Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Unbeknowsnt posted:

Part of me believes that Namco/Bandai saw the request for the PC version and starting thinking about money. How they could get as much as they can.

"We have a DLC for consoles coming out this winter. We need to release the PC version before that happens. That way people will buy the game, maybe even twice, just for the new stuff. FROM, make it happen. You have a couple months."

I don't know how long they had for this port. I'm guessing it wasn't very long.

I would say that blame should be put more towards Namco/Bandai than FROM.

From had pretty much no PC experience and this was built from the grounds up to be a console game. A lot of the things in the game probably won't work at higher resolutions/fps.

Here's an article that speculates why this is.

http://www.bluh.org/?p=263

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Rexicon1 posted:

Hey, quick question, Steam isn't allowing the game to be pre-loaded right? Is this because of GFWL?

It's preloading on my computer at this moment.

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm about to pre-load this game at lunch. I'm new to the Souls franchise, can you respec your build at all? I know it's been said that all builds are viable.

No but for your first play-though you shouldn't worry too much about that. Just go with what you find and if you find a cool weapon get your specs up for that.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 23, 2012

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Has anyone tried to join the gravelord servants yet? I'm having a problem. Spoiler just to be safe.got in the coffin for a couple of minutes and nothing happened.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

wisdomHNOX posted:

Don't you need at least one of the covenant specific items for it to proc. trying to be as vague as possible.

Wow, I never knew that. Thanks

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Rookersh posted:

So this game doesn't have any strange autofail things right?

Not for the endings no. And anything you missed on the first play through can be gotten on the second.

• Locked thread