Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!
I'd like to see events that let you inflict negative things on your own town/fortress/etc forcing the npc's to handle things without the player being involved. The player would select the severity of the event, but wouldn't know which specific one was going to happen, so you can't abuse the system by preparing for that one thing.
Of course, a random widget of some sort would be awarded if the town/fort/cardboard box/zeppelin/whatever overcomes the problem.

Edit: \/ That's even closer to Dredmor's Statues of Inconsequentia than what I was thinking. It'd work really well in a game like this, too. I'd still like a basic "foul something up" button because of the whole risk vs. reward aspect of it.

HamSmoothie fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!
Please, please, please draw inspiration from Eternal Darkness' insanity effects for people playing this. Colonists shouldn't be the only ones doubting reality.

"Remember when I told you about those guys making a cult and meeting out in the middle of the forest? Well, after a few in-game weeks, I think some of the nearby bushes started bleeding and yodeling at random intervals. Weird thing is, I don't think any of the cultists noticed."

• Locked thread