Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Breetai posted:

Yes it's a comic about babies fighting.

It's still brilliant.

Normally I don't like the whole "popular characters but BABIES!" thing, but goddamn if this doesn't look great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

FredMSloniker posted:

Wow. That's... that's kind of depressing. Being all grim and broody is one thing, but a fart joke? Are they mocking him? Are they even real, or is he having guilt-related hallucinations? :smith:

I took it as a rather poor attempt to cheer him up with some humor, from the context. It didn't work, and was probably in bad taste, but that's family.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ImpAtom posted:

Kitty's (That is Kitty, right?) comment about how she'll never get married because no man can compare to Wolverine is pretty weird.

I've seen/heard daughters make that comment about their fathers before, usually when their father is someone they admire and respect immensely.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Why the hell am I not reading Dial H right this second?

Is there anything I need to know before picking it up, good place to start, or can I just buy all of it and die happy?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I recommend starting at the beginning, it seems there's a gameplan in mind which we're currently in the second volume of.

Yeah, specifically, I didn't realize Dial H had just started anew in 2012. Looks like it's only about $25 on Comixology to catch up, too. Guess I know what I'm doing with my paycheck next week.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Sizone posted:

Man, if they took out Sonic and Megaman and then started working their way through Bubsy and Aero the Acrobat and Chester Cheetah and suchlike, that would be such a fine comic.

I don't even want them to take out Sonic and Megaman. I'm totally cool with them losing to their heroes, together, and just staying bros. Either still working together, or going their own way and just knocking back drinks together in the wake of defeats.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

smashpro1 posted:

Deadpool #8

Man, Deadpool totally knows. I can't decide if that would be a great way for Ock to get found out or not, having Deadpool use meta-knowledge to just flatly state it. Then again, who would believe him?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

WordMercenary posted:

He's been teaching AIM and HYDRA goons how to fight for years! Of course, none of those guys are actually any good...

Man, maybe that's Taskmaster's whole racket, selling his training schemes on his reputation while actually having no idea how to impart those skills into others, like some dodgy supervillainous pyramid scheme.

I prefer to imagine just how terrible those goons would be if they didn't get Taskmaster's training.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Redeye Flight posted:

That face reminds me of... something, I have no idea what precisely. It's certainly not capturing whatever emotion it's meant to be, though.

There's another page that shows him taking that monkey in, apparently, and trying to feed it like a baby while zany poo poo happens around him.

I assume the emotion is supposed to be some sort of profound emotional connection, but it comes across as some kind of insane :catstare:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Gorilla Salad posted:

While I agree with most of this, I will defend the first movies' portrayal of J Jonah Jameson to the death.

To be fair, I'd defend JK Simmons to the death.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why would a Canadian fight in an American war anyhow?

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Canadians did serve in the American Civil War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_in_the_American_Civil_War#Canadians_in_the_U.S._Army

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Gavok posted:

In the X2: Wolverine's Revenge game, the fight against Juggernaut ends with Colossus showing up for the sake of KO'ing Juggernaut with the Fastball Special.

That's not what I got from his question. What I got was the mental image of Colossus throwing Juggernaut, Fastball Special-style. And I think I'm okay with that.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Leper Residue posted:

So since Colossus became Juggernaut, could he throw himself in some sort of quantum Fastball Special?

Yes, but obviously he'd call that the Russian Meteor instead.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Require More Fire posted:

I'm more amused by that Wolverine/Sabertooth page because out out context it appears that Sabertooth just decided to gently caress with Logan in the most horrifying way possible, and then jetpack off giggling about it.

Angry Walrus posted:

"Yo Satan lemme back out, I gotta deliver a sicknasty burn to this dude I hate."

I will absolutely never, ever know what's really going on in that page. I'm going to know that these are the entire context around that page, and my life will forever be just that slightly richer for it.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

WickedHate posted:

So Deadpool obviously knows about what's going on with Spock.

I assume he read the issue where it first happened, but keeps it to himself because he respects that not everyone wants spoilers.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Suben posted:

It's dumb as gently caress but goddamn did it make me laugh (that probably works for the series as a whole). From Superior Foes of Spider-Man #8.

Is that a Galactus pool floaty the chick (no idea who she is)'s in?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The only problem with Taskmaster learning Japanese from TV is that Chow Yun Fat speaks Cantonese. Not Japanese. They're not even really similar.

I thought he was saying that the move he pulled there was from a Chow Yun Fat movie, and then his ability to speak Japanese was just a side thing. They were unrelated.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Two things:

First, Jonah's expression doesn't change between those panels. This lends support to the "marker on mask" theory, and is beautiful.

Second, those panels are all way better read in J.K. Simmons' voice.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Please tell me the beams those gauntlets fire are also skull shaped.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't know Wonder Woman talked to animals.

She's a princess. All princesses can talk to animals.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Iron Jameson is Old Stan Lee doing a robot voice though.

Bullshit. Iron Jameson is JK Simmons doing a robot voice.

He may or may not also be doing an Old Stan Lee voice, I guess.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Dacap posted:

Reed Richards is a dick.

I like that it doesn't even look like Reed threw a punch at Doom so much that he just kind of casually stretched down and bapped him while he was trying to pose menacingly.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Man, Wolverine really has done everything.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Wapole Languray posted:

I've heard of worse relationships than ones built on a mutual love of booze and fighting.

You mean there's other things to build a relationship on? That explains so much of what I've been doing wrong all these years.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Diskhotep posted:

Is it just the artwork, or has Nightcrawler always been able to turn his head 180 degrees?

For a brief period in the '80s he could teleport individual body parts, and sometimes he didn't get them back on the right way the first time.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

zoux posted:

Except only his very first armor head in any way resembles a shell.

I always assumed it was more a reference to his face plate opening to reveal the soft, squishy, pink stuff inside. Like a clam shell.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

SynthOrange posted:

Why would Rockslide need to use the bathroom?

He doesnt even have any junk!

Why do you think they call him Rockslide?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

hup posted:

Battering rams had ram-shaped heads all the time though?

Ram Jets.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Ghostlight posted:

While BATHROOM is a really good sound effect, my top spot goes to the sound of pure distilled laziness.

Fantastic Four #324

I don't know, I think "TARDIS!" is a fantastic sound effect for a time traveler to use. Though I like to think his beam doesn't make a sound that sounds like the word "TARDIS!" but rather makes the TARDIS noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

loving hell. There's something seriously wrong with Alan Moore.

• Locked thread