Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sounds too foreign, need to personalize it. How about Mr. Ausfisch's Native Education Centres? Proud importers of Mr. Ausfisch's Extra-Large Fish Filets from our factory in New Sogwood and Mrs. Ausfisch's Red Pemmican from our plant in New Caterham. Now serving the customer with 43% fewer disturbing revelations since implementing our policy of "make sure you get the drat finger bones out".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gnomoria can set up an automated restock system as well. I've read that it's been improved upon in the last couple of releases, but haven't played it for a while.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Soldiers carrying an object and there rifle will push their rifle through said object to fire it. Currently this has resulted in fishmen being menaced with fresh fruit.

"Oy, lad. 'ere's how you get them coconuts open. Spear it on your bayonet, pull the trigger, an' Bob's your uncle."

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

nvining posted:

The Canadian Parity Sale: "Pretend our currency is worth the same as the greenback - for which we apologize."

First thing I thought of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_PYnPVzykU&t=1m47s

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I mucked about with it when I was trying the game out (though I'm waiting for more content now). There appears to be a fairly large "snap distance" to the outside of the tile, which causes it to select the next tile. I agree that it's annoying and would like it changed, but you can work around it if you remember to only go to the inside quarter of the tile you want.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

In his defense, uncooked mushrooms are pretty horrible.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I was googling around to see if anyone had photoshopped one of the various [Pet]fancy magazine covers into a Beefancy magazine and found an early 1930s periodical about beekeeping, Beekeepers Item.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yay, new version. Boo, spawning in an area with tons of wandering fishpeople. Any chance we could have them avoid civilization for at least the first five minutes of play?

e: Also, some way of removing misplaced farms.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 19, 2015

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Pharnakes posted:

I see why you took this out, but I would love to see it return as a more fleshed out mechanic later. Cults should absolutely be run like a particularly drama prone high school clique, just with more quagaroth. Imagine if it was a viable option to just stir the drama pot and inspire all the cults too be too busy sabotaging each other to actually get down to the business of summoning. All the benefits of happy people in cults, and without having to get those heavy handed investigators trampling around your business. Just be absolutely sure you can balance things perfectly, or you will end up with multiple horrors running around. Still, maybe you could persuade them to fight each other too :v:

"Oh yeah? Well, my eldritch power from beyond time and space can beat up your eldritch power from beyond time and space!"

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

nvining posted:

Hey, what are some games that have placement tools for buildings/objects/whatever that people really like?

Evil Genius, as already noted. Gnomoria isn't bad, either.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Deadmeat5150 posted:

nvining could you tell me, perhaps, what is wrong in this image?

Pretty sure it's that there's no Waldo. Nor fishpeople. However, buckets of what appear to be hotdogs are available in abundance.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Please change to Noticeably Terrible and Unnoticeably Terrible.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Latency is usually high when one of the players is connecting to the internet via Invisible Geometries. Quaggoth has joined your game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Latest tech news: Gaslamp Games execs insure high satisfaction rating of their products by threatening families of bug report submitters, negative review writers.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Zaardvark posted:

There's a comment in the Steam Discussion forum where one guy mentions his solution to excessive Sleeping Due to Sadness was not to build beds. Although that particular behaviour has now been balanced, that's some pretty diabolical lateral thinking.

Truly a solution worthy of the modern colonial industrialist.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

With Dr. Hubert Cogwhistle's Revolving Wall Panels, one club can contain fixtures suitable for either an officer or a gentleman.

Warning: Revolving Panels may cause inadvertent dismemberment.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Alavaria posted:

FYI currently you can turn all the three foreign nations into allies.

How low has a colonial governor sunk when he must rely on the good graces of the cabbage-eaters?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is there a maximum workshop size beyond which the game crashes? I was making 14x14 farm plots bordered by 10x10 workshops, housing, and offices, but whenever I try making them 14x14, the game goes down.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

It was the lower-class housing. 12x12 worked fine and actually works out better for logistics anyway.

It also crashes on attempting to load once I've had things going for a few hours, both of the times I've attempted that. However, that's probably to be expected at this point in development.

The first of those two games was a DF-fun story. I'd gotten up to about 50 pop, but hadn't put up a metalworks yet and had just started training a second military squad equipped with weapons looted from bandits when I get the message that the French are attacking and here's some landmines to put in their path. I didn't have the faintest idea where they were coming from, so I just spread the mines around the town perimeter where I didn't have gabions up yet. No one places any of them in time, anyway. I get five or so messages about an enemy unit spawning and see a whole mess of floating rifles heading straight for my housing. My first military squad is quickly gunned down, along with everyone in the housing. Eventually, my second squad are the only survivors, because the browncoat leader turned and ran. The game offers me five new overseers to boost my population from 2 to 7 and they pretty much spend their time hauling corpses for the next few days.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Zaardvark posted:

This means time to completion is doubled for both buildings, which in turn means more time waiting and less time doing things. It would take the same amount of time to complete one, and then the other, and in that case, you'll be able to actually use the Carpentry in half the time.

Wait, is it possible to have more than one work crew constructing a given building? Or are you dumping all/most of your peons into the workcrew of the builder? Or something else?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Thyrork posted:

Madness? You will learn to adore our goddess, She Who Turns Gears, and the gentle hum of Her pipes and the soothing clanking of Her orphan brick production. It is, music, to my ears.

The damnable Highlanders got something right for once: the pipes, they are calling.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Orv posted:

I will not be satisfied until I can snoot something to death.

Definitely looking forward to repelling foreign armies with snooted building materials.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yes, you need a second workbench to work on multiple items. It won't stagger items (unless you put in a bunch of alternating single-item requests). Also, are the planks being claimed as you build them? It's possible you have the work order set to "have 5 in reserve" instead of "build only 5". It might also just be an issue of broken save compatibility; there's been a lot of changes in the last few updates.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Wipfmetz posted:

So, you _do_ love us!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Clearly, ringed flophouses should be built around obelisks, then the exterior ring doors removed. The people therein will then be Perfectly Safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

nvining posted:

line-of-sight calculations for shooting so that you can't shoot a fishperson through a house, although frankly I think we are the only ones who notice this)

I'd just assumed it was a feature of my shoddily-built shanties and that we were meant to only use gabions to repel gunfire.

• Locked thread