Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Reminder that the Greenlight Bundle is open for about eight more days, offering a handful of games up for voting at a low price (and promising Steam codes for anything that is successfully added).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
It's been pretty surprising how quickly stuff that shouldn't be on here is getting removed.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

XboxPants posted:

I don't think even Valve predicted how many people legitimately thought this would be a good avenue to sell pirated games.
Considering they said one of the problems with sorting through the submissions was that people would slap a new title screen on Call of Duty and submit it, I'd assume nothing about Greenlight is surprising to them.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

XboxPants posted:

Huh. I could have sworn we talked about that early on.
Yeah, it was covered, and I thought the conclusion reached was that it wasn't actually a port of the iOS version? I'm not certain, though.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Did they remove the percentages for games on Greenlight, or did they move it, or am I just missing it?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I like that one of their two images used for Dungeon Defenders on the list of their published games is that Sexy Huntress drawing that's always causing horrible arguments on the Steam thread

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Hero Academy, which is free on iOS with $1 or $2 add-on teams, is $5 on Steam, and the add-on teams are $5 as well. I don't think $3 or $5 is all that unreasonable, especially considering the game is going to be encouraged to go on deep discounts during the sales (which, I feel, is probably part of the reason why Hero Academy and its additional content is priced the way it is on Steam, honestly).

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
In an effort to boost their Greenlight entries, the developers of Oniken are giving away 1,000 copies of the game on Steamgifts, and they're promising on it to do their best to let people also register the game on Steam if they make it to that point.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
BasketBelle is pretty great, really. It's pretty short but anyone who picked up the (still running) Indie Royale should definitely give it a shot. Fun little indie puzzler thing that uses music really well. Yea from me.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Miasmata has the Greenlight banner. I wonder if it's just up to the developer whether or not that appears on there or what the deal is.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Nope, that definitely wasn't there before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Fotonica is also the current game on IndieGameStand for the next three and a half hours, if you want to pick it up at a pay-what-you-want price. They've promised Steam keys when it gets through, too.

• Locked thread