Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vivecc/

Need 3 goons to add up to play co op in 12 mothafuckin minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Are there any editors out yet or is it gonna be a while?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Has anyone found a way to change your character's class yet? Salvadore blows :smith:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Awesome, this will make the decision about when to open that thing a lot easier. Will this enable you to open the chest multiple times in a single playthrough?
I don't know if anyone answered this but the chest just respawns so you can farm it all day if you want.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I'm suprised you can still gently caress with the ini settings and have it propagate across other clients. How the gently caress was that not #1 or on their list at all to fix? It happened even on consoles.

Straight up never playing on public games.
is there anything you can gently caress with that actually changes anything on other clients? I've only seen that DLC stuff

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

In BL1 you could edit tons of INI poo poo and it would change the INIs of clients (I don't remember if peers were affected). I'm drawing a blank on what could be changed other than backpack size and ammo count.
well I mean in borderlands 2.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Salvadore is also really annoying to play because if you don't have ammo regen chances are you're going to be out of ammo very quickly

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

For gunzerkers: When did ammo regen class mods start showing up for you? Duel wielding pretty much guarantees both of my guns are out of ammo by the end of it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Is anyone else getting a big white line that I'm almost 100% sure is part of the actual game at the very bottom of the screen? Almost like a border?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Also if you get a class mod and it has +2 to a skill you don't have any points in, does it work?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Redjakk posted:

Does Axton ever get an Ammo Regen class mod or is that type Salvador only?

Ammo Regen mods were the only way for me to go with Roland in the previous game.

I'm level 15 and I still haven't seen Ammo Regen for salvadore.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

This is the White border at the bottom I'm talking about, I have no idea what this thing even is and how it got there.

e: hosed up the link, this is it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97825018

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 21, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Is there any way to get that trainer for this without spending 40 bux?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98349136

Seriously does anyone know why this white line at the bottom shows up? It only shows up at 1680x1050(my resolution) and a few others I tried, but I have no idea what's causing it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Sorry if this has already been talked about but is Gibbed working on an editor? He always releases some good editing poo poo when he does work on it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Is there any way to get the game to scale difficulty normal according to the number of players but always act as if there's 4 players loot wise?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

gibbed posted:

So I braved the volcano jumping puzzles in the Eridium Blight, only to be rewarded with a single chest. :argh:

To clarify, you need to actually vaguely target his hand or it won't hit.
"As Jack is my witness, you'll die!" (might not be exactly right) :v:
The whole reward for that puzzle is a purple skin/head

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

gibbed posted:

The person playing with me when we did that did find a purple Siren skin (neither of us were Siren) from a smashable loot pile I think about halfway into the gauntlet, but nothing else other than the chest. Unless we missed something. Does it respawn?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does. I got a sick dark purple/black skin for my gunzerker called midget ninja.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Does the main quest take you to arid nexus? I want one of them bee shields

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Where is hunter helquist? I checked out that building next to the slag pit but there's nothing there. I just got into Arid Nexus.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

gibbed posted:

Boneyard. It's the tower you see right out from the vending machines / teleporter / CAR. You'll need to do Mordecai's 'This Just In' quest before you can access the elevator.

Does that quest open up after you do the first one for mordecai?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Frocious posted:

Speaking of Hunter Hellquist, what is the best way to go about farming The Bee? Do I need to turn in "This Just In" first, or what? Following an earlier suggestion, I ran up and killed him, saw he didn't drop the shield, then left the game. After making a new one I went up there, heard his "OH CRAP IT'S YOU!" or whatever line, but he wasn't there.

Edit: Yeah, turning the quest in gets him to respawn.

Where did you pick up the quest?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Welp I just talked to mordecai and he had This Just In, as one of the quests available but I turned in the quest I had completed and now he's not offering it. ???

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Welp I just talked to mordecai and he had This Just In, as one of the quests available but I turned in the quest I had completed and now he's not offering it. ???

Has anyone ever had this? I've saved and quit my game multiple times but mordecai simply won't offer the quest, even though I saw it as available when I went to turn in the quest before Talon of God

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Are there any decent trainers outside of Game Copy World? I can activate it but none of the keys actually do anything.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So.. I just killed the warrior but he fell right on the console so I can't progress the mission... wtf do I do?

nvm a save and quit fixed it.

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 28, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Honestly just cheat your keys and open up the chest a few times when you feel your weapons are poo poo. The chest is pretty much guaranteed to have good stuff in it most of the time

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Also the only oranges I've seen are a shield that shoots corrosive homing spikes, and the bee shield(which is ridiculous)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

gibbed posted:

So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05
GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifier: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00! :allears:

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.
Since you know a lot more about this kind of stuff than I do, is there any way to change or modify the drop chances of poo poo? Like would there be a way to make everything drop be purple or be orange? Or is that all hard coded into the game

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So I hosed around with a trainer a little bit and now I'm not gaining XP. Like, I kill things and the +XP shows up, but my bar never moves.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

I was having a similar problem (cheat engine). I fixed it by manually setting my level. When I just set my XP, I gained 2 levels (5-7) and then the xp bug you're describing started until I adjusted my level.

How exactly did you find the value for your level? I've got borderlands 2 open as a process in cheat engine right now but there's a poo poo load of values that match my level.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

TacticalGranny posted:

If you click the little box to the left of a value, it will hold it at that value. To change the value, you simply just change the number on the right side. If you're loving with XP values, and click the box, no matter what you earn, it won't add to your total XP pool.

Yeah, I was aware of that but I mean how did you actually find the level address? And if you change the level without changing your XP won't it just level you back up again?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Wouldn't it be better to just cheat yourself the skillpoints and/or badass points? I mean you don't really get much out of being a higher level other than more hp and meleeing poo poo harder. Still have to play through the quests. Unless you just want to blitz the story and make sure you're not falling too far behind on levels, I guess.

Yeah I actually kind of accidentally clicked the level up button because its right next to the skill point one and now I'm trying to figure out how to start gaining XP again.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So no one knows how to fix this hosed up XP issue? :smith:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Still not gaining XP :smith:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I know this has already been talked about a poo poo load but could someone post the cheat engine table people are using and how to actually use it?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Eriic posted:

That's the entrance to the area in which you fight Terramorphous.

I've been using this table which includes the code to fix the slots to spit out oranges. Install Cheat Engine if you haven't done so already (pay attention during the install if you don't want to end up with a bunch of toolbars and poo poo). Download the .ct file and double click it or open it in Cheat Engine via the "open a cheat table" button that looks like a folder on the main interface (or File -> Load). Once you've got the table open you should see a long list of cheats with checkboxes and associated values. Once you've done that, you need to attach Cheat Engine to the Borderlands 2 process by clicking the computer icon in the upper left corner (it will probably be flashing red and green) and selecting the BL2 process. If it asks if you want to keep the current table or whatever, say yes. Once that's all done you should see the values for all the different things change from ?? to whatever the number actually is for your character. If you want to add more golden keys you need to double click on the value for "# Key Available" and set it to whatever you want. When you want to spend keys without having them deducted from your key total, clicking the checkboxes for "# Key Available" and "# Keys Used" will lock those values so nothing is deducted when you spend a key. This works for other values as well. If you want to level up you can double click on your XP value and make it bigger, or you could click the checkbox to lock the value if you wanted to stop earning XP entirely. I've heard that messing with the Level value directly can have weird results, so I'd recommend manipulating the XP directly if you want to level your character.

Yeah the reason I'm actually doing this is because my XP value is hosed so I don't gain experience anymore and apparently reducing your level with cheat engine fixes it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Okay well I changed the value of level from 36 to 35 but it didn't actually change in game, and as far as I can see the only other things related to level/XP are fXP and fMaxScaled and fMaxBase, fXP is a decimal number(1.8718 etc) and fScale and fBase are both 12... :confused:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

TheSpiritFox posted:

Aww still with that problem Yolo.

Try the lin-gon trainer here http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_borderlands_2.shtml

It lets you subtract levels, might fix your issue.

Security Essentials deletes the .rar :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

e:nvm

Fixed the level issue though! No clue how, deleveled my self a poo poo load(down to 1) in the trainer, restarted my game, I was at level 35 with a bit of XP :confused:

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 6, 2012

• Locked thread