Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Hi, is this the creepy panels thread?

(Metal Men 32)

I thought this one was pretty :stare: even for Metal Men with its tendencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Lois Lane #56.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
The context of that panel, by the way, is that Lois accidentally travelled back in time (by being too nosy about some scientist's time travel experiment) to Ancient Greece's golden age, and is exploring the laboratory of these two scientist brothers she met. At the end of the story, her curiosity drives her to open a chest in which it turns out they were keeping millions of disease-bearing flies (you know, for science), ending the golden age.

Yeah.

A typical Lois Lane story, in many respects.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Superboy #93.

And excuses from #95:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Kharmakazy posted:

Dear DC, How the gently caress do X-rays/heat vision cause eggs to hatch? Congrats on killing the embryo in two completely different ways!

Come on, it's simple. The penguin embryo develops by absorbing thermal energy from its mother sitting on the egg; when it reaches a certain threshold, it hatches. All eggs work that way. Superboy's heat vision just delivers the same amount of warmth much faster, causing the penguin to develop and hatch instantly. You can tell this is true by how the readers' letters do not question that part.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Wonder Woman #124. It's... it's Bob Kanigher dot jpg, I guess.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Wood pulp. Or am I missing a joke here?

Paper can be made from pretty much any suitable fibers. Wood is by far the most common today for new non-currency paper - but cotton paper is still paper.

Content:

From Lois Lane #18. Kind of a creepy story with a bizarrely quasi-prescient 21st century ending.

Lois is suddenly abducted by ASTOUNDING MAN, who has been admiring her from afar using wall-penetrating telescope rays and whatever, like what a sensible and charming thing to do is. He demonstrates his worth, and his admiration of her, as excerpted above. After securing her promise that she loves him for who he is and not his ASTOUNDING powers, it turns out he's actually an android controlled by a wizened old man named Oogamooga. Oh no! But Lois finds a happy solution:

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 17, 2013

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

The_Rob posted:

I saw this ad in the issue of Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen 108, and it made me laugh because apparently comics in the 60's were getting kids ready for a full scale revolution.

I'd say it was more about getting them pumped about the war that was going on. :thejoke:?

(Lois Lane #44)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Wonder Woman #142.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

So, in other words, it's coffee?

Lois Lane #75. (It's not for real.)