Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The best part of Reach (and ODST maybe?) was the fact that there was no Flood segments. Halo 4 continuing this trend bodes well for expletives per minutes while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

-A n i m 8- posted:

Heh, our testers managed to 'load' the Mantis on top of the Warthog. Works great in Ragnarok CTF when you can 'deliver' the Mantis to the opposing base quickly. God dam Halo4 is awesome.

Reminds me of people flying on the Mantis' wings in UT2004, which was a completely unexpected tactic and made VCTF mode way more hectic.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Drake Bate posted:

Okay, I just watched the Legendary ending.
I am now even more excited for this game.

Yeah, I have to say, the Legendary ending definitely pushed me more towards buying the game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tezzeract posted:

Just saw it too. Wow, the CGI rendering is ridiculously good!

There's apparently a Legendary opening if you beat Halo 3 on Legendary.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

That seems like a weird thing to include if it's true. Would you just choose which intro you wanted to watch or just show up on Legendary only or something?

Apparently the leaked opening is just the regular opening of the game that somebody marked as the Legendary Halo 3 opening. It has some amazing CGI in it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

InfinEight posted:

Personally, I liked the fact that Bungie wouldn't just give fans what fans said they wanted.

All the fans wanted was to not have the Flood in every game and look how that turned out :smithicide:.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kobayashi posted:

Saw that Halo commercial on TV during the games earlier. I'm disappointed that they came out and said that yeah, Master Chief is just some skinny white kid.

Sure, Master Chief was a skinny white kid at one point, but he turned into a 6'8" behemoth before the armor even goes on. The leaked cinematics for 4 really illustrate how much bigger he is than even the Spartan IIIs.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 21, 2012

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tzeentch posted:

I believe he's described in Fall of Reach as a pale as gently caress blonde kid with a smattering of freckles around his eyes.

The helmet off cinematic from the leaked legendary ending has him with brown eyebrows, while the intro sequence has a full face shot of him as a kid with a shaved head. http://i.imgur.com/ozZYq.jpg

Tzeentch posted:

The intro video that got leaked a while back has some scientists talking to him standing less then a foot away. They come up to the bottom of his sternum.

Here's a shot of this from the intro as well as a still from the Halo 4 ending cinematic comparing how big Master Chief is compared to the Spartan IIIs.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 21, 2012

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I still think the Halo 3 Believe ad is the greatest tv ad ever made.

Which spot, the diorama one?

ODST and Reach had great campaigns too though Reach was sort of sidelined by how the whole "lets carry a 20 kiloton nuke on foot within 5 minutes" didn't make any sense at all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DrunkYardGnome posted:

I didn't really like Master Chief's voice. I mean I get that it was Downes, and I can tell it was, but it sounds a little too different from what it is in the games. I get that he's around 40 years old in the Halo games, but still.

He's supposed to be around ~45 but it's sort of handwaved with how much time he's spent in cryotubes during transit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I am not liking how completely terrible both the jetpack and grenades in general are. Coming from Reach it's a huge step back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BabyMauler posted:

The Needler is quite possibly the scariest weapon on Legendary. Beam Rifle Jackals don't kill you outright which is good. But seven hits by the Needler and it's boom town.

I'm not liking the removal of the health bar again, it feels completely random as to how much damage you can sustain before dying when you don't have your shield. The needler fucks with this even more by instantly blasting through your shield when they shatter.

• Locked thread