Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Besides added DLC, have they added any new enemies to the original areas or ramp'd up the difficulty?

Nope, besides the DLC its exactly the same as the console versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Look like it's still unlocking 3.5 hours from now in Europe, I restarted Steam and the unlock time didn't change.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

I'm kind of an old school gamer and I don't mind dying all the time forever. Am I better off going into this game blind or do I need to read up on stuff? How do I get maximum enjoyment out of this fine computer video game?

I'd say read the OP and nothing else then go play it.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's a shame about the resolution/frame rate lock. Maybe they'll patch it with time.

What I'm really afraid of though is how hacking will quickly destroy the multiplayer. A lot of the fun of this game is invading/being invaded and trying to out-dick your opponent, won't really be fun if people have infinite health and deal 50k damage.

Hacking on the 360 is only slightly harder (all you need is a USB drive) and in my many hours of pvping i've only seen a couple hackers. Just cause its possible doesn't mean everyone will hack, most people still enjoy playing legit most.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Jolan posted:

God drat it, six out of my eight death have been camera-related. And gently caress you, 360 controller D-pad.

Do soul patches or whatever they're called persist between games? In other words, if I die and quit the game, will my retrieval-patch be there next time I play?

Yes it will, the only thing that makes them disappear is dying again, you can quit and come back in a year and it'll still be there.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Do note that artorias' greatshield requires 34 strength to use.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Adrian Owlsley posted:

What's a good level to stop leveling at? I'm about level 80 right now and I'm about at the point where my build won't be distinct if I invest any more points since I've hit very bad diminishing returns on my main stats and have decent levels in the others.

People usually stop around 120 because its generally accepted as the point where you have enough points to spend to do what you want but not so much that everyone becomes the same.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Gotta summon her the first time for her sign to appear the second time. That's one for NG+.

The witch armor will always appear after you beat 4 kings, summoning or not summoning her makes no difference.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Veev posted:

I've quit assisting for Quelaag, none of my hosts can manage to not die to her fire explosion and she uses it a lot more often now too.

She uses it a lot when you're assisting because her trigger for spamming it is when 2 or more people are right next to her. When assisting for Quelaag you'll want to use ranged attacks of some sort so you don't make her spam her deathball constantly.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

redmercer posted:

Where's a guaranteed bow? I suspect I'm going to get my poo poo pushed in by a certain bug until I get one. Would rather buy one than grind against hollow archers

You can find a longbow on a corpse near the bug in the darkroot basin

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

DrProsek posted:

I've just started playing Dark Souls recently and I've finally gotten stuck. I just ran into a boss I can't beat: the Moonlight Butterfly, and every time it shoots one of its attacks I seem to get hit even if I try rolling; I tend to end up rolling into a bridge wall and not moving far enough, and if I block I still lose a bit of health. I sadly have no magic, bows or anything else that can let me shoot the boss, so I tend to end up really hurt once it finally lands and I get a chance to attack. Do I just need to pay more attention and make sure when I roll it's away from the incoming attack without hitting a wall too soon, or is there a trick to making the boss easier?

The easiest way to beat the boss that doesn't require you to really do anything is to become human. There's an NPC summon sign hidden behind a bush at the bottom of the tower you climb to get to the bossfight that will absolutely destroy the butterfly on her own.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Pyrolocutus posted:

Newbie question: is using Titanite on basic earlier weapons to upgrade them a bad idea if I'm in need of a little extra oomph? It sounds like regular Titanite isn't that hard to obtain.

its a good idea, everything but the highest level of upgrade materials is easy to obtain.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Somtimes a thrumming pulse of golden light flies into my head. What's up with that?

Someone kindled a bonfire near you, the pulse gives you an extra estus flask (up to 20).

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

HenessyHero posted:

Do I lose anything by armouring my head with a rinky dink cloth while covering the rest of my body with the hardest, heaviest steel? Doing this juuuuust gets me back into mid-roll.

There's no location-specific armor, the only thing that counts is your total.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

If you are fighting the skeletons you went the wrong way. I advise reading the FAQ in the OP, it covers subjects like 'don't go to the graveyard'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

So with people talking about pvp stuff i wonder, what's the consequence for dying as either an invader or invaded? Do you loose all your souls and liquid humanities period? Or is it like that scripted invasion in the murder quest where you're simply thrown out without any harm done? Every video i see has people pvp with 99 humanities and like 12 billion souls, so either everyone hex edits or the the punishment can't be that bad.

Unless the hacker is using exploits to gently caress up your save (i assume the dsfix backups make this a trivial fix?), encountering an obvious hacker sounds like just one in a million other deaths.

Dying in someone elses world simply throws you back to your own world, no other penalty.

• Locked thread