Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Oh, you had me at "quad-core". :anime: Is this strictly build/Fortress mode only, and does not have an additional "adventurer" mode to explore your world? Also, is there going to be something going on with historical advancement in a generated world (abandon/reclaim, wars, historical figures, etc) or is each game going to be its own brand new generated everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
What's the moddability looking like for this game?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Neat. I can certainly see a large amount of the people from the DF crowd and the other wider simulation crowd picking up interest in this, especially given the fact that you guys have like five pages of interview coverage already up (which is kind of insane). Do you guys have any plans for long term support like, I dunno, DLC, new asset packs (sound/art/etc.), things like that?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

nvining posted:

Umm, so here's a stupid question for people to discuss and fight over: what do people *want* out of generational games?

:words:

If you're referring to the type of generational games that are intended to have spectators such as the very popular DF LPs, then I'd love to see a hell of a lot of "ease of use" things. Exportable event logs, UI-less screenshots bound to a hotkey, UI-included screenshots bound to a hotkey, an in-gameplay Legends viewer, all sorts of stuff!

If you're talking about the wilder and fuzzier world of generational games, people like being entertained as players and as spectators looking at this type of stuff saying, "I want to see what happens next." Nobody really 100% knows what's going to happen! As a player, you don't have direct control over your citizens, and there are all these processes working in the background that you'll never see. That obfuscation of the greater game world engenders that feeling of exploration and discovery.

Maybe that makes sense? That's the general feel I get from having read through a pretty big portion of those DF LPs both current and past here on SA, and elsewhere.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Now I can't wait for a Zybourne Clock total conversion mod for a game that isn't even out yet. Thanks!

• Locked thread