Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Whoever transcribed the interview misspelled "Gemclod".

But speaking of DF LPs, I'm glad you guys are drawing inspiration from them, because they are amazing and just thinking of Boatmurdered/Gemclod/Headshoots makes me want to fire up DF right now.

If anyone can deliver on this concept, it's Gaslamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
There's a fanmade patch for the Guild 2 that addresses many of the bugs. I'm pretty sure this is it.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Something must be wrong, when I try and connect to Steam to redeem my key, the page is in Finnish or something. Not that there's anything wrong with the Finnish language! I just can't read the directions.

Edit: Never mind, Chrome didn't give me the option to translate until just now for some reason.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Daynab posted:

Not at the moment, but there will be different biome embarks like Dwarf Fortress, so difficulty will probably vary where you do so.

I don't know if there will be anything else related to difficulty.

Will you be able to configure your starting supplies and skills? I'd love to see a high degree of customization on your starts so we can sit around and endlessly theory craft about what builds are most optimal or most "fun".

Edit: a word

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 9, 2014

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I wanted to come back to the game now that it's in early access, but for some reason my (steam) version still says "earliest access" and if I visit the game's store page, it doesn't say I own the game. Did I forget to do something? I assumed the changeover would be automatic.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
So how long until I can pump fishman slurry into my cog furnace?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I have a colonist with the job "eat cooked food" who will repeatedly pick up a bushel of cabbage, take it to a random location, set it down, and repeat for forever (so far).

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Building and module placement is definitely a lot smoother now. I was having a hard time enjoying the game while fighting with the old janky system but it's starting to feel more like a proper city builder! Kudos.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Yea the idea of conduits is what sold me the day they announced the game. Hopefully the system will be flexible enough to give us creative freedom when it comes to designing machines and contraptions, in the vain of DF or Factorio. I'm also excited to see round robin LPs where the overseer screws it up and pumps fishman slurry into their steel furnace.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

nvining posted:

Hype increases. Or pipe increases, or something.

Yeessss. Dynamics where what originally sold me on the game back when you announced it here. Can't wait to "accidentally" pump fishman slurry into my furnaces.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Congrats on making it to Beta! I really need to dive back in and see whats changed in the last few months.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty disappointed that dynamics didn't make it into release, but I imagine it must be a huge headache to implement well so I definitely understand. But congrats on 1.0! I think this game will only get better with time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

nvining posted:

Yeah, you're not the only one. There were a handful of things I wanted to get into 1.0 but it was either "polish what was there" or "add a new feature without polishing other things." We elected for the former, but I still have a list of things I want to get into the application.

That's (part of) what makes you guys a good studio. You know when to polish up what you have and ship it. You could have dragged the early access on for another two years like everyone else is doing these days, so kudos for that.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 27, 2016

• Locked thread