Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delta534
Sep 2, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Speaking of crashing systems - I have to echo the hope that it's going to be as poor-people friendly as Dredmor is. I'm not a hardware nut, I completely lost track of what the hell processors do around the time Windows stopped being a terrible operating system, I don't know how I make my processors more core-y. Here's what I do know.

I've got a low-grade $400 laptop that I got from Local Office Conglomerate that can run pretty much any indie game that's come out in the past few years (except Binding of Isaac because who codes a vector-based game in Flash), but still can't handle stuff that's made to run on the consoles like your Assassin Effects and your Mass Creeds. Will I be able to get in on the beta or even the official release without my computer catching on fire? As it is arguably more important to me than several internal organs and definitively more important than the rest of them, I'd rather not lose it.

It might not be able to, I have a low-grade $450 laptop that can run Binding of Issac but will not be able to run CE. Deferred rendering tends to be slow on it, memory bound, and it is only a slow dual core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread