Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Rocketlex posted:

I want an alternate game mode that replaces all the humans with diggles. Run a diggle city populated entirely by diggles with tophats and coats.

I would pay so much money for this.

Also for that diggle plushie that was on the website a while back. When are the diggle plushies coming, Gaslamp! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

nvining posted:

Diggles and other stuff

Just take this, it's my bank account information, just take whatever you need. No, no. Whatever you want.

Seriously CE sounds sweet as hell and I will happy to buy five copies for me and all my friends.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah I mean the big problem with steampunk is not that it's inherently dumb-- it's a neat combination of aesthetics when properly applied-- it's that so often it gets hideously abused and overused in ugly ways to put gears that don't connect to anything on things and so on and so forth.

Really it's well-suited to this sort of colonization game and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

nvining posted:

There is also a tendency as a developer to sort of want to make everybody happy, you know, rather than sticking with the internal vision that we as a company have for what the game is and how it'll go. So there is an internal vision of what we want to make - in fact, a quite detailed one - and we think it'll be a game people will enjoy a lot, even if it's not necessarily the game people have projected onto what bits of the design we have out there. ("ZOMG let's put Diggles in a Zeppelin with little goggles on!" - our version of Dwarves with Guns syndrome.)

On the other hand, there is scientifically nothing cuter than diggles in a zeppelin with little goggles on so even if it isn't in the game, I expect to see art of it and I expect to be able to buy a print of it and I expect to be able to put it on my wall, mister. :colbert:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Admiral Funk posted:

I'm going to take a moment to echo this. I loved Dredmor, I love how open and involved you are with us, and really I just love your whole shtick. I plan on buying CE as soon as I possibly can and the same is likely to go for whatever your next project is.

As an irrelevant aside. What did you name your diggle plushie? Sir Digsworth? Lord Diggleton?

Sir Professor von Digglesworth III, Esq, MD, LLP, of course.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I just have two words: diggle plague .

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I will provide a photograph of a diggle engaged in mortal combat with a rust monster if it will get me beta.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Coward posted:

Am I missing something about the game's development so far?

I think this game needs neck ruffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

nvining posted:

Scheduling change:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/23/a-scheduling-change/

Pardon me while I steel myself for the inevitable backlash by drinking some whiskey.

But don't you realize that you owe us your incomplete buggy game? :v: You're going to make my pet diggle sad.

• Locked thread