Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

voltron lion force posted:

Firstly, this is the best DS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsrNWNc2VCA

Secondly, I thought the point of splitting the threads was so that we could talk spoilers here?

It was sort of both and neither. We didn't want to spoil the main game for PC newbies, and the console goons didn't want the DLC spoiled in the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

TerminalBlue posted:

Man I hope there's a way to get around the 30 FPS cap without breaking the game.

So tired of that poo poo with console ports.

I thought the reason for this cap was that Dark Souls bases animation timings off of frames instead of actual timings?

Edit: beaten

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

L-O-N posted:

Has anyone tried to join the gravelord servants yet? I'm having a problem. Spoiler just to be safe.got in the coffin for a couple of minutes and nothing happened.

Don't you need at least one of the covenant specific items for it to proc. trying to be as vague as possible.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Man I can't wait for all the newbies in this thread to get to Sen's . I love hearing people's reactions to that place their first play through.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Rashaverak posted:

This is the first time I have ever encountered a console port that really, truly requires a controller. Most games, it's recommended but I've been able to get by without one, but this game... ugh.

I thought this would be the same deal. Sure, it might be a bit easier with a controller, but still playable. Not so. I've never used a controller with a computer before and have no idea where to even begin to try and find one, as I don't own any consoles.

A wired 360 controller is your best bet. You should be able to find one for $20-25.

Edit: beaten.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I just realized the most tragic part about people who are using the hi-res mod not being able to see orange soapstone messages is that they will miss out on the numerous "Incredible chest ahead" messages in front of Gwynevere" .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

The forums are crashing a lot and I feel like it's, in large part, due to this thread. :tinfoil:

I have been able to check literally every other thread besides this one and the console DaS thread on my phone, to add to your :tinfoil:

• Locked thread