Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Invite please!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/almightypants/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Do we know what respec costs are going to be like? In the original they were so cheap as to be inconsequential and I liked it like that!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I was playing Team Fortress 2 co-op tonight and one of my friends asked, "Okay, what do you want to play?" I replied "Borderlands 2". I was being honest!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I started up the second playthrough last night with my regular group and I have to ask: is it supposed to be such a kick in the teeth? It's way harder than we were expecting.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've been having an issue maybe someone can help me with. Two night ago I beat the first playthrough with my group. Got some neat stuff, called it a night. Last night, for some reason it didn't register for me or something, most of my progress from the previous night was erased. We redid it and started the second playthrough. Today I checked and I was back to where I was 2 night ago. I caught up again and everything seems to be working but I've beaten the last couple of missions 3 times in as many days now. I hope it doesn't revert again, but I don't know how or why it's doing it. Help!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TacticalGranny posted:

Were you hosting? Is your cloud storage turned off for BL2? Only reason to revert is if you've set it to use cloud storage, or you skipped a story mission with your character to get in the coop game, so it's going back to that point when you host or continue..
I was hosting the first time. Is the default state for cloud storage on? I never bothered to check with it. We didn't skip any missions.

President Ark posted:

Are you getting a message when you first start the game about the stuff on your computer not matching steam cloud? If you do, and you only play on one computer, always choose to use the data on your computer.

No messages whatsoever.

It happened again tonight. It's really really really annoying. It's saving account-wide things, like badass ranks awarded and cosmetic items unlocked, but reverting or ignoring character specific things, like weapons and challenges completed. I really like playing this game but I want to punch it in the face right now. I'm validating the Steam files as we speak.

EDIT: 6 files failed to validate.

AlmightyPants fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 1, 2012

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I saw a bunch of stuff earlier today about the Mechromancer patch loving up badass ranks and saves and poo poo. Is this something I should be concerned about or mostly an Xbox problem?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Maybe someone here can help my group out. We've hit level 50 and decided to try our hand at the secret boss of the pirate DLC. We got completely and totally loving killed. How on earth are we supposed to beat this guy?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Question: Are Terrormorphus, Hyperius, etc harder on TVHM or the same difficulty?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I started playing UVHM the other night and holy poo poo the Varkids are kicking our asses. We're slagging them and applying as many effects as possible and they're still kicking our butts, as are apparently everything else. Any tips for a couple of level 52s tired of getting stomped?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm at level 16 my Krieg and I'm not sure which tree is worth going down. I've been having some luck with the middle one because it lets your action skill refresh sooner, but it seems like the benefits from all 3 trees don't really come into play until much later. Any thoughts or suggestions?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Can I get an invite to the Bordergoons group please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/almightypants/

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there a place where I can find recommended builds? Also, how are you guys getting all of these fantastic weapons and such?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I bought Krieg and have been dutifully playing through, leveling up and making my way through the Bloodlust tree, as it seemed like it had the most low-level benefits. I've been ho-hum on him for the most part.

Tonight I hit level 31 and got Bloodsplosion. HA HA HA HA HA! Everything is exploding always! I can't stop laughing now. Sometimes I can't even see what's shooting at me but it doesn't matter because it is exploding in a moment! This is really, really fun.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I think the absolute worst thing that they missed is the GIANT loving HYPERION MOONBASE. For gently caress's sake, it's right there the entire game. You don't tease James Bond villain moonbase the entire team and not deliver! It's been bothering me about this game the whole time.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I was playing tonight and a Bloodlust build on TVHM was getting me my rear end handed to me in Assassinate the Assassins. I decided to try Mania.

Holy. loving. poo poo.

I didn't do much shooting. I did however murder the living poo poo out of everything. Get damage, turn into a loving death machine, then when you're done you're ready to do it again. How is this not broken?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just tried out using cheatengine to change loot values and it was pretty neat. Just double checking - it doesn't stick if I don't run the file, right?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Just finished the new DLC and it says there's a quest in the castle I believe (blanking on the name) but there's no exclamation mark on the map anywhere. I'm confused.

Also, on the quests with branching options, what happens if you take one over the other, other than loot in one case and Ellie's appearance in the other?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I read somewhere in this thread that you can use an Infinity pistol with Gaige? I tried and it showed 0 bullets in the mag. Meanwhile, it works wonders with Zero.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

khy posted:

QUESTION.

In Tundra Express, there's the Varkid Observation building. On the top is one of the vault symbols. Below it is a tunnel with an electric fenced off place. How do you get in there? I've searched everywhere I can think of for a switch but couldn't find one.

There's a fuse box or whatever that you can shoot from either across from the vault symbol or the chest on top of the Varkid Observation building. Just look inside and you'll see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I didn't much care for UVHM, never got beyond level 52 - is it worthwhile checking out the new DLC or what?

• Locked thread