Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So where's a good place to farm Badasses (Or others?) for heads? I've found a grand total of 1 so far and it was from a lucky drop off some BA Marauder in the Shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also the only oranges I've seen are a shield that shoots corrosive homing spikes, and the bee shield(which is ridiculous)

The Bee and Conference Call on Salvador is seriously the most amazingly broken thing ever right now. Like you can go to any boss, virtually any at all and that sucker's going to die within a few seconds.

So far my only Orange weapon so far came from lucking out with Moxxi's slot machines, some sniper rifle with red Man Killer text.

Also speaking of Goliaths, two corrosive Goliaths fighting is hilarious, they just stand there and vomit on each other, for eternity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

PageMaster posted:

Can anyone confirm that (end boss spoiler) the Warrior drops the Conference Call shotgun? I've been trying to find one and both of my gold drops so far have been Volcano sniper rifles.

He does indeed, but get ready to cry when that sucker flies off into the out of bounds lava.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

1: They seriously need more uses for Eridium. Make engaging Terra cost like 30 Eridium per time or something or better yet, let you buy gold keys for high amounts or something.

2: drat the slot machines forever. I've gotten Triple Eridium like 10 times, Vaults 2 times and Moxxi Legs a good few times, but I've still never seen a single Marcus roll.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Aphasian posted:

Is there a picture chart of all the heads and skins and how/where to get them? I'm finding piecemeal lists all over the place, but actually seeing at least just the heads would be awesome.

Here's all the heads (Minus the LE - Minecraft - Vault Vet - Handsome Jack) but yeah, they're still working out another with the info on how to get them. A good couple are just random Badass drops I know.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

:stare: I must have that gunzerker one third from left.

That one's a random Badass drop, so good luck, I'm still hoping it'll drop for me one of these days.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

There is a comic book someone made of Tiny Tina raping and torturing Lilith and Maya. Yep.

Sadly I've seen that, why does this exist. :gonk:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Until I get the top-hat one, obviously.

I'm pretty sure that one drops from Henry, so at least you have a specific on what to farm up. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There is only One True Vehicle, and it's a catapult technical with True Turquoise.

While I applaud your superb taste in vehicles, my Roadkill technical would have to disagree with your choice of paint. :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I'd love to pair the 6th from the left with a pink skin and troll some pub games. DESU DESU KAWAII TEE HEE

If you want to be a Kawaii Killer (That's the actual name for it) then you better get to farming Vermi.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Vinestalk posted:

For the curious Zer0s out there...

Default, Statuesque mission in Opportunity, Geary in Eridium Blight (Do this on PT1), Default?, Terramorphous, Default, Vermivorous, Default, Random Badasses, To Pay The Bills Rank 5, In Memoriam mission in Three Horns/Sanctuary, Henry, BNK-3R

That 4th one is Flight Helmet, it comes from killing Midge-Mong, or whichever mission that is in the first town that gives you a head. Also the 9th going from left is a default.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 3, 2012

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Vinestalk posted:

M0t0cr0ss Marauder is definitely not a default one. The one preceding it on the left (Gh0st) is a default one. You're probably right about Blast Shield, though.

There we go, Blast Shield, I thought I was messing that name up. Though huh, I thought I had that one that looks like it has a cap on from the start, though admittedly I've only played a little Zero so I'm probably misremembering.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CitrusFrog posted:

"Hyperion recommends taking several deep breaths before swearing vengeance on whatever killed you."

"Hyperion hopes that your New-U will help you take revenge on whomever may have killed you, unless that person was Hyperion personnel."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Those two and the Bandit Warpaint are my favorite. For a long while I was warpaint with the Tannis head, pretending I was Tannis after possibly having gone completely bananas and becoming a bandit lord of Pandora... or something like that.

Dahl Elite combined with Axton's Vault Vet helmet looks really good, gives off this kind of desert spec-ops look.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So is Laser Sight actually worth taking if I wanna play *Relax while the turret does all the work* Axton? I've heard reports ranging from it doing absolutely nothing, to it just adding a :krad: laser to the turret, to making it crit on near every shot when maxed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TShields posted:

The latest Zero Punctuation is up, and Yahtzee isn't a fan of Borderlands 2. I usually enjoy his reviews, but it's pretty apparent he doesn't "get" the game. All I could think was "wrong, wrong, wrong" the whole time. It's so bad I'm not even going to link it. (okay, so that's mainly because I'm on my phone..)

Like a minute in and it's already stupid.

"The 4 new vault hunters who are totally different from the first 4, but not in any practical sense." Yeah totally guy, they didn't change up the classes at all. :rolleyes:

"Gearbox is trying to dress up the sequel as being bigger and better, with it being neither of those things." For sure, drat them for just putting some new (But not really new!) characters in the same game, with the same missions, with nothing new or entertaining added, oh wait, they didn't do that.

"Why can't I track more than one quest at once, maybe I'd like to do a couple in the same general area at once." Then maybe you should work on your memory or god forbid, open the mission menu and take a look if you've forgotten.

"Did I mention that the vehicles in Borderlands handle like rear end, because they do." That's just annoying, because if anything the vehicles are almost too responsive at times, which is a good thing once you actually drive around in them for more than 5 minutes and learn how they handle.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 3, 2012

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

pbpancho posted:

New SHiFT code, goes live at 12PM central for 2hrs: KJK33-XFZ6H-F3BBT-3BBJJ-WTXR6

It's nearly 1 Central and it's not seeming to work for me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zakmonster posted:

Yahtzee isn't a game reviewer.

That's problem #1, problem #2 is that despite #1, lots of people treat his word like he's an actual reviewer, so they just parrot his stupid opinions non-stop.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

This was one tiny bounce away from flying off the edge into oblivion just now. :byodood:

(It's that Mordecai-ish full face mask)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sylphosaurus posted:

Look, I'm probably horribly behind the curve here but what is this TVHM that you all are talking about?

True Vault Hunter Mode

It's pretty much NG+

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Zephro posted:

I think I want to play Axton, but I have bad memories of Roland in BL1 being kinda bad, in that you spent a load of skill points on a turret that sucked, and your own DPS wasn't exactly stellar either.

Can anyone who's levelled him a bit comment? Is he better this time around, or should I just go for Maya?

Axton can straight up go do something else while his turret hails everything down if you put points into the right skills. He's pretty dang fun.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Does anyone know if the turret laser skill is worth taking? I usually put one point in it because it looks cool, but it's kind of hard to gauge the benefits.

Asked the same question a little bit back then played around with it myself, Laser seems to give it better range and it starts to crit a lot more often.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Most of the grenade AR's I find are pretty much just vendor trash for one reason or another, but I got a really nice blue, shock grenade AR from finishing Fink's Slaughterhouse. The only problem is it doesn't work like every other I've seen, it shoots waaay above the mark in a sort of arc. So you end up drat near staring at the ground if you want those shots to hit anyone in front of you, then just varying degrees of looking at dirt if they're far off.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Delacroix posted:

The Hail seems so impractical I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a joke because if it shot at a less crazy arc, it would be fairly decent.

I know right? When I can hit people with it, it does a number on them, but that's again counting on the idea that I'll hit these people with anything more than maybe 1/4 of my capacity.

Also the talking AI shotgun is beautiful, but it makes me a little sad that it's so crummy for me. By the time I finished the quest it got to being a good few levels below me, but I don't have the heart to bank the guy.

BRAKA-

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Solumin posted:

With all the new players that have popped in the thread, I figured I should post this. Get some golden keys!

Oh sweet thanks! Also I figured since there's a whole bunch of DLC now, even with all the 99c marked out, I'd ask which are worth getting first? Unfortunately I got the game wayyyyy back before there was any nice GOTY bundle and I've only just jumped back into it after ages of not playing. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

How about the Headhunter stuff, some of those sound pretty neat. And with the characters yeah, the only bit of DLC I do actually have is Krieg, who's been a good time so far going down the "Holy poo poo I'm on fire :supaburn:" tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dang, sucks a little that Bloody Harvest is so eh. The Halloween expansion thing for the first game was exactly what I was thinking of when I saw it too.

• Locked thread