Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How about the 1024x720 internal resolution? Any chance that can be sharpened up a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are you talking about modding or what? Who knows what that would even do to multiplayer anyway. I hope people aren't thinking of modding the game and just playing it offline the whole time, that's missing a big chunk of the fun.

If someone mods the suck out of Tomb of the Giants then so be it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I think I'll try a heavy DEX build this time, maybe Hunter. Might be fun to use bows more with a mouse.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And when you get there you won't see anything anyway.

A sharper image goes a long way to making that place less of an unfun shithole.

That and a weapon that can one-shot everything.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I saw that yesterday and just had to chuckle. I think there are just some words and phrases people forget exist within the orange soapstone that are surprising to see written, and "Skeleton?" is so non sequitur that it's somehow funny.

It was the first message you saw when you entered Anor Londo on the PS3 version and it had hundreds of votes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'll settle for a rehash of Dark Souls covenant-style multiplayer options so long as they all actually work more often than not.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My biggest beef with Dark Souls as far as over-obscure game elements goes are the fake walls. I'd be fine if they had some subtle clue that they were breakable but they're just seemingly-ordinary parts of the world geometry that magically vanish when you strike them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The large majority of them DO have subtle hints. The only ones that don't, really, are the Great Hollow ones. The rest are subtly different from the surrounding walls, or have what seems to be an obvious arch framing them. Sometimes you can see stuff behind them if you're paying attention. There's a spot in the catacombs where you can see the second bonfire at, before you get to the illusory wall, for example. The wall itself is suspect. You just have to put two and two together.

Besides the Great Hollow entrance there's also the hidden wall in sen's fortress that leads to a giant near where you fall down to the front of the first pendulum walkway after climbing out of the tar pit. Also the ones in the cellar of the painted world but once you know this is a game that has fake walls you know to check them.

• Locked thread