Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Dear nvining: I am looking fowards to this. I tried DF a while ago, but the interface is like being punched in the dick while the game screams 'go gently caress yourself casual' with spittle on it's lips.

This looks awesome as hell and I look forward to playing the hell out of it.

I'm also prepared to send rather...risque photos of myself to work for you. Just one thing: Rose clenched between teeth, or rose held up to my face, as if partaking in it's delicate aroma? Zebra-skin rug guaranteed to be in said pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Rocketlex posted:

I want an alternate game mode that replaces all the humans with diggles. Run a diggle city populated entirely by diggles with tophats and coats.

If Gaslamp ever wants to make a million dollars, they can make this a facebook game. Diggletown!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Welp I've been sucked in by the word 'Steampunk' as I always am. Throw in Lovecraft and Dwarf Fortress and I think I may be in love.

That reminds me: Just how much Lovecraftian stuff will be in the game? Will it be the occasional thing, or will you be able to accidentally open the gates to a terrible plane, filled with creatures man was not meant to look on?

Or maybe not by any accident at all? :zoid:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Here's a very important question: Can you make a town full of villagers SO FAT, that ground pork is just piped directly into peoples mouth?

Or perhaps some sort of pork fountain.

edit: That makes me wonder: Will the villagers of your town reflect how it's doing in some way? For example: A town doing poorly will have villagers dressed in ragged clothes, etc.

edit 2: Or perhaps the other way around?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Now, you talk about lovecraft-style stuff.

Here's the question: Will there be giant horrors from beyond human imagining? Because having your village rally together to try to push back a gigantic lovecraftian horror sounds AWESOME.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

nvining posted:

This falls under the category of "things we are holding close to our chest until they become Awesome Surprises."

I see. Well than maybe you can just tell me this: Will there be monsters of quite large size?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, how do you sign up for closed beta thing?

edit: To put your name in the hat.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Where's the machine made up of giant gears that produces smaller gears, gaslamp?! :colbert:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wasn't dredmor like 15 bucks? 30 seems a bit steep for what is essentially a late alpha/super early beta.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

quick question: What do you think the tutorial is gonna be put in?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

nvining posted:

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What do I think the tutorial is going to be put in? Any of the following:

- Obleskian Storage Locker
- Canopic Jar
- Spice Racks

might be good.

If you are asking for *when*, there is a quick start guide available from the Steam Page as a PDF.

Whoops, didn't notice the mistake. So you're not going to put in a getting started thing? Or just a 'how to do basic stuff' bit in the game?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

nvining posted:

There will eventually be something? It's possible I might add an in-game help system that just echoes what is in the Getting Started Guide, for instance. Anyhow, we'll see.

Alrighty, I was just curious about that. Also within the first 5 minutes of my first game, three fishmen attacked my settlers, and were promptly shot to death. Some would say an ill boding on the future of this colony, I say it's fresh seafood that comes to you!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

How does that even work for you guys? Like do they convert the gems people auction for the game into money and give that to you or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, anyone have some advice on getting started? I'm wondering if doing the carpentry/kitchen first is the best way to go? Should I do the carpentry/flop house first? Had fish guys/monsters attack my settlers before the first day was over.

• Locked thread