Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Cardboard Box posted:

Maybe the thumbnails look good, but when you blow it up to full 1920x1080 it looks pretty goddamn blurry and awful.

Ah come on, this may not be the next Crysis, but this looks perfectly acceptable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I have no idea what people are going on about technical problems. I played for two hours straight and my experience was flawless. I suppose I should mention I use a 360 controller.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I'm not trying to brag, I'm just stunned by the amount of problems people are having. Also to the guy who asked I have an NVidia GTX 560 ti card, 6 Gigs of RAM, and an AMD phenom(tm) II X6 1090T processor 3,2 GHz.

Karanas fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 24, 2012

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Where do you get the thing that lets you write stuff? I'm all the way in to the darkroot garden and I still haven't found it.

Also the moonlight butterfly is tearing me a new rear end in a top hat, it's so bad I'm wondering if I didn't take a wrong turn somewhere.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Orv posted:

The merchant in the main area of the Undead Burg sells it.
The what now? I never found anyone in there.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Drakes posted:

Nothing wrong with coming back later. Hitting the drat thing with my +3 weapon for low 20s was kinda tedious.

There's other paths to take? Cuz right now all I have to my name beyond the initial wanderer equipment is a knight shield and a +1 longsword.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Turns out I did take a wrong turn at the Darkroot garden. I shouldn't have gone there in the first place. Should have known, but I forgot what my objective was in the first place, which was to get to those bells.

Now to find the entrance to blightown. Also how do I invade other realms?

Karanas fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 24, 2012

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Son of a bitch, people weren't kidding about the capra demon. I went in with a phantom which got demolished in under ten seconds and I didn't last that much longer. Still I feel like I could take him if I could find a reliable way to evade his initial rush and take out those loving dogs.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

cat doter posted:

The important thing is to not panic. Well, that goes for any boss in general in this game, but the idea is that you stand your ground, and try not to freak out and run around like an idiot. Try and eat a few hits while blocking so you can position yourself properly, and just peck at the dogs in between blocks. As long as you don't take too much damage or keep getting knocked down to 0 stamina, you'll get the dogs down fairly reliably and you'll be able to concentrate on capra once they're down.

Maybe that advice is fairly useless, but it's a good general approach to pretty much every boss in the game.

The thing is that even if I manage to block his initial attack, it still eats half my health, then the dogs swarm me and finish me off. My latest attempt seriously lasted less than 5 seconds

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Hot drat, the undead burg/parish was pure pleasure compared to the depths and Blighttown. After much toil I've managed to reach the bottom of Blighttown but there's toxic snipers everywhere and I don't have any flowers left and oh god what are those mosquitoes and i wanna go hooooome :gonk:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Finally reached Sen's fortress and man does that thing look ominous.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Internet Kraken posted:

I've been trying to avoid reading this thread because of spoilers but I keep coming back. I'm so bad at this game and need help :saddowns:

Andor Londo is murdering me. Specifically, the two black knight archers. I can't figure out how to fight them without getting turned into a pincushion. If I go for one I get shot in the back by the other. As far as I can tell there are no other paths for me to take and I can't just run past them either. The only time I was moderately successful was when one glitched and couldn't shoot me while I killed the other, but right when I killed one he shot me anyways.

And of course they respawn :negative:

I find that if you can get to the knight standing in the way you need to go (right one) the one on the left will not be able to shoot you in the back. Must be a pillar in the way or something.

Of course now you have to beat a silver knight who's right in your face and no room to manoeuver. Riposte is probably the best way to go in that case.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Internet Kraken posted:

Been trying that, I just got shot in the back and then die as the two bounce arrows off me.

Getting kind of fed up. If possible, can someone tell me what needs to happen for the firelink bonfire to come back with minimal spoilers? I'd like to do some stuff back there for a bit but the bonfire being out is a pain.

I think I get what you're saying. Once you get on the ledge you're still liable to get shot in the back. I just completed that section again and what I did is do a dodge roll when the right side knight fires to dodge his arrow and the one in your back should miss as well. It's tricky granted, but once you're in the knight's face, the one in the back should be powerless.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

areyoucontagious posted:

Is there a lot of work for a lvl 47 darkmoon? Or should I level up some more?

Wouldn't know about that. I'm a lv 90 and I still don't get poo poo.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Internet Kraken posted:

I've only fought 4K twice but both times it didn't go very well. It took all 4 chaos fireballs just to take one of them down, and this is with a +15 pyromancy glove. I can't imagine how I'm going to beat them since I'll inevitably have to use my rapier which does gently caress all in terms of damage now.

I'd try again but the walk from Firelink sucks. Guess I'll run my head up against a different wall before going there again.

Don't know if you're aware, but you can create a shortcut from firelink to 4K. It takes two minutes top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLFXox_TTPg

You just need to lower the ladder first.

Karanas fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 9, 2012

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I really don't get all the hate lost Izalith gets. I mean sure it's visually underwhelming and the boss is kind of an rear end in a top hat, but the way people talk about it you'd think the level violated them on a personal level. Is it the dino things? Because they seem pretty passive to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Ok so I did something dumd and deleted my GWFL profile. I tried to use another one but it says the cd-key is already in use, Is there something I can do to renew it or am I screwed to buy another?

• Locked thread