Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Here are some games you should rate up:

Slingshot Racing - Originally a super fun iOS game, the basic slingshot mechanic is so amazingly satisfying that I'd love to buy it again on PC.
McPixel - A cross between WarioWare and a point-and-click adventure game. Just watch the Giant Bomb Quick Look of it.
Paper Monsters - Absolutely beautiful-looking platformer by the creators of Cordy, one of the most polished games on iOS/Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

On one hand, the $100 is a pretty loving awful deal for small indie devs considering if their game doesn't make it, it's $100 gone.

On the other hand, the developers who are that small would never be able to get enough votes anyways :smith:

Man, Greenlight honestly just bums me the hell out. Makes me want to go install Desura or something and buy some smaller indie games. I mean, loving La Mulana still only has 1% of votes, even though if it actually came out on Steam I'm sure it'd sell just as well as the Cave Story remake that's already on there.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Palpek posted:

If any of you guys wondered how it is to trip on lsd, wonder no more.

TRIP

I have to be fair and say that they really pulled off the colors in this insane graphical scheme. I tip my hat for that - it's not your mspaint game with screeching random colors, this one is pretty well done if still a strain on the eyes.

However apparently there's no gameplay. You only wander around and can't even interact with anything. Too bad - it might have been our own Noby Noby Boy.

This is 100% the most interesting game on Greenlight, like a modern LSD (on the PS1). I hope this gets released though it will never hit Steam because gamers loving suck and I hate them.

Did Desura ever become a good Steam alternative for indies? I should install that and grab some stuff on it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Goes up to Lambda Core...so are they just pretending that Xen doesn't exist? I'm sure there are a number of people that could get behind that idea, but I have no idea how the game would end.

There's more on this in the Black Mesa thread, but basically they realized that large portions of Xen just weren't good enough, even if graphically improved, for a game released in 2012. They decided to go ahead and do a more comprehensive reimagining of the Xen levels, and since this would require much more development, they went ahead and released the rest of the game so that it wouldn't have to wait for Xen to be completed.

Whether or not they actually complete Xen, of course, remains to be seen, but they've shown great initiative for a mod team in just going ahead and releasing the first part.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TEC 3001 is the only Xbox Indie Game worth buying and it's incredible :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dominic White posted:

There's a new Knytt game that's just rolling out on PS3. I got my review copy in today but haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks like a blend of the original Knytt and Within A Deep Forest.

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqfRy9f2XQE

I mean, you literally transform between a Knytt monkey-creature and the ball from WADF at will.

That's the one that's on Greenlight :v:

Hopefully, it will get a PC release regardless of if it makes it on Steam or not. I still have yet to play NightSky or Saira, though.

I don't know. I loved Knytt way back when, but since then there's been so many goddamn charming puzzle and "light gameplay" (Limbo, Fez) platformers that, well, they're no longer so charming. Still, I'd probably pick up Knytt Underground if it comes out - I feel like Nifflas eventually will be able to make a smash hit like Hotline Miami if he keeps making games.

e: also, am I crazy for hoping that Noctis V will show up on Greenlight someday :smith:

• Locked thread