Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

quote:

I like how Exile is an outdoor kind of map. Are there other outdoor-like maps on the Halo 4 disc/future DLC? -F22 Raptor X1

Oh yes. In fact, our only remake map – still secret – is most definitely outdoors.

So not reading into that at all he means Blood Gulch/Coag/Hemo or some awful hydra of all three. What other outdoor remakes could they put out and not have people flip poo poo. I would enjoy a modern Valhalla. Avalanche or Sidewinder would be cool for a change of pace. Seeing as snow is a rare thing in Halo multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
So in the new vid-doc they show off a lot about the Knights. I never noticed they had little arms dangling from their chest before. And now I want to know more about these forerunners in these suits. Are they really dead or just kinda kept alive to control the suit. November needs to get here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55zOTemj03k

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 13, 2012

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Remember its a sequel to Halo 3, as they keep so kindly saying in every PR thing. And they needed a replacement for the Brute Shot anyway, so I am reading no Brutes in 4. (RIP Spiker)

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Grav Hams won't be in campaign I assume, unless elites go crazy or something. So it will be the first multiplayer only weapon?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Dominion sounds cool as hell. I can see myself playing it a whole bunch of its good

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Halo Waypoint Forums
Access Denied
You tried to enter an area where you didn't have access.
Continue...

This page was generated in 0.082 seconds.

So whats on that page?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Oh hey, I found it. They really changed up the Jackals. Tiny dinosaur looking dudes now. War Games looks tits. Spartan Ops looks great as well.

Here is a link to that thread. Hope it works.

http://goo.gl/BCXCW

Dominion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aoJMAMR038

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
That music was pretty good, come to think of it all the music surrounding this game has been pretty good. The whole DeRez effect is slick as poo poo also.

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 27, 2012

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
A gun is determined by how many tactical rails you can slap on dat sum' bitch. In that regard halos human guns are lacking.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I don't know the Box Trucks in Reach were pretty great also.

They haven't said poo poo about vehicles to this point, Is that mech the only new one? Because they didn't put out any renders of a unsc flying thing to replace the falcon/hornet. I wanted Falconry 2.0 in Halo 4 :(

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I like the audio. I how like everything looks, except the pastel armor.

http://www.giantbomb.com/343-talkin-mess-about-halo-4-multiplayer/17-6572/

And here is an hour of footage from campaign and multiplayer. Possible mild spoilers, I haven't sat through the whole thing yet.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=your_halo_4_questions_answered20120927

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 1, 2012

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

It feels so good to be done after two years.

Ahh so that's what you were doing in the campaign whenever I saw you online. Grats man. I'm going to hit hero than stop. I never want to play countdown or hemorrhage ever again.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
If anything I hope it is a glass cannon. Have they said if snipers will hurt vehicles like in Reach, I mean people don't ever do that but it was nice to grab one and shoot a banshee out da sky.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Hey would anyone want to play some Halo 3 multi some time? I have all the dlc and want to get some br mojo back.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Man, I haven't been paying attention to Halo 4 hype so I missed the whole breakdown on the Promethean weapons. I guess they were really trying to hammer home the whole "Covenant co-opted the tech as best they could," because the rifle and pistol dude was using in that Abandon walkthrough look like early versions of the carbine and the plasma pistol. The rifle looks like it performs the same, carries the same 72 reserve ammo, etc.

Someone who's watched other videos/etc, what's the light rifle do differently than say, a carbine or DMR?

Light rifle is three round burst unscoped, when scoped in its single shot like DMR/Carbine.

Flood Mode looks kind of cool.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/02/halo-4-flood-multiplayer-mode-walkthrough

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I was listening to the latest sparkcast ay work and they brought up weapon ballence. In Reach a AR vs a DMR, the dmr guy would win most of the time. In 4 they balanced it so the AR will probably kill the guy if you get a jump on him. Frankie and those guys explained it much better than I can.

I think you will see a BR DMR Light Rifle split in high level play, but everything has a place and can be competitive against the rifles in the right situation.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I'm on my phone in a work van and swift key didn't catch the typo :(

I am just going on what the devs said, give it a listen its cool to hear their reasoning for the changes. The scorpion drives better now at least. Still nothing on another flying craft, rip falconry.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
What the group think on the live action series. I was going to hold off for the dvd that comes with the LE before watching it. Is it fine standalone?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Its an Irish Stout. Or I assume thats the joke.

http://www.beamish.ie/

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I think they said multiplayer would be a mandatory install, meaning a second disc. And with all the Spartan Ops stuff, map packs, screenshots, film clips, and whatever else the disc space requirement is going to get huge.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Going dark until november 6th would be a good idea I think. Since the game is in the wild and poo poo is starting to leak onto youtube according to that GAF thread.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
The new vid doc is great. The new Spartans look so graceful. I like the way they want to encourage more team play. Dynamic shadows in forge look cool as well. Ragnarock looks amazing.

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 15, 2012

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
No mention of the Falcon in the new VidDoc, going to assume it's not in Multiplayer. RIP Falconry.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
If its like Reach it was one code for the Legendary edition stuff. From the flaming head in game, Elite Officer, Avatar Prop Falcon, and a making of that you could only get to through waypoint. I'll have to look at the card since I hang on to all that poo poo because I am dumb. The only separate code was the Tier 3 Recon hat I think.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I hope the vehicles are a little more durable. It's annoying how much of a paper tiger the tanks are. Of course this opinion flips when on the other end of one.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
That trailer whas pretty good, and gave a nice background on the Chief for people not in the know. So is it same to assume the thing scanning Chief in that trailer is the Didact?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I like them showing the scale of Chief to all the other Spartans. The new armor looks really good on him in those shots. Makes him look less robotic.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Spawn as a infinite ammo fuel rod grunt and spam that poo poo errrry day.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
That ODST ad still puts a shiver up my spine, it is just so good.

They sure as poo poo better have the grenade icon back.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
New Gameplay trailer from Waypoint staring Chief and Cortana.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIspQ1NmGf4

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
At this point I don't care that the LE has been rendered a bad buy. I want the FUD extended thing. I am in deep for Halo at this point, (metal box 2, cat helmet 3, statue from reach) and can sort of justify it in my head at this point. I picked up the halo 4 controller and it is pretty pimp, glossy, transforming d-pad, blue led, and you can see the rumble motors spinning. I play the games for a long time, and spartan dress up is cool.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I think they said because of the time that has passed certain armor has been phased out in UNSC service. It makes sense to not give your top spec solders at what at this point is three generation old hardware. (Mk V, Mk IV Grenadier) What I do want to know is if the Orbital hat is the new ODST gear or has Air Assault replaced it like the description in Reach states. (Recruit hat looks the best)

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

You can't imagine a few badass veterans using the old school helmet, maybe as a homage to the Spartan-IIs?

I don't even think Spartan IVs have any connection to the Spartan IIs outside of legends at this point. It is five years after the Covenant war. All Spartan IIs besides the Chief, and one or two others with Halsey are MIA (dead). I fully expect them to flip their collective poo poo when they meet Chief during the campaign, dude is like two feet taller than them and has not had a shower since Halo 2.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Holy poo poo the over charge drains the plasma pistol super quick now. Concussion Rifle looks toned down physics wise. Did not know that burst jetpack was so directional. Game looks good dude, looking forward to it.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
We should get a meta tag going soonish.

Just started watching FuD, some nice little touches with some Reach Spartan concept art on the walls around the academy. Are the kids UNSC Army or Marines?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I think they're Marines. It's never explicitly stated, but they do cryo training, which the Army wouldn't have any need to do, and according to Halo Nation, General Black and the Colonel are both Marines.

At the end of the third one Dima calls the guy Marine, guess that it explains it. Show gets loving amazing, I got a little chief chubbie right now.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I am a steel case whore and hate money, LE it is! I can't even remember what is packed in it.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I just want another ODST player character game. Or hell ODST 2, Staring you as the Not So Rookie. It will be a kinect game.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Holy balls Spartan Ops looks loving amazing. Those cinematics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I bet it's for press only, that can looks cool as hell.

• Locked thread