Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TwoPair posted:

All from Hawkeye #2. Seriously, Amazing Spider-Man's awful and Gambit and Hawkeye have great books out, what mad world is this?

"Aw, coffee, no" might be one of my favorite lines this year. And Gambit's solo is good? Well, there's another thing to be picking up.

One final page from Wolverine and the X-Men #15

Here or in The Defenders, I love Danny Rand. Also, Tony Stark just doesn't care about Missouri or the six million people living there.

Actually, a Phoenix-possessed state would be something to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

techknight posted:

West Coast Avengers #12

Wonder Man reveals his new costume and claims it was designed by Syd Mead :psyduck:

There are so many amazing things here. Wonder Man's 'Bladerunner' costume that looks like nothing from the movie. "Not if your 'uh' is invulnerable." And, of course, Tony Stark being a total horn dog. This gets the Hawkeye Seal of Approval.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Maltose posted:

I can't tell if the US Agent pillow or the stuffed Red Skull Zoidberg! is my favorite detail. That looks amazingly fun.

Who needs Bucky when they still have Zoidberg?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

kujeger posted:

Found this old gem while going through some old files. Having just recently finished reading The Ultimate Cosmic Experience, the difference is.. noticeable.

What If II#3 (Or so google tells me)

Oh my god, this is incredible.

Content:

Scarlet Spider 9: Kaine's internal monologues lamenting his heroism are consistently either hilarious or touching. This one falls in the first category.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

PenguinKnight posted:

World's Finest 128

:pwn:

He's... He's weird...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Plutonis posted:

Have i told you guys how much i love the new Deadpool series?

I can't stop reading Strange's lines as being read by Will Arnett now.

Well this just cast all of Defenders in a new light.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mister Roboto posted:

It works just fine for Nick Fury, and he's five times a pilot, sharpshooter, and just plain manly than every goon here:

(The well-known Fury pic from his first series)

I love how the description is phrased such that "The SHIELD Ramrod" could be referring to Nick Fury himself and not his bike.

I also love every single other thing about that picture.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

bobkatt013 posted:

According to one x-men writer, Nightcrawler had more then one penis.

I don't know what to make of my automatic response of "God dammit Claremont!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

bobkatt013 posted:

Nope. The person who said that was Chuck Austin. It is part of an interview on the X-men 2 DVD

Shows what my knee-jerk responses get me!

To be an actual contributor instead of making mistaken statements, here's a great panel from Wolverine and The X-Men #25.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I just finished reading this issue, and I legitimately spent almost a minute just moving my head side to side while looking at the first two panels on this pages, because they have an almost holographic quality to them. It's so cool.

Savage Wolverine is tons of fun and I can't wait to see where the next issue goes with MAN-THING.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kalli posted:

It's such a wonderful fight.

"I might be naked...
But I'm no quitter!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I figured it was a combination of a double bluff to keep Gordon from guessing he's really Bruce Wayne ("Why would the World's Greatest Detective show up out of costume? He must just be in disguise as Bruce Wayne!"), and that Bats likes to just dick Gordon around.

Fake edit: Really the weirdest thing about that page is that you can see Jim Gordon's upper lip.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"We're tripping way out!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The is the first I've seen of Bandette and now I want more.

Uthor posted:

Someone please please please tell me they have the sequence to Savage Wolverine #5 where Hulk yells, "Hulk Smash!", jumps at Cthulhu, bunch of awesome/funny stuff happens, and Cho comments "That was pretty awesome and funny." Because it is. Awesome and funny.

You can throw it into the funny panels thread for me if you want.

Some awesome and funny pages from Savage Wolverine #5

I think my favorite detail is the whale's sound effect being "Chump".

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Uthor posted:

Thanks! But the first two images aren't coming up (for me, at least).

Ah crap, I was trying to get imgur to stop converting those two to .jpgs, and must've deleted the ones I actually ended up posting too. Fixed it now!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The Question IRL posted:

Still, the Skull ran a tight ship. He had a squad of loyal super villains that he called his Skeleton Krew. He must have treated them well, right?

I just love how Crossbones after he is fired goes STRAIGHT to his room and starts sulking, like he's a 14 year old kid. In fact his room looks like that of a 14 year old kid.

"The boss can be a real jerk sometimes." Well, he is a Nazi, Crossbones. A literal Nazi.

Red Skull looking like he's projectile vomiting that coffee everywhere is pretty dang hilarious too.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I really want to know what Number Seven of the Secret Empire's role is. And also what the Secret Empire is.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Starsnostars posted:

Wasn't the Secret Empire run by Richard Nixon, or at least a Richard Nixon stand-in?

Holy poo poo, it was. There have been multiple incarnations, and Not-Nixon led the second one.

Wikipedia posted:

The Secret Empire was defeated by Captain America, Cyclops, the Falcon, and Marvel Girl, and Captain America pursued Number One into the White House. Rather than face capture, Number One unmasked himself then committed suicide. The leader of the Secret Empire was revealed to be a very high U.S. government official attempting a coup d'état. Although his identity and face are never revealed to the reader, it is strongly implied in the dialog that Number One was the President of the United States. The government covered up his guilt and suicide with the help of a double. This led to Captain America giving up his role for a while and taking on the role of Nomad. The story was first published in 1973, when the sitting president was Richard Nixon, embroiled at the time in the Watergate scandal. Writer Steve Englehart specifically intended this issue as a metaphor of the Watergate case and the Nixon era.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"his most deadliest technique...
...THE GOD FIST".

I'm assuming it's called that because he actually has a tiny god in his hand, which is who that second thought bubble is coming from.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It's like the look of a child seeing something in a store window that they just really really want. Joker just really really wants that monkey.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The_Rob posted:

First I thought E.T. The sex move was a funny name, and then I noticed the Reece's pieces and couldn't stop laughing.

I'm still trying to figure out how they get from one place to the other.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Funny Pages, woo!

From Saga 14. Alana's step-mother might not be the best at reading her step-daughter.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

eriktown posted:

Totally reading this in H. John Benjamin's voice. Those lines are very Archer.

See, I read it in a different voice.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Suben posted:

Well we get at least one last funny moment from Scarlet Spider #24 right in the middle of everything going to poo poo for Kaine. He's decided he's failed as a hero so now he's going to burn his costume.

Scarlet Spider #24: Everything is terrible, and it's also kinda funny

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

CzarChasm posted:

I like how they redid the whole "Outfit in a trash can while Spider-man walks away" bit.

It isn't even as subtle as that.

The previous page:

I honestly chuckled at Kaine shouting that out, because it's just so melodramatic and perfect for his overly angsty self, but of course his version involves burning something.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

muscles like this? posted:

Dollman presents an extremely literal cover!

The fact that he's looking out at the reader with a look on his face that says 'Yeah, we made that joke. What're you gonna do about it?' is cracking me up.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The Lone Badger posted:

I want to know what the rope is made of.

Unstable molecules.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

bobkatt013 posted:

Sometimes pants are not the best idea
BPRD The Dead part 2

Roger's good-natured happiness is what makes this exchange.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Another. Turns out there were a lot of dudes ruining lives at Weapon X, and some of them didn't let that shutting down stop them.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The Question IRL posted:

Duh, how else are you supposed to know that he is blind?

"And now, before I kill him, it's time to see who Daredevil rea- Wait, this is just some blind guy! Call off the execution, we can't just shoot a blind person. Man, how does this keep happening?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Squishy posted:

To my mind, the defining aspect of Doc Ock is the 4 large metal arms grafted onto his back, not his dapper green tunic and yellow gloves.

This made me realize that there are too many panels where Ock's actual hands are visible doing things. If Doc Ock is cleaning himself up, he better shave and wash with the arms!

• Locked thread