Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"I TOO CAN BE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!"

New best catchphrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So, I've recently started reading 2000AD from the start. Back in Prog (issue) 20, Judge Dredd faces the worst scourge of the streets:

and later...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think it's pretty obvious what the artist's source model was for that face in Witchblade...
It was his personal RealDoll.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

All this talk about Charles Atlas parodies, and no posting of Flex Mentalo?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lars Blitzer posted:

Don't look at me, man. I bought into the Barkerverse line as well as the Midnight Sons set of comics they had going back in the day.

I hope you're not dissing on the Razorline comics there. :colbert:

(okay, Hyperkind was pretty dumb.)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Matlock posted:

Injustice 17. Probably the most unintentionally funny art of all time.

Huh. Wonder when the "Annoying Orange" DLC for the game comes out.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Weren't the Power Pachyderms just a one shot to begin with?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Man I figured the kid's reason was probably really lovely in the face of whatever makes an alien travel to earth, but winning a fishing contest isn't worth "anything on earth" you idiot.

What he's not telling you is that Betty Sue promised to let him touch her boobies if he won first prize.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Hey, why not do it in fantastic video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlAXF3_KG0

(Goddamn I miss Brave and the Bold)

I can only speak for the DS version, but the Brave and the Bold video game has you able to unlock the costume late in the game! Every time the screen transitions, or comes out of pause or whatever, you're a different color! :cool:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

smashpro1 posted:

I know in the CGI movie, the team kinda fell apart for a while, so Raph became a costumed vigilante (who was easily recognized by Casey, since he looked like a giant metal turtle).

Wasn't there also a time in the original cartoon where one of the bros donned a disguise and fought crime freelance too?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog 249

I love the current Sonic/Megaman crossover, and i love the in-jokes that are being traded lately.

Talk about a missed opportunity--Vector-Man should have been using a roll attack at him.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

"I was, you know, scared of the vampires" is going to be my new go-to excuse for things.

I'm going to pretend this coming from a guy named Santo is intentional.

Also, Those aren't necessarily Wanda's kids as Panda's arms...Him using other people for his limbs has kind of always been his thing. And it was always weird.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Drifter posted:

"Use the door? Like a peasant?"

That's the best response to give for crashing through a wall.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld where George gets everyone to start eating stuff like candy bars and donuts with silverware.

"Why are you eating that with a fork?"
"What do you expect me to use, my hands?!" :smug:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Is the whole "flash man is bald and jealous" thing something established?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MVP posted:

That's a rough looking Scottie cover.

Deadpool just got done banging Sue

And now Beast is making out with him!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Somebody get Marvel on the line. L'il' Marvels is an idea with wheels.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If that happens we should also get a reskin for Moleculo: The Molecular Man!

With alternate Spanish dialogue I presume?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Phy posted:

In case anyone's forgotten:

(The Tekken Saga #1, rehosted shamelessly from Gavok's site)

I'm a Tekken fan, and even then I don't understand half of what's going on on that page. And I haven't the foggiest how to pronounce ripslists.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Isn't that Snowflame webcomic goon-made? I seem to recall it had a banner floating around here for a while.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Which is double ridiculous, because it's on the outside of his hood!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Reading the wiki about Rutland, I think the best part was that the town became the reason for a three-part unofficial company crossover about Steve Englehart's car getting stolen.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

prefect posted:

I remember there was an issue of "What The" where Todd McFarlane did the Batman origin scene, but with a baseball coming through the window instead. (So our hero decides to run around with a baseball bat.) I can't find a scan of it, though. :doom:

I could have sworn there was a feature in Cracked magazine back in 89 when the Tim Burton movie came out with the exact same idea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm going to assume the "oontz" noise 909 was making was him singing a techno song to himself...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The interesting thing about Tomahawk is that he's not a Western hero, but one of extremely few Revolutionary War era heroes in the (pre-flashpoint. Dammit.) DC history. He pops up during Swamp Thing's time travel arc that began directly after Moore left the series.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gavok posted:

I personally love Dr. Strange explaining that he's on the internet because he loves hockey. Bendis has a great talent for humanizing his characters in weird ways like that. Kind of like when Iron Man made a Planet of the Apes joke to Dr. Doom and Doom didn't question it. Iron Man then thought to himself, "Dr. Doom's seen Planet of the Apes? That's weird to think about."

Plus there's Osborn and his 5 Guys adoration.

I really want to think that Doom is a closet cinephile now, with his personal theater inside Castle Von Doom, getting all of Hollywood's films shipped directly to Latvaria. And I'm picturing him sitting there with his bucket of popcorn and giant soda, loving every minute of it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

The singlet thong and chronic "boobs-butt pose" are why I hate this character. She has no purpose other than Chris Claremont spank material. At least she looks different now, but who knows how long it'll last?

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who thought she was a more interesting and worth-reading character before all that nonsensical ninja-body-swap bullcrap.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

She was Captain Britain's sister and white before falling into a magic plot hole.

It's funny, reading her bio on wikipedia is like tracing my personal history with reading X-men. I started paying attention to the book and reading it mostly regularly right about the time she moved from England to Westchester, when the Morlock Massacre started going down. I started getting lazy and getting most of my info for what was going down from the other kids on the playground around the time she was asian-ified and the team re-formed. By the time she got her full powers back, I was like "gently caress if I'm keeping track of this mess." and stepped away from Marvel altogether for some time.

Thinking about it, Besty getting a case of The Vapors hardly is what turned her into sex object personified. She was just the more "Western" lacy sexy. Thinking back, it seems like they wrote a whole lot of excuses for her to get naked back in the day, whether it was "Roughhousing Storm crashes into bedroom where Psylocke is posing naked for Colossus' painting", or "Oh, her metal outfit has to be removed so she can swim across this raging river. Naked."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Just because Mojo is the top man, doesn't mean he's the only man. Look at Mojo II, for instance...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I have no idea if Bobby and Sam are supposed to be known people and I don't care. I love every inch of what I just saw.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Stuff like those Mojoworld stories, and the recently posted Illuminati "bro-talk" session make me wish we had some sort of regular "goofing" anthology title. I don't mean like a "wacky" Brand-Ecch! style parody fest, but rather just little funny and/or weird or whatever small continuity-be-damned pieces by whomever, of the same sort of flavor as got collected years back in the "Bizarro Comics" books. Just a quiet little title put aside strictly for the fun of it, for everyone involved. Considering lately (especially at Marvel, apparently) creators have been starting to remember that comic books are fun, and superheroes are kinda absurd at their heart, I think it'd fly over well in today's industry.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

The bizarrely bad art of various Sonic comics has been mentioned before.
Sonic #156.

Hurr.

All this time, and no mention of Tails' perfect :yayclod: face.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

For the record, Matt is totally full of poo poo about Sunday in the Park with George. :colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Okay, since you're a self-confessed Power Pack fanatic, I've always wanted to ask one: What's your opinion on the "lost" TV pilot? I thought it was terrible but innocuous. Typical mid-90's Fox Kids TV fare.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Avenger Academy #27.

The *GASP!* look is priceless.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

"I've got like eighteen bazillion things to do today, and they're all butts" is going to be my new personal slogan.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Archonex posted:

The facial expressions in this always get me. X-23 is not impressed by what she sees.

I'm more entertained by the guys on the edges averting their eyes upwards with an expression that clearly says "Don'tlookatitdon'tlookatitdon'tlookatit"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

I always thought that the "10 modes" for that one was kind of a stretch since quite a few of those modes don't really look very distinct.

Yeah, I've seen that before and always thought that too.

"You can make a dragon! And if you pull out his other limbs from the robot form, it's a dragon with four legs!"

And I don't even know what the hell that thing in the upper right is that resulted from tucking in all the heads.

And Medusa up there? She's obviously working out her hair Cause you know, the stuff she picks up is heavy yo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Dr Strange sure used to be different.

I think that's the other Doc Strange. Thomas, not Stephen. The one Alan Moore brought back into anyone at all's consciousness in Tom Strong and Terra Obscura.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

And thus, Doombot 0001 was born!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gavok posted:

That lion fully realizes that he's about to get hosed up.

Man, I'm surprised to learn there isn't a resource online for scans of classic Ripley's Believe It or Not! comics (Ripley's own site only keeps track of the last 1000 of the still daily strips). I had a perfect one in mind for this from a book my grandpa had. It detailed a man getting attacked by a lion, so his first thought is to shove his fist down it's throat. It worked. And apparently in 2007, an elderly farmer topped him in the "Men's Adventure Magazine" competition, not only thrusting his hand down the throat of his attacking lion, but then tearing the animal's tongue out! There is no word on whether either of these happenings involved a woman having her red button-down shirt torn off.

• Locked thread