Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

It's not "trending" here though :(.

Not a great episode, but Q in the store shaking that guy's hand was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Who wants to.. see a... volcano :blush:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The way Sal kept reeling that guy back into keeping the handshake going was amazing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I loved Joe's brazen approach when it came to the handshake, and Sal's gesturing of the "may. I. kiss. your. abs."

The humiliation might've seem a little on the tame side compared to some of those we had earlier in the season but that had to have been the most excruciating half-hour of ___Sal's___ life.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
He gets the worst punishments.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
The latest episode of the Impractical Jokers podcast, Spiderman is a Black Hooker is up on the Tenderloins site. :toot:

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

The latest episode of the Impractical Jokers podcast, Spiderman is a Black Hooker is up on the Tenderloins site. :toot:

Yay, I was starting to wonder if they had scrapped the whole thing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Dammit Murray! :argh: Way to spoil who lost in an episode two days before it airs! It's getting to where I have to stop following them from Facebook just so I don't get spoilers directly into my feed.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Just watched the last two episodes and I like how they're mixing up the formula a bit. The instant loss and the tournament were really fun. I think the wheel of doom kind of flopped this time but the concept was good. I hope they keep finding ways to make the show fresh so it stays on the air for a good long time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Wheel of DOOM only flopped in the sense that it was absolutely amazing.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Another episode of the podcast came out, this one features Q and Joe only. They have a great discussion on some some stuff related to editing of the show, and their thoughts on the show in general.

A great episode, worth checking out.

Ghostpilot posted:

Dammit Murray! :argh: Way to spoil who lost in an episode two days before it airs! It's getting to where I have to stop following them from Facebook just so I don't get spoilers directly into my feed.

I told my wife that we HAVE to watch the show Thursday night, otherwise I'll see spoilers on my Facebook feed. It's almost worse then "Walking Dead" being spoiled by all my friends on Facebook if I don't watch it right away.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Deadpool posted:

The Wheel of DOOM only flopped in the sense that it was absolutely amazing.

Sal made it work but I wasn't feeling it as much as some of the other bits.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
I'm listening to their latest podcast now. Q really is a crazy cat lady and it's hilarious.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is great.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

One of the best episodes. I was in tears during "The place where Ed Koch got the splotch on his crotch".

The housesitter was fantastic as well, it just kept getting better and better with each joker, and Joe inviting the guy to a threeway was amazing.

As for the punishment, that was horrible and amazing in every way.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

zandert33 posted:

As for the punishment, that was horrible and amazing in every way.

I actually felt pity for Murray.:aaaaa: Seriously, that was the stuff of nightmares.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

zandert33 posted:

The housesitter was fantastic as well, it just kept getting better and better with each joker, and Joe inviting the guy to a threeway was amazing.

It's moments like these that convince me that Joe has superpowers.

And Murray's spoiler post (:argh:) wasn't kidding, that punishment was rough.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

I actually felt pity for Murray.:aaaaa: Seriously, that was the stuff of nightmares.

"si"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The look of hatred on his ex's face. I could not stop laughing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I had found out from the podcast that Q and Sal were in New Orleans for few days last week and that they were going to have a meet-up in the French Quarter for that week's episode.

The very same day pulled my back. :negative: Perhaps the only time they'd ever be in my neck of the woods and I couldn't see them.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sal is doing an AMA over on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/16rfoq/hey_im_sal_vulcano_from_trutvs_impractical_jokers/

quote:

Can you explain why on some of the challenges, two of you go head to head as opposed to all four of you being in on the challenge?

Sure. It can be a bunch of reasons. Most likely the "marks", or real people we interact with, refused to be on tv. In that instance you can blur them, but since the show is built around people's reactions, the blur is not ideal. Another reason sometimes is the network didn't ultimately like it. Sometimes we push things further, and it's always a risk we take, bc we are willing to go further than the network sometimes. But we have to maintain a tone to the show, so it's a necessary evil.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 17, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jesus, that Financial Advisers bit just killed me. I thought both teams were genius in what they put down for the other team to explain.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I'm recovering from a knee surgery so one of the only things I can do is watch TV... so I happened to stumble upon this show and I'm absolutely hooked. My favorite bits are when they have to read off slides for presentations because most of their improv skills are awful.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TUS posted:

because most of their improv skills are awful.

You're crazy on the pain meds.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
The punishments this season are really brutal

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I wish they'd stop showing a preview of the punishment early in the show. All the jokers have pretty distinctive body types so you can pretty much instantly tell who's going to lose.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I don't mind it being spoiled who gets punished, since I don't find that to be a big deal at all. Finding out that "Sal gets punished" or "Joe gets punished" doesn't really spoil anything for me because I don't know what happens to result in them being punished or what the punishment really is, which are the important parts.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
"Raisin in the Shade" made me lose my poo poo way harder than it probably should have.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Hightlight for me was Joe talking to his 102 year old girlfriend about World War II... and World War I. I was crying.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that punishment! You don't see Joe that uncomfortable very often.

Great episode all round, the only weak one was the Broadway tickets.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Wow, they finally got Joe with a humiliation. I'd love to see the questions that were on edited out for TV. Hell, they could easily make this show an hour, except that I'm not sure if my cheeks could take it.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Wow, they finally got Joe with a humiliation. I'd love to see the questions that were on edited out for TV. Hell, they could easily make this show an hour, except that I'm not sure if my cheeks could take it.

That was great how they threw some normal questions in to get him to let his guard down. This show could be on 24/7 and I'd never tire of it.:colbert:

Bulletfodder
Dec 4, 2009
The best part about that punishment was how his face lit up when he read off the softball first question only for it to come crashing down as soon as he realized that the box had been tampered with.

I absolutely love this season's punishments.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Haha "Is every woman irrational?"

Love it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

That was great how they threw some normal questions in to get him to let his guard down. This show could be on 24/7 and I'd never tire of it.:colbert:

I always end up watching the hour of reruns before the new episode just because they never stop being funny. Also, what the hell else am I going to watch?

Bulletfodder
Dec 4, 2009
I was watching old clips of this to tide me over not having an episode this week when I found out that apparently the UK has made their own version of it. The first couple episodes were a little rough, in fact you should probably just skip the web pilots they put out, but it starts to hit its stride as it goes on. The big thing is that it's missing the chemistry that the original has because it seems to just be four comedians they put together for the show.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Oh this week was a repeat, by the way.

Yeah, they mentioned on the podcast that the format was sold to other countries, which is tough to make work when one of the core elements is that they've been close friends for 20+ years: it's just not the kind of thing that transfers over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caec9x-hKMc

Edit: changed link to the full episode of the UK version.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 2, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

4 hour marathon tonight! :dance: From 7-11 Eastern / Pacific followed by an hour of World's Dumbest before repeating from 12-3am. If you're looking for alternative to the Superbowl, you won't be disappointed!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Forgot there was a new one on today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

That was a good episode, but man we're up to 13 already? Where'd the season go? If it's like last season then we have 3-4 episodes left; I hope, anyway!

It'll be airing again in just over an hour (2am E/P, 1am C/M).

Q's nervous laugh absolutely killed me. :allears: That and his use of metaphors. :v:

Edit: Ah, there we go: there are 2 episodes left!

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 8, 2013

• Locked thread