Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I hated how much time it took to create a build so I hope the BB glitch and the other duping glitch are still in. To be honest I really wouldn't mind some sort of save modifier to give me items if it could save me hours of grinding.

Obviously I will do a clean first run to experience the DLC but I've already put at least a hundred hours into the PS3 version and the exclusion of the BB glitch will make fun gimmick builds difficult to create.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

If we could have something like that added to the OP that would be helpful. I want to go in blind, but I also don't want to be a fuckwit about applying stat points.

Put all the points into Resistance.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Any idea if all this hex editing stuff is bannable through GFWL? As silly as that sounds.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Augh how could I forget these dart shooters in Blighttown? :argh:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
AMD X6 1090T, AMD Radeon HD 6950, 4GB RAM runs perfectly in case anyone else wanted to know before buying, 30 FPS at Blighttown.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Hi Gibbed!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

Oh hey, I'm in the top ten!

I don't think I'll be obsessive enough to stay there though. It was hard enough making it into the top 20 on the 360.

It's going to be filled with hackers with 9999999999 humanity by the end of the week.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Let me tell you guys about my Quelaag X Fair Lady fanfic...

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Dear loving rear end in a top hat archers in Anor Londo. How I loathe you!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Fuligin posted:

So, anyone figured out how you trigger/get to the DLC content yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

From what I saw in the trailers, it looks like the Golden Crystal Golem in Darkroot Basin might have something to do with it. I'll be headed there in an hour or so to check it out.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Oh god (DLC Spoilers) Manus is hard as poo poo. Relentless as gently caress.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

ivantod posted:

Small strategy hint: You may want to try the silver pendant...

I apparently missed something because I never saw that.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

ivantod posted:

I'm trying to be a little vague so you still get to enjoy the discovery: There are illusory walls in Oolacile that open not when they are hit but when you shine light on them. It's behind one of them.

Oh wow I completely missed what that sign meant.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Are these carvings of any use or what? I've just beat Manus and I seem to have no idea where to go.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
If you really want to coop with a buddy just put down a sign in a not-so-open area and he can look for it. Both can be Way of the White for better chances.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Welp I killed Ingward and he didn't drop the seal key. And I can't get Gough do his thing in the DLC area. :v:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

Quitting the game and reloading might also help.

If you didn't get the key and it wasn't by his corpse after you quit and reloaded, try the chest in Firelink Shrine that is usually empty. Key items turn up there if you lose them.

I'll try that next time I load up, lot of Dark Souls weirdness can usually be solved by quitting and reloading, though I hadn't thought about it.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

The player ones are more limited. Players can only choose one word, so it's things like "Imminent Boss" or a whole variety two-word tit jokes at the end of Anor Londo.

Try Holding in Both Hands :mmmhmm:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Jsor posted:

I'll post more as I find it if anybody is interested.

I'd be interested in anything you find and I also wonder if editing in gear would be possible.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I sure wish there was some sort of indication of the Gravelord Servant working or not. I feel stupid sitting here for 15 minutes and wondering if I'm not the right SL. I'm fine if people are just scared to invade but I sure wish I could see a little "dude died to your op phantom mob" message.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Jsor posted:

Memory IDing stuff

Cool poo poo dude, while you were doing that I was gravelording and invading Parish. I can confirm Gravelord Servant actually works! Had a fight with a red phantom and a blue phantom at the same time and managed to win it.

Interesting how the Bottomless Box scrambles the inventory in memory after using it as well as how the equipped items work.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

SixtySix posted:

Incredible new items:

1. Little wooden carvings that you can drop (they are reusable) that will say something to all the phantoms in your world in Gough's voice. Stuff like "I'm sorry" or "help me!"

5. An item that emits a WoG-like field to repel Dark Magic.

I made a video of the carvings and Silver Pendant, I won't embed it since they're pretty amazing and exploitable in online play.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Seems like nobody is being summoned at Parish anymore. Did everyone move onto the next areas?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
So where does a Red Phantom go at SL30 to welcome some newbies? :getin:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

MrTheDevious posted:

DLC encounter question, because I'm just plain curious: What's the gimmick for killing the huge blob of chains with the telephone pole sticking out of it's head? Hitting it with a sword just worked like hitting a shield, did 20dmg and left me wide open to get rocked. I cheesed him with sorcery, but I feel like there has to be a way without magic that I just didn't find

I was using the Black Knight Greataxe and it tore that thing apart.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Been attempting to invade the Depths, Blighttown and Sen's for the last 30 minutes or so and no luck. Is everyone just currently playing as hollow or what?

Always put points into resistance.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Neat, the invasions are starting to come in! Blighttown is my domain, please leave.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Brackhar posted:

So I'm going to do something stupid this time and play a parry based character. What's the best thing for parrying in this game? Is it still the estoc/rapier like in Demon Souls?

Target Shield and Parrying Dagger are the best for parrying. As for your weapon I think you can do anything, use a giant hammer for awesome parries.

Or if you're too cool for school the curved greatswords can be used to parry.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
The higher resolution makes me realize how loving creepy the Blighttown Berserkers look. :stare:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Making people roll off the platform to dodge a Dung Pie. :allears:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

TastyAvocado posted:

A new content question:

Where do you get the key for Gough's door? I've been all the way to the end and didn't find it. I read it was in the building before the abyss, is that the building with the weird chain miniboss or the building before that one with all the monkeys? Also is it possible to get gough's armor?

It's in the building with all the monkey enemies, search around for a doorway you probably missed. Also I've read it's possible to get Gough's Armor by killing him.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
While gravelording at Parish I was invaded multiple times by a guy with two Dark Hands. Unless I'm mistaken isn't that only a Darkwraith covenant reward? Also for a guy with a Child Mask and using ascended pyrohand with Great Combustion he sure was poo poo since I beat him 3 times, the last one being assisted by a spirit of vengeance.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I remember using the Knight Shield until I got the Grass Crest Shield. Didn't know it was worse and it looked cool. :v:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

The only stat the Knight Shield is good at is bashing damage, which you shouldn't care about unless you are crazy enough to wield a shield in your main hand.

Well now I want to make a double greatshield bashing gimmick build.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Please afk at bonfires sitting down or else you'll get a face full of Acid Surge!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Stokes posted:

A few Gravelord Covenant questions. I've never fully tried it out.

1. Will I only infect players around my level?
2. If there are no players in the area will it wait until they show up to infect them or is the eye wasted?
3. If I use an eye will a player entering the area I used it in become infected upon entering the area or do only players who are already in the area get infected?

1. I believe it adheres to the 10 + 10% rule of invasions but I'm not 100% sure.
2. The effect is continuous so it will always attempt to infect 3 other players after a player leaves or dies.
3. It can affect players who enter the area after you use the eye.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I wonder if Sen's is too hard to expect people to be going through as human?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Burns posted:

So I just killed Ingward and he didn't drop the key? What happens now?

Same thing happened to me. I think we're both hosed. Don't kill Ingward everyone!

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Lork posted:

Have you tried checking the lost and found chest next to Frampt? If it's not there then yeah, you're probably boned.

Yup I did.

It's possible they decided to change it so you HAVE to get him to give it to you, forcing everyone to go through Anor Londo.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Stokes posted:

I googled about this and am only seeing it happen in NG+. Did it work in NG?

Yeah a straight up new game. I haven't looked anywhere else other than the top of the ruins church and the lost and found chest though but I'm really not sure where else it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm stuck on Manus bigtime, can't even remotely come close, but I never found Kalameet and don't have the item you're talking about...does that make the fight more possible in some way? If so, how do I find it? I'm sure it has something to do with Kalameet, since I never encountered him, so I guess how do I go about encountering him?

Outside of the entrance to the arena, near the masked merchant, look down. There will be a river.

• Locked thread