Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Other than being terrible at RTS games, I thought Halo Wars was a cool entry into the series. Up until Reach we never really saw the UNSC or Spartans as a fighting force on the offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I can't wait for the dramatic DoA fighting episode where the Chief is beaten up by the commander.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was all about the books until I found out Karin Traviss is writing them now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

So the trailer showed the Keyes maneuver, but ramming the enemy fleet instead of shooting everything to death?

The captain of the Infinity does not gently caress around.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The new soundtrack sounds more hard scifi than mythical chants, if that makes sense.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

Halo 2 had the best campaign, IMO. I liked the whole play as Arbiter thing and was kind of disappointed that they abandoned that. I liked seeing how the covenant think/believe. The angle of the covenant only respecting reptillian races, and hating humans for being inferior mammals was kind of a cool twist.

It made sense why the elites would rebel against the brutes, and be disgusted by that alliance, since the brutes are also a disgusting mammal monkey-evolved race just like humans are.

If I remember right the Elites were more pissed off about being lied to, most of them were kinda okay with humans since when backed into a corner they fought pretty well. I think it was the Halo 2 manual had some of them wondering why humanity wasn't given an chance into the Covenant since they were pretty cunning and a worthy foe.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

If I remember right from the books, the Spartans IIs could've been a lot worse if Halsey hadn't interfered a few times. Lesser of two evils I guess.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Has 343 said anything about making another ODST game or anything beyond the Chief games?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Has anyone else had the preorder and LE stuff just disappear from their hub? I had them last time I played and now they're gone.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Can Xbox One and 360 players play together in Spartan Assault?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'd be down to Halo being more tactical like Republic Commando, that game was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was bummed to hear about the co-op missions.

• Locked thread