Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I got invaded by a dude and he kept running away from me everytime I kicked his rear end, I eventually got tired of chasing him and went on my way. Then he shows up again and kills me in the middle of another fight with an NPC.

I guess the only solution is to chase that rear end in a top hat to the ends of the earth and kill him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Got invaded by some rear end in a top hat who somehow kept getting the crit behind backstab thing even though he was like 10ft away and not even near my back, was pretty stupid. :saddowns:

Other than that I have no idea where I should go. I ended up fighting a giant dog with a sword in his mouth but he kicked my rear end.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I haven't really been doing much online stuff since I can never seem to stay human for more than a few minutes. I decided I'd try and summon a guy, I finally get someone to appear after a ton of fails, and he just runs straight forward off a cliff and dies.

In other news, gently caress those 2 archers in Anor Londo, I think I must have tried that area at least 50 times. So many lost souls :(

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Haha I didn't know that those cursed statues that pop up out of nowhere are actually players that got owned in their world. I was wondering why they just appeared when I thought I had destroyed them already.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Just forged a Dragon Bone Fist so I can start shoryukening people. Is it worth upgrading it to +5?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Decided to make another character, I feel like I overlevelled the gently caress out of my second one and my first one was just jacked with stupid stats. So that's 38 hours in Dark Souls and I have a level 7 now. :byodood:

Though getting the cracked red orbs from Firelink Shrine and then invading ASAP is fun, though I'm not sure I like PvP that much because it seems to lag way too much. I did kick a guy off a ledge though.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I tried running at x4 native resolution and my computer exploded. Although It did look very pretty for a second!

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Spent 3 hours farming for a BSS on my new character to no avail. Farmed up 10 humanity just from killing poo poo and still haven't found it yet. For fucks sake!

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Okay, Sif instantly killed me pretty much and I have no idea how to take that fucker out. Very fast and a particle effect on him makes my game slow to a crawl for some reason.

You want to rush at him and get under his legs ASAP, then just go to town. Rinse and repeat for the most part.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

This, incidentally, is part of the reason the game is so great. Everything is a set difficulty from the start of the game, and the only thing you can do to make it easier on yourself is to get stronger by leveling up and getting better gear, and of course by learning how to play the game... just like God intended.

I really love this game, and it's probably now my favorite PC game of all time...which used to be a console game. gently caress though man, everything about it is just so freaking cool.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

How rare is the Balder Sword drop? I have been farming the church in Parish for some time now, managed to get a Buckler, a Rapier, lots of Titanite but not the drat thing. :mad:

Also, is there any way to make my Pyro spells like Fireball have more casts, or will I always be able to use it 8 times? In a non-spoilerish way, is it too long until I will be able to do that?

Took me 3 hours of farming yesterday and an hour and a half today to finally get it to drop. I had 2 balder shields drop and about 30+ assorted balder armor pieces.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

Goddammitt I was farming the Depths as SL35 for some large shards and I got cursed by those loving frogs for the first time and then died on the way back to my stain. I lost 35k in souls and 3 liquid humanity. gently caress! And then it took me about 15 minutes of tense farming to get the 6k needed for a curse stone.

Lost like 45k Souls and 11 Humanity to the Capra Demon because I thought I should take the route with the Dragon :downs:. I wasn't using any of it anyway, I didn't want to SL up anymore and I can't buy large titanite shards yet, all my stuff is upgraded as far as titanite shards can go.

The hell are you supposed to do in that situation? I guess all that balder farming got me bloated with souls.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Underwhelmed posted:

You don't see summon signs in blight town much. I've done it before and it's fun, but most people seem to be more averse to the idea of falling than I am. loving around as a phantom is the best time to do it.

The first time I did Sen's Fortress, before even going through once, I put down a summon sign for fun. I got summoned by a guy who seemed to already know what he was doing. Of course I didn't so I ended up getting owned by second group of pendulum axes. I put down another summon sign because I felt like an idiot, the same guy ended up summoning me again. I died in the same place.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Man those baby mushrooms are so adorable, the way they get mad and charge at you and then trip is so cute.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Shlapintogan posted:

What if I told you there are BIGGER versions of those baby mushrooms?

What if I told you they will obliterate your poo poo right in front of your face?

Oh I know, don't think I haven't experienced the horror when those little baby mushrooms run home and cry to mama.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh and I also said no to the cat in the forest by accident, i guess i'm screwed out of the forest covenant right?

You can absolve your sins at the guy below the first bell tower to reset that.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So anyone can invade a gravelord servant? I saw a gravelord sign show up in The Depths while farming and I wasn't even Human, or cursed by his bullshit or whatever. I died because he had a ridiculous bleed/fire sword but I thought you had to be Human and cursed to even see a gravelord sign, guess not.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

Any way I could trade a Balder Side Sword for a Hollow Soldier Shield over online? I can't seem to drop the drat weapon. :(

Also, getting back to this:

I'm now playing with the resolution fix and it seems like the game is performing exactly as before I was using it, so no impact for better or for worse, while the graphics are, as we all know, 100% better.

What really solved the fps drops for me was setting my power options in the control panel to high performance (instead of balanced) and making that bizarre thing in the CCC: putting all the settings at maximum. Before that I was getting very unstable framerates and sometimes going down to 14-15fps. Now I'm constantly on 30, with a few, not frequent hitches here and there, except when there are thousands of particles in the air, which seldom is the case.

At least in the areas I visited so far, I'm completely content with it now and I'm enjoying this brilliant game much more.

I'll give you one if you come to The Depths bonfire, I'm SL30. My name is The Brickwalker.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Look who shows up in possibly the worst area imaginable. Then again, I guess that's the point right? This was taken moments before death by the way.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I kept invading the same Gravelord over and over yesterday, I kept dying but eventually he disconnected. Attrition at it's finest? I think so.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Thought I'd try out Tomb of the Giant after O&S, why Oh god why I don't even want to go back there ever good thing I had a ring of sacrifice on.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Tomb of the Giants became a whole lot simpler when I realized I should just run through like a little bitch instead of trying to fight every single thing.

Also fighting Baby Skeletons with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and Ring of the Evil Eye seems cheap.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Tomb of the Giants:

Gravelord Nito was a surprisingly easy fight, the only thing that got me were those screaming graveswords, couldn't get the timing right, but they didn't hurt that much. What sucks is I forgot to level the covenant up to get the Greater Gravesword Dance before I killed him. Oh well NG+ will cover that.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I've been seeing an epidemic of "need head" signs.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

There's some ridiculous exp to be made in the Painted World:

The phalanx respawning miniboss is a chump to mass AoE like Wrath of the Gods, It one shots all of them and you net 8000 xp, the bonfire is super close too.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I'm so glad this game doesn't have an annoying heartbeat sound effect or blood slashes on the screen or like a red vignette when you're low on health. It's little things like that that make the game great.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

The Four Kings remind me of an MMO raid, not enough DPS! Yes, I'm complaining because I got owned :(

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

UberJumper posted:

So i just got the lord vessel What am i supposed to do now? The snake dude in Firelink appears to be sleeping?

Also i had the best :darksouls: moment when i got invaded in the interior of Anor Lando, and the guy proceeded to play hide and go seek for about an hour, where he kept disguising himself as random pots/chests. When ever i caught him he would spam some miracle and run away, only to find a new hiding spot. Also there is nothing creepier than when you turn around and suddenly the vase that was behind you is gone, or the level of paranoia, of "ohshit did that vase just loving move *stab* guess not".

Eventually i cornered him and he dropped a level 5 black knight halberd, and disconnected. :psyduck:

That sounds loving awesome, I wish I got invaded by such people.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Dr. Carwash posted:

The bonfire at the top of Sen's Fortress...how the hell are you supposed to find that without a guide?

The one that got me was finding the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, Oh let me just fall into pitch blackness on the off chance there's ground to land on.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Tolain posted:

You know, I agree with the general sentiment that combat is fair...except for titanite demons swinging their giant catch poles through solid walls. That's some serious bullshit. It doesn't help that they place them in the gimmicky-est spots ever (I'm looking at you, sens fortress).

The one in Anor Londo got me like this, I stepped outside the little room he's in and went to use Heal and then he slammed his pole right through the wall and down onto my face.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

One thing I wish was in the game was being able to aim miracles like Lightning Spear as you can with a Bow. It sucks when you have to always aim for the center mass because of lock on.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

He's over in the tower just across from the boss fog door.

Allow this video to illustrate to you about Tarkus.

Haha, I regret not summoning him now.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I accidentally fed frampt my Black Knight Greataxe, I wasn't going to use it anyway :saddowns:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

My first Darkmoon invasion was a success. Do they not get a notification? The guy had his back to me when I got summoned and was fighting something else, I threw a lightning spear at him, in retrospect I should have probably backstabbed him.

I still won though, The guilty pay the price!

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I actually got summoned for once using the Darkmoon ring :v:

I should probably wear it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

EthanSteele posted:

The only thing that comes as close to being as cartoonish are the ghosts in New Londo, they look like they're straight out of Ghost Master or something. Even they don't make anything close to that boopboopboop noise in terms of pure goof though.

I don't know the Mushrooms + Mushroom babies + Mimics are pretty drat cartoonish.

• Locked thread