Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Teo, 09/05
0. C
1. C
2. C
3. C
4. C
5. B
6. A
7. C
8. B
9. B
10.A
11.C
12.C
13.A
14.A
15.B
16.B
17.C
18.C
19.B
20.A
21.B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

You're gonna shoot for all the extra in-battle dialogue right?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Helmet 10 Warehouse posted:

^^^^^^
Are you referring to choices like in this update, or the dialog between special party members and enemiesthat happens in certain battles?

The latter. It'd be nice to have it all compiled. Also there's a couple of places where important plot points are buried in it. No pressure or anything, there's just a ton of characterization in it and it'd be nice to see.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 29, 2012

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Catiua, master manipulator or inconsistently characterized, you decide.

This is something I really like about Catiua. She feels like she has a lot more agency than most JRPG heroines.

Our father is dead - a hard truth, but a truth all the same. In all the world, you are the only one bound to me by blood, brother. I couldn't bear to let you die. Forgive me. I know my words will not sway you. Only promise me.... Promise you'll never leave your sister.

Sometimes she does sound hella clingy, but it makes much, much more sense when you recall from the opening that they survived an ethnic cleansing.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

You did an excellent job with the story summary in the update, it was very simple and clear. With the complicated plot it's very handy to have something like that when you aren't actually playing the game and don't have access to the information menu or whatever.

Yeah, you're doing a really good job with this. I especially liked the territory map, which is something that should have been in the game itself (especially later in the game when it literally starts "go back to the map you just came from because the enemy captured it again after you left).

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I understand seems like it'll make for a more interesting story.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Stop counting votes, period, and go with God.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

FairGame posted:

Wait, so the remake introduces a brand new story character in Ravness only to kill her off immediately?

Just as FFT borrowed heavily from TO, TO PSP borrows heavily from FFT. It is an endless ouroboros of homages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Octopi are some straight up fuckers, especially at higher levels.

• Locked thread