Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Besides added DLC, have they added any new enemies to the original areas or ramp'd up the difficulty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm playing a faith based character for the first time. Will there be a big difference between pvp and pve as a faith user?

So far none of the faith spells Thorund (the guy in the firelinks rhine) sells seem to be worse purchasing. Whats the point of the healing spells if I have estus flasks. Do they cast faster than Estus?

All the beginner faith based spells seem pointless to me right now. Do I get better spells once I visit the Sunlight Shrine beneath the Red Dragon on the bridge?

Any important faith based npcs or talismans I need to aim for like big hat logan and the moonlight sword for sorcerors ?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Illegal Username posted:

Put the game away for a few months because i raged out at the Four Lords so badly. Picked it up again and beat it in one fell swoop. :buddy:

Special FUCKYOUs go to the Bed of Chaos which is one of the most unfun things in a videogame i've ever seen and that goon who told me to upgrade my Uchigatana into a Chaos blade.

Now to go through with a faq and see what kind of things i missed out on.

As a faith/dex based character I plan on using the Uchigatana throughout the game. Whats the problem with the Chaos blade? Its either that or Occult/Divine Uchigatana, which scales with faith/dex.

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Uchigatana#Chaos_Path

Edit: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_(Upgrade_Path)
Yeah Chaos sucks at high level pvp but its great for low levels I guess? No stat scaling AND they can't be enchanted. They only do superior damage in the long run if you have a bunch of humanity.

Kneel Before Zog fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 17, 2012

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's kind of interesting but the 60 FPS mod really does make the game feel actually faster at times. I don't necessarily get that effect moving to 60fps in other games so I don't know if it might actually be working that way or what. Also, if you don't have 60fps enabled in DSFix, I actually recommend it. I had to turn my internal resolution down from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 but I get a perfect 60fps almost everywhere(consistent framerate in Blighttown, what the hell) and it's awesome.

May I ask what screen you are using. I didn't know resolutions went thats high. The best screen I've had went up to 1080p. How much would a screen with that resolution ability cost?

Also on a Dark Souls note, could anyone point out what are some ways to cheese other players as a low soul level invader?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Magres posted:

That makes me want to make a Miracle/Sorc character for Chameleon and Emit Force to go troll in... well poo poo, basically anywhere there are nasty ledges to fall off of, which is the vast, vast majority of the game.

What were the soul levels of the two fighters at the 10:45 mark. The invader hit that invadee so many times and he had tons of hp afterwards. I saw some multiple hits at 700 damage. What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cat doter posted:

As a SL1 dickwraith, it can be super unfair to newbies when you just roll up and destroy them, but I'm just playing the game as intended, just taking advantage of the upgrade system. I wouldn't do it so much if the risk/reward wasn't so heavily in my favour, but hey, I get tons of humanity, and don't really risk anything substantial. It's hard to resist.

You are on ng+ as a SL1? Whats the lazy mans way to becoming a low level invader DickWraith?

• Locked thread