Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The Siren was just way too much fun in the original. I couldn't play any other class after trying out the Siren for the first time.

Also, the Soldier turret was kind of average in the original, because of this I rarely deployed the thing after the first playthrough. Judging from the trailer, it looks like they've beefed the thing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

thebushcommander posted:

So I ordered from GMG last week, but was wondering when they would send the key? For instance, I don't want to get the key on release day and then have to download the entire game then. I'm sure they're going to allow pre-loading so people can play the second it's released, and I'd like that option too :(

This is what I'm wondering too. When does GMG usually send out keys for pre-orders?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Genocyber posted:

Do we know anything about the DLC? I only want to buy the season pass if I think the DLC would be worth it.

What about the new class DLC that is available to all who pre-order? It says "Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available" on the page. Could that mean it will be the first DLC, or something completely separate? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Pre-load complete!

Oh, I can't play it yet. :negative:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Oh man, the guns are so satisfying to shoot in this game, especially the revolvers. It really is the first game wrapped in a tighter and more pretty package. I definitely see myself putting in a few hundred hours into this game, just like the first.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
So the official colors(in order) are:

White
Green
Blue
Purple
Orange

Where does that violet color come from? I don't think I've seen one of those guns yet.

What about the Pearl color from the General Knoxx DLC, is it no longer in the game?

vv Ah, that's cool. Thanks.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 19, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Just got my first orange: a shotgun that throws itself like a grenade when you reload, but instead of the usual randomness of where it goes, it actually tracks and follows npcs and explodes on impact.

GOTY

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Holy poo poo, that damage!

I'm so glad rocket launchers and grenades are actually good in the sequel.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
So apparently the 2nd playthrough is called "Vault Hunter Mode". I haven't played it yet, but is it any different then the original Borderlands 2nd playthrough? Maybe they just wanted to give it a cooler name.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

StabMasterArson posted:

Jeez. I'll be waiting until the ending's on Youtube, then. I can't bring myself to go back into that shithole, with it's bad enemies, awful 'humour' and crummy graphics

:negative:

Woah, it sounds like you just don't like the series at all. Why even force yourself through the game if you weren't having a good time?

The ending is a bit better than the original, it kind of has a hint to where the series could go, which I thought was pretty cool.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Monster w21 Faces posted:

No, they literally used aspects of his Star Wars posters.

Oh, I didn't see that before. I was going to say they look kind of similar and it was just a coincidence, but that zig-zag is painfully similar.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

The stuff of nightmares.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Haha, an entire quest dedicated to Top Gun references? This game can't possibly get any better.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

The Gasmask posted:

How many levels are their to the various goliaths? Max I've done is four since by that time they've killed everything and are near death.

I've only gotten 2 levels so far. Generally, I bring the normal Goliath down to about 30% to make him level up once, but after that I can't seem to get him to level up again.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Aren't Goliath level-ups based on the number of enemies they kill? So you have to let them kill all the other baddies first, and then possibly train them to another group to get them all the way to God level.

Tufty posted:

Yeah, damaging doesn't level them. If you mean making them change from a Goliath into a Raging Goliath then you don't need to wound them - just shoot off their helmets and expose their freakishly small heads. They get so mad at you their skull and spine pops out of their mouth. Then you need to kite them into other enemies and let it murder them. Takes about 10 kills to go to max level. I'd advise you take out any elemental damage enemies, and try to weaken all enemies you want him to kill as much as you can. And don't have a spike or nova shield equipped :)

Ah, thank you for the information. I knew there was something other than shooting them to a critical level.

There's even an achievement you can get for getting to level 4, which should be pretty easy.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm always slow to these kinds of things, but apparently I can get PhysX to work on my AMD 6970?

From what I've heard, it just puts the calculation load on your CPU since you don't have a nVidia card. Although, I'm definitely the wrong person to talk about the tech of this.

Looks pretty cool, but tanks your FPS like you would expect.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
How do you give Clap a high five? I've been standing there for a solid minute trying to figure it out. I can't be that stupid, can I? :psyduck:

vv Duh, of course that's what it is. Thanks.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

graybook posted:

I think what I'm not liking are a lot of the timed quests. I still don't have Zed's timed Highlands quest complete because the way I ran it the first time, it seemed more or less impossible to reach all the mailboxes. @_@

Yea, I think this one is designed for co-op. I'll have to give it another try with friends. Or just be really fast.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

washow posted:

Also that rocket launcher doing 6k damage :laffo:

Oh, yea. Rocket launchers get pretty insane.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Don't forget, if you place a car somewhere you can teleport to it from a vehicle station.

Yep, that would definitely help.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Thievery posted:

I just got a pistol with the red text "Would I lie to you?" from helping a robot out. It says it does 105x1 damage, when it actually fires a tight, shotgun like burst, and also says it does +3000% damage. I don't know if it's true, but I shot a robot with it and it did 10K which was very, very good, considering i'm level 27 and the best i've got is a sniper rifle that, with crit +damage modifiers only does about 3-5K.

I finished my first playthrough with pretty much only that gun. It melted everything.

There's an unfinished red text explanation on the wiki for it:
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Bordelands_2

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

J posted:

Finished my first playthrough - maybe I was just really unlucky with loot, but it felt like the enemy damage/difficulty scaled way up in the last 20% or so of the game, to the point where it wasn't much fun anymore. I was playing Salvatore with the zerking oriented tree as my spec and I felt like I instantly died anytime I didn't have gunzerking active. Which, to be fair, I had it active most of the time but I was still dying far more frequently than I ever did before, even with it on.

Does the 2nd playthrough continue along that line, ie enemies doing poo poo loads of damage? I picked Salvatore because I didn't want to sit back sniping things off 1 by 1 all the time out of necessity, but I feel like it's only going to get more like that gameplay-wise. I like getting close and blasting poo poo with shotguns :(

The second playthrough is definitely harder. It was the first time I actually had to grab some goon bros to help me get passed a certain point.

The game still is based on the kind of guns you have, so make sure you have a good variety(especially a good caustic weapon). I just picked up a sick sniper rifle and am murdering everything.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

about how much does it take to get an orange from the slot machine? I have dumped in like 30k, and its all garbage. :(

I've blown over 100k easily and still haven't got one from slots.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Attention Horse posted:

Wait wait wait, what? Are you serious? This game :psyduck:

Yep. I had this happen to me on my first playthrough. On my second, I actually killed the constructor and had a little bit of a :psyduck: moment before I figured out what actually happened.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I think you just have to take too much time.

Yea, I died like 6 times because I didn't have a good weapon at the time and have never dealt with a Constructor before so Roland just kind of got carried off to the prison.

Kris xK posted:

For example while you're trying to infiltrate the docks, mordeci tells you to cripple some bots. On second playthrough, I completely overleveled and was just one shoting them, so I wasn't able to cripple. Eventually, Jack comes on the radio, tells you that you suck, and opens the gates.

Holy poo poo, that is amazing. I wonder how many more like that there are.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

TacticalGranny posted:

Am I the only one that's anxiously watching Randy Pitchford's twitter feed for a 5 key code? :3

Nope, I am as well. I missed all the previous 5 key codes so I'm hoping to get at least 1.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

ExCruceLeo posted:

Was playing last night and when I went to quick travel my PC rebooted. Came back to a corrupted character file (lvl 25ish Axton). When it asked me to delete I tried to select no but of course the selection screwed up and it picked yes :(.

There sure are a lot of talks about save corruption. Do you have Steam Cloud enabled? I hear that has been causing the most of the issues.

I'm going to back up my files just in case though.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Whoa, I never even noticed that on my playthrough.

Jack is a vault. :aaa:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I see your mediocre oranges and raise you this:

Hey, Buffalo wielding buddy. I have the level 43 version of it:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Does anyone else get shitloads of pistol chests?

I also notice more pistol chests than anything else. On top of that, when I do actually get rifles/shotguns/snipers there are only 2 in the chests, while pistols almost always come in 4. It's something I wish they would have fixed from the prequel.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Yodzilla posted:

So I got a change to play as some other classes and goddamn it's loving ridiculous how much better the Siren is than everyone else. I mean yeah I guess it's lore friendly that she's powerful (not that anyone cares about that) but the fact that by the early 20s I can stasis lock an enemy while giving health to my entire team as well as giving more health on enemy death while also rapid firing + more damage during stasis and passively regenerating health at all times is insane. Add on top that of that the ability to remotely revive a comrade and it's just insane how great her skill set is.

Commando seems okay I guess but weaker than it was in Borderlands 1 and Assassin I just have no idea what to do with. When the poo poo gets crazy his skills just do not really help all that much in the slightest.

I just have to wonder how other classes handle the big guys. As a siren, you just throw your Scorn ball and pick up any big dude with Phaselock, then headshot them to death before your lock even ends. How do you guys handle the badass shield wielding dudes on other classes when you're playing by yourself?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Attention Horse posted:

Someone finally evolved a Varkid to its ultimate form.

Whoa, that's crazy looking. And here I thought I'd seen everything in the game.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I give up on farming the Warrior. He's just never going to drop an orange for me. :smith:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Consider the alternative: He already dropped a few, into the lava. And you may never know.

Yea, he really does spit his loot all over the place. I sometimes had to circle the area twice just to pick everything up. I don't want to think of the possibility that some really nice rare orange sniper rifle is floating at the bottom of the lava pool.

Speaking of loot though, I kind of wish they would do something with the way looting eridium works. It would be nice if you could pick it up automatically like money. The Warrior really drops a lot of eridium.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Doesn't Seraph mean "the burning one" or something like that?

I'm going to guess rare orange(dark orange) will make a return in the DLC.

VVV :drat: That's one damaging rocket launcher.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 6, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Evil Fluffy posted:

So has anyone gotten The Bee to drop lately? Farmed it for probably 30-45 minutes in co-op and have been going another 30 minutes solo and we've have 0 drops despite the full run taking maybe a minute tops.:cry:

I got it 2 days ago. Took me about ~25 Helmquest kills which didn't take long at all.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Just grabbed the season pass off of Greenman for $24. I played the hell out of this game when it first came out, but I've been off of it since then. Could someone explain how levels work in the DLC? Are there set levels until you hit your 2nd playthrough, or is it scaled right off the bat?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Whoa, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is no joke. I haven't played since vanilla, but I have some pretty good weapons and The Bee, so I was expecting to roll through the playthorugh. Man, this mode is the real deal. How do people do this mode without The Bee? Stuff just takes ages to die without that crazy amp damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
This is like my 4th time trying out UVHM and I think it will be my last. I have no idea whether I'm just missing some weird way of playing it(Yes, I am slagging everything in sight), or it really is a long slog that requires a full minute to kill a signal enemy. I've put like 150 hours into the first game and I never once remember being frustrated by trying to complete a single quest.

Keep in mind, I'm coming from a level 50 Maya that has full legendaries and The Bee shield. I gave it until almost level 54 before I decided to call it quits this time. A lot of people say to wait a bit more, but this is just too frustrating to go through. I really like this series for the sole purpose of being incredibly fun. Picking up giant guns and blowing bad dudes up while not really being worried about having a specific build or item to complete basic quests is the main reason I loved the first game. UVHM feel like they added a bunch of artificial difficulty for a small minority of players that are obsessed with min/maxing stats and builds.

I think I'm going to try just hitting level 50 and not bothering going into UVHM. For those of you that have gone this route, how did it turn out?

• Locked thread