Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's great at boats though.

It is from that panel on that I decided to read Hawkeye in H Jon Benjamin's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sockser posted:

Well that's kind of a little creepy, innit?

Isn't that like 10 years before anyone decided that they were related?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stagger_Lee posted:

In the earliest Stan Lee comic (pre-FF #1) to mention the idea of a community of mutants, they were all telepaths, and I think that sticks a little bit into the Silver Age. Magneto definitely could just control minds at first, and then they tied it into his magnetism powers later, and eventually just sort of stopped using it.

I remember in the 90's he used his magnetism powers to cure Boom Boom's brain damage.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What's Blade going to do when he runs out of blackulas to kill?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For those that haven't played Mass Effect, just read the jellyfish alien's lines in Eyor's voice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Wasn't Tony redeemed by having his character get amnesia specifically about all the rear end in a top hat things he had done? I remember being horribly disappointed at that, but I also hit my head a lot.

He wasn't redeemed by that, he was redeemed by being able to look at all the poo poo he'd done from an outside perspective and be wholly and truly sorry for the pain he'd put his friends through.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lurdiak posted:

Man how hard is it to have an actual french-speaking person check your french in 2013.

If you mean Glory, it's part of the joke. Her French is supposed to be terrible.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's an interesting depection of Ares.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
After Chris Pratt was cast as Starlord, Vulture put together a Guardians of the Galaxy starring the rest of the Parks and Rec crew.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Really? My brain keeps turning it into "I am Groot-loving-Swanson"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I don't care how many lampshades you hang on it, reusing panels over and over again just feels lazy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That the panel in particular I was thinking of and I think there's one more before or during the giant space war arc.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So he's almost mastered Snake's technique? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSWCKf6I-Q

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

Or a ripped off head.

Content
Hellboy in Mexico

I hope that's Numero Cinco and they're about to go beat up El Diablo Robotico.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Matlock posted:

I think that's Meat Loaf and Slash.

Dude on the far right looks like Joey Ramone.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SynthOrange posted:

He's a giant head with baby arms. :3:

So is Newt Gingrich and that guy scares the piss out of me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The fingernails are the colorist not paying attention but the blue eyes are because that's actually the Punisher. I think I remember a few people commenting on the eyes during his team up with Luke Cage.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh, plastic surgery and a ton of dye.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Thor adopts a civilian identity to stay incognito in New York, and gets mad when the Avengers visit him. West Coast Avengers Annual #1

I just really like the facts that 1) Incognito he still uses Thor speak, 2) That this is somehow a worse civilian costume than Clark Kent's glasses, and 3) that Thor intentionally went full yuppie, sweater over the shoulders and all.

I''m guessing Hercules secret identity during Civil War was a direct riff on this?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Seldom Posts posted:

drat, why are comics not that awesome anymore?

I don't care if the sturky thing actually has calming powers, in my mind he works by overloading the part of the brain that controls the weird/creepy reaction and shuts it down.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

mind the walrus posted:

Despite it's sterling reputation a lot of the humor in Nextwave is pretty forced, but more than enough of it lands.

That issue also features Mindless Ones on skateboards with backwards baseball caps. That can forgive a lot.

Warren Ellis was once described to me as the comic equivalent of your mom forwarding you those "funny internet videos" and I can't see him as anything else when it comes to his humor.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

redbackground posted:

What sound does a space shark make when it gets hit by a grizzled Thunder God?

I've been using this

as my iPhone case for a few months now. Good to see it's in continuity now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Metal Loaf posted:

I assume Doom was out on a date with Gretchen, and the Shroud just showed up to crash it.

Nope, it's canon now that Doom was referring to the Shroud as "Gretchen". Also canon is that Doom will be portrayed by John C McGinley in all comics, it's why he cares so little for Hugh Jackman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uthor posted:

Not a comic book, but Conan reviews the Injustice video game and has some insights about the characters.
http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-clueless-gamer-injustice

Oh man, is Flaming C actually a character in the game?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Im sorry can you repeat that? I kind of spaced out there for a minute.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I've noticed that with some female costumes/certain artists. It's a little off-putting... I've not noticed it on male costumery, either.

Oh, wait.

Of note, the cost enhancement was in fact metallic on the physical issue.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

yaffle posted:

I had to check, apparently it's canon, also, Dr Strange's face in that second to last panel.
Source, Iron Man sometime in the 70's (gently caress only knows, look at them mashing their unfeeling metal faces together)

Resentment over being rejected by Stark has always been a big part of her character. He seduces her to keep her from killing Pepper during Siege as well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ubergnu posted:

...said sarcastically, while rolling his eyes.

Who dyou have to hate on Tony when he's just letting his Soul Glo?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Soylentbits posted:

Hey Volstagg is a fat drunken badass while Falstaff is just a fat drunk. Credit where credit is due.

Falstaff is awesome, in three separate plays whenever he's not on stage people are asking "Hey, where's Falstaff?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bloodly posted:

They're leg stretches. Start from where his legs are crunched up, and stretch your legs out, trying to reach the last silhouette. Then back again.

He's just throwing a temper tantrum because he missed the Avenger's cut again and has to join the Defenders.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Soonmot posted:

That entire scene from Sex Criminals 3 should be posted. Basically, they wanted to do karoke with Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls, but couldn't secure the rights in time, so the entire song is "censored" with Fraction's post it notes.

Also, the recap page needs to be here, that got an actual lol from me.

I appreciate the fact they went to press with a joke about being banned by iTunes about a week or two before they were banned by Apple.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Wait? Blue Beetle John Rogers? poo poo, I am now triple sold.

So this one dude is responsible for the DnD Comics, the Blue Beetle relaunch and Leverage? Why isn't he working more? What is he currently doing and how can I consume it?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
After he finishes telling the story does Sam's mom call out that he just claimed to like everything about Doom with the exception of his face?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DarkCrawler posted:

Either the colorist just heard "Africa" and ran with it, or I just learned that Doctor Doom is a black dude.

Unstable melanins.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TwoPair posted:

You gotta post the part right before that

Has it been established that the dude that looks like a mega man villain has an NYT buddy named Mahoney or is Boomerang making a Police Academy joke?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WickedHate posted:

He has the Superior Spider-Mobile: None.

Pretty sure Doc Ock had a car from that line. I can't remember if the giant destroy wheel was his or Doom's

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'm not saying he's lying or anything, it just astounds me how far ahead of his work Ellis apparently operates at to keep having the single data loss be the root of so much lost effort.

I wouldn't call it working too far ahead but he does write a lot of scenes before he has a story for them. The ayahuasca scene from Dr. Sleepless showed up on his blog about 6 years before the book was published.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Loki one is legit great even under it's own merits.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is the kitten Molly? It looks like it could be a frog hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FredMSloniker posted:

I just realized, I recognize the robot in panel four from a Sesame Street context, but I don't remember what it was called...

And it's god to know that Spider-Man, Genis and Moondragon can rely on Han Solo to fly them around in a pinch.

• Locked thread