Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Todd Snider does a live show every Sunday on his Facebook and it's pretty great.

He did a cover of Copperhead Road today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
just discovering Sturgill Simpson and well, it's a treat

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Bonzo posted:

You are going to be really pissed or really satisfied as you dive in

I don't know much about country at all. It was a genre I kind of avoided because I was close-minded, and am just kinda digging into it because of stuff like Todd Snider and John Prine. Find myself really digging Steve Earle, Jerry Jeff Walker and Billy Joe Shaver

I went through a Sturgill playlist last night and loved it. Now I am getting baked as I dig into Metamodern Sounds in Country Music and I loving love it.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
So I went from Metamodern Sounds to Sound and Fury and well, I love Sound and Fury too.

At which point am I supposed to be pissed off? High Top or Sailor's Guide?

drat, I seriously love this.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

XBenedict posted:

I like sailors guide. I didn’t like sound and fury at all.

It drat sure wasn't what I expected at all, but I have to say being on edibles really helped. It's not country. I don't know what the hell genre to call it.

I am gonna go ahead and finish out his discography tonight.

I think I'll be in this thread quite a bit asking for recommendations. That John Prine live album with the electric band (September 78?) was exquisite. Someone mentioned that a few pages back.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I'm just discovering Billy Strings and holy poo poo what a talent, what amazing music.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2heH1OUdE
Todd Snider played a nice Buffett tribute on Sunday. Plays tons of his songs and tells lots of stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Elephunk posted:

I am very excited for a Rassle Rumblemania in Van Andel Arena tonight!!

Hell yes, me too! Just reupped my Nugs account last week.

Help a goon out! Lots of books - horror, nonfiction, classics and more for sale.