Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Could I get an invite please :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/backno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Male Man posted:

Just dual-boot, you turkey.

Borderlands is what finally convinced me to move my Windows 7 install from a VM to Bootcamp. Do it, it's worth the minimal amount of hassle.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Pssh, I think I know how I would play zero.

He left his sword at home.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

CommanderApaul posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

I'm actually looking forward to trying a pure melee build on Zer0. You can stack a wacky amount of damage buffs for melee attacks, and I wanna be an invisible pinball with Execute and Many Must Fall.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

edit: Sorry I've sold this copy.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 15, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The big question: Will the loot be instanced?

This made playing Diablo 3 with others actually enjoyable for me, it'd be a shame if this game didn't do something like that and it was just a mad dash for loot if you played with pubbies.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Can I also :bandwagon: and get an invite please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Goonzilla

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Filthy Monkey posted:

Pssh, I think I know how I would play zero.

He left his sword at home.

Yeah, Critical Ascension looks to be the best T6 skill, and that combined with the really varied sniper rifles we've seen so far and At One with the Gun could make for some crazy close range action as well. It's a good thing repecs are cheap, I'm probably going to be doing it a lot.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up for anyone wanting that deal from Green Man Gaming.

:havlat: Today is the last day to get the game for $36 with the code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G. It will expire Monday morning at 7 AM EST. :havlat:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Male Man posted:

If you're really worried about it, remember that you'll probably be able to pick up the DLC for less than the season pass cost if you can hold onto your wallet until the next Steam sale.

Do we know anything about the DLC? I only want to buy the season pass if I think the DLC would be worth it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

:havlat: Today is the last day to get the game for $36 with the code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G. It will expire Monday morning at 7 AM EST. :havlat:

Note: GMG has 25% vouchers all the drat time, so if you decide to wait, it probably won't be long before another one pops up.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 10, 2012

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Genocyber posted:

Do we know anything about the DLC? I only want to buy the season pass if I think the DLC would be worth it.

Step 1: Think about how much more awesome than the base game the BL1 DLCs were (discount Moxxi, the season pass is all Campaign/Story DLC).
Step 2: Think how awesome BL2 looks to be.
Step 3: Buy the drat season pass. :black101:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Genocyber posted:

What about the new class DLC that is available to all who pre-order? It says "Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available" on the page. Could that mean it will be the first DLC, or something completely separate? Sorry if this has been answered before.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The Season pass has been confirmed to be all Story/Campaign DLC where you get new quests meet new characters and go to new areas. So Mechromancer is seperate from that.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Yea, given how most of the dlc turned out for 1, I can't imagine it not being worth $7.50 a piece for these. Considering I was able to get in on a 4 pack, this seems like a perfect way to spend the saved cash.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe

They said at the PAX Gearbox panel that Knoxx was their benchmark for all the future DLC but that they didn't have anything set in stone as of yet. Mike Neumann put out a suggestion to the crowd of "Scooter's Scooter Racing - With Scooter!" that got an overwhelmingly positive response and an embarrassed Randy Pitchford hung his head and said that he guessed he'd have to go with 4 DLCs + Scooter Racing.

They also gave free season passes to everyone in attendance that made waiting in line for 90 minutes worth it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Alright so I'm trying to design a build for salvador wherein he gets real mad, whips out two shotguns, and blasts them at enemies point blank, running from one to the next.

Can you guys think of anything that might work better? Perhaps more points towards survivability since I need to get real close?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
gently caress I booked a day off to play this with a friend and I forgot I moved to the uk six years ago :downs:

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

CoolCab posted:

gently caress I booked a day off to play this with a friend and I forgot I moved to the uk six years ago :downs:
Welcome to the wonderful world of early VPN unlocking.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Redjakk posted:

They said at the PAX Gearbox panel that Knoxx was their benchmark for all the future DLC but that they didn't have anything set in stone as of yet. Mike Neumann put out a suggestion to the crowd of "Scooter's Scooter Racing - With Scooter!" that got an overwhelmingly positive response and an embarrassed Randy Pitchford hung his head and said that he guessed he'd have to go with 4 DLCs + Scooter Racing.

They also gave free season passes to everyone in attendance that made waiting in line for 90 minutes worth it.

The only way that Scooter's Scooter Racing should work is if Scooter asked you vandalise them show-off so-and-so's well before the race by destroyin' their custom made jalopies considerin' they're made from stolen parts'a his and all. You then steal back select parts from each racer and enter the race yourself in a Scooter that Scooter has made, which is a 20ft tall monster with six engines, a pushbike bell and a little basket.

You then crush all the other racers as they curse your name and get a shotgun that fires nuts and bolts out of a supercharger.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Would a UK goon be willing to gift me the season pass? I'll paypal you the funds for it.

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

I am leaking dangerous cargo.

DarkstarIV posted:

This code still worked for me as of 4:30pm est. Monday.

Hrm... GMG says the Steam activation key will be sent out on day of release. I wonder if it will still count as a pre-purchase on Steam and qualify for the DLC bonuses.

Starhawk fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 10, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Starhawk posted:

Hrm... GMG says the Steam activation key will be sent out on day of release. I wonder if it will still count as a pre-purchase on Steam and qualify for the DLC bonuses.

Yeah they decided to extend the coupon's use until September 17th.

e: But I wasnt about to bump the thread when no one had posted in it since I posted that notice.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Yea I'm curious when I'll get the code from GMG so I can preload the game on Steam.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Starhawk posted:

I came here wondering the same thing in regards to GMG. Saving :10bux: might not be worth it if it means having to buy the new class when that's released...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Humerus posted:

I came here wondering the same thing in regards to GMG. Saving :10bux: might not be worth it if it means having to buy the new class when that's released...

If you check out the GMG store page they confirm you get the preorder bonuses including the class. Don't you worry!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Profanity posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of early VPN unlocking.

Just as a heads up and warning, the steam TOS was changed recently to forbid this. Do take care if you go ahead and use a VPN. Would hate to see goons get their accounts banned.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Innerguard posted:

Just as a heads up and warning, the steam TOS was changed recently to forbid this. Do take care if you go ahead and use a VPN. Would hate to see goons get their accounts banned.
Do you have any further information about this? As far as I'm aware they've always had a catch-all in their TOS forbidding VPNs, but they only punish for buying games cheaper internationally, not unlocking early.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'd also much appreciate an invitation, please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadeedge

I think pre-build calculator I was going with Zer0, but after playing around with them all Axton looks very tempting. I can't say no to turrets.

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

Eonwe posted:

If you check out the GMG store page they confirm you get the preorder bonuses including the class. Don't you worry!

Good to hear. Thanks for reading harder than I did, something about that website makes me want to avert my eyes.

While I'm here, could I get an invite to the steam group?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arsstarhawk

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Revenant Threshold posted:

I'd also much appreciate an invitation, please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadeedge

I think pre-build calculator I was going with Zer0, but after playing around with them all Axton looks very tempting. I can't say no to turrets.

Nuclear turrets.

Oh, and while I'm reminded, someone mind adding me to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056768784

Zylen
Mar 25, 2005

The third time, the exception becomes the rule

AirRaid posted:

:siren:If you want an invite to the Bordergoons Steam group, join the chat and ask for an invite. Don't post endless invite requests.:siren:

Starhawk
Mar 28, 2003

That's what I get for mindlessly following the herd :argh:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Just got my super huge trunk that I spent too much money I don't have on paid off. Super excited for this.

Would also like an invite, please!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Catsworth

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hah, took me like a full minute of idling in the steam group chat until someone did a drive-by invite. :) (My Steam username's Palantyre.)

I'm pretty sure I'll go with Axton first. I have this habit in any games that have character classes of always picking the most "Regular Joe Soldier" type first. Thus I picked Roland as my first guy in BL1, and since Axton is basically Roland 2.0 there's a nice sense of continuity.

Also, goddamnit why must the international release be three days later, I'm gonna lose my goddamn mind between the 18th and the 21th.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Profanity posted:

Do you have any further information about this? As far as I'm aware they've always had a catch-all in their TOS forbidding VPNs, but they only punish for buying games cheaper internationally, not unlocking early.

Steam Subscriber Agreement posted:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

I think that bit covers it, but I'm not sure how harshly it is enforced. Anyway, back to Borderlands-related stuff.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Innerguard posted:

I think that bit covers it, but I'm not sure how harshly it is enforced. Anyway, back to Borderlands-related stuff.

Back when Saint's Row 3 came out there were a poo poo ton of people (goons) who unlocked it early and we never heard of any blowback. I think that they would pay alot more attention to pricing than just early unlocks, but even pricing would be something where maybe they'd only really come down on someone who abused pricing to buy a ton of gift copies and then sent them out to a bunch of people, like they were buying wholesale and reselling or something.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
Anyone know yet if having a Borderlands 1 save will affect the game? If so does anyone have a Borderlands 1 save that has completions on it? I've lost my BL saves so many times and I'm not sure I can bring myself to play through the entire thing again...

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

sicarius posted:

Anyone know yet if having a Borderlands 1 save will affect the game? If so does anyone have a Borderlands 1 save that has completions on it? I've lost my BL saves so many times and I'm not sure I can bring myself to play through the entire thing again...

I haven't heard anything about it, and I really doubt they will because you didn't really have any choices in BL1 besides what kind of gun you used to kill a million dudes.

e: vvv I stand corrected, and I want sledge's mask

padijun fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 11, 2012

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

sicarius posted:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725685/borderlands-2-vault-veteran-rewards-come-from-old-save-files/

It looks like the only benefits will be skins available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

sicarius posted:

Yes, you get some stuff! And you can find save files with some googling. Default directory is C:/Documents/My Games/Borderlands/savedata

Delaio fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 11, 2012

• Locked thread