Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

nvining posted:

I will say, as it's out there in the PC Gamer preview in the November issue, that one thing nobody is talking about is the transitive madness. Essentially, it boils down to this: suppose a mad architect makes a building. That building is a little mad because the architect made it, and therefore everybody who wanders through the building or interacts with it loses just a little bit more sanity as a result...

I assume madness then will be a hidden stat on citizens/buildings/whatevers, so that I can sow ruinous seeds and then pass them on like time bombs in Round Robin play.

Time bombs that explode into dead gods and ichor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

nvining posted:

Did you miss the poster? It's up at http://clockworkempires.com/

Your poster says 'Orphan'. Are there Orphans and Urchins?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

nvining posted:

Umm, so here's a stupid question for people to discuss and fight over: what do people *want* out of generational games?

A Holiday '12 release date :colbert:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

7c Nickel posted:

I think they said absolutely everything is transferred via universal pipes.

But, then...how do you transfer pipes?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Friday, July 18th means midnight the day of and not even a millisecond later right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

You took out psychedelic maphack mode. :/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

BobTheJanitor posted:

They prefer to just wander around moping about how they have to sleep on the floor, rather than produce any of the raw materials for the cots that they yearn for.

Ha, my people got you beat. They were too lazy to chop wood so they just decided to beat the system and slept anyways. Maybe if they had not spent extra wood on building a double-door this wouldn't have happened.

Also Uriah Steelsteamburn in the message box there is starving despite there being food because he is perpetually stuck trying to forage a cattle skull that is stuck half in a wall so he can't reach and just perpetually stands there facing the wrong direction and waving his arms madly at nothing. He dies shortly after the screenshot and another person comes to fulfill his place, now being both trapped and upset that they are near a corpse.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 23, 2014

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Volmarias posted:

Alternately, animals In buildings are immediately given a Job to exit that building.

Animals in buildings are immediately given a job working for that building.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The one true line of defense against the fish menace would obviously be land mines (that your people have an equal chance of walking over).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

K8.0 posted:

Just discovered that hungry people are in fact not even raising alarms while under attack when trying to eat.

Maslow says this is accurate.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I had a bandit ask to join my colony last night, but it was just a ruse because as I clicked to accept him he cleverly crashed my game. Bandits are crafty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

LonsomeSon posted:

The first time I did this, the bandit's former comrades chased her right up to my colony before finally killing her, then decided to raid the place since they were already there. It was also before this thread educated me on the purpose of the barracks, so I had assigned my existing NCO to it before demolishing it since it wasn't doing anything, making him a normal overseer. I lost at least three overseers and some non-zero number of chaff colonists, as well as half my supply of booze and copper bars.

Never again.

Ah I didn't get that far, basically just a 'failed to create citizen' error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
What determines if a building is invisible? Just a funky floor plan?

• Locked thread