Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

OP might also want to add a tip about not consuming fire keeper souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

What is the general rule of thumb for enemies weak/resistant to the different types of damage? I think the Taurus demon is weak to lightning (hence the Gold Pine resin just before him) and I know Divine stops skeletons from getting up, but that's it.

People way overrate lightning because you tend to get it first, it's hard to resist in pvp and it's never really bad against anything other than blue drakes. Magic is the most common enemy weakness in the game with only crystal golems hard resisting it and then chaos is next most useful, although it is also the most resisted including some bosses.

The general rule is that magic is good against armoured enemies(and skeletons for divine), fire is good against fleshy enemies and skeletons and lightning is good against dragons.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Astora's is slightly worse than a regular divine longsword.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Antinumeric posted:

I think starting as a Bandit is best simply because you get the spider shield. That thing has kept me through the whole game and saved me a lot of aggro in Blighttown, do any other shields ignore poison so well?

The greatshield of Artorias and the crystal shield sold by Domnhall of Zena both have poison/toxic/bleed status block.

• Locked thread