Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Thrill as the entire Justice League teams up to harass Steve Lombard in Action Comics #443:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Do not attempt to flirt with Lois Lane! Action #455:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

HEY KIDS! from Action Comics #462:

Pete Ross' son is dying! The only thing that can cure him is to know Superman's secret identity.. But no one will believe the truth! From Action Comics #457:

Finally, after some battling some supervillains...

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

West Coast Avengers #12

Wonder Man reveals his new costume and claims it was designed by Syd Mead :psyduck:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

bowser posted:

Y - The Last Man #22

:smug::fh:

I.. how is his nose involved? Have I been doing things wrong this whole time?

In other news, this was in Adventure Time #5:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'm kind of surprised that this cover was allowed in 1976! Action Comics #466

Superman's forgotten power: turning secret identity emergencies into DC house ads! Action Comics #477

Oh no! Lex Luthor appears to have de-aged Flash and Batman... But how to be really sure it's them? Action Comics #465

They have a what lighthouse? :psyduck: Action Comics #464

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Superman recalls learning to fly in Action #500:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Action Comics #533

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Didn't Jean and Hank do that too?

I know Hank did, that's what led to him getting a job and developing the mutant serum that changed him all blue and fuzzy. (well, grey and fuzzy at first)

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

The official Mutant Massacre crossover guide (not sure of specific source) may not be setting the right tone or level of comprehensibility:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

graybook posted:

And even a panel of those silly Spider-Man comic edits! If anyone hasn't seen them, they're available here: http://danarchy.youfailit.net/Spiderman/ , with the panel in question being from #12, Fappo.

They're still online at the original source, FYI: http://jaypinkerton.com/2004/06/08/spider-man-comics/

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

If you guys aren't familiar with it, Dog Police is a thing and as a bonus is a soundalike of the Electric Company Spider-Man theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Marvel Comics Presents: Captain America

From a mini-reprint of Cap #250 with this free maze inside!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Defenders v1 #115

NAMOR WILL BROOK NO WHIMSY

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Action #293

Hah, an old split identity story! I wonder what wacky situations the separated Clark and Superman will get into..

:stare:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I'm so happy to see the real Death's head back but why the gently caress does it have to be Land drawing him?

His art sucks, yes?

I'm not a fan of his stuff but I think that his style actually kind of works when he's doing armour and machines and whatnot.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Classic Wonder Woman's catchphrase was "Hola." I'm more laughing at how their head scientist is just called Paula.

I wish I could find a specific instance of it.. There's an early issue where Wonder Woman explains that it's the "traditional Amazon greeting".

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

All-Star Comics #51

Well gee, this is a nice, progressive PSA for 1950

... followed by this on the next page

:(

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

They gave Gamora clothes, why can't they give Angela clothes too?

Tom Brevoort said that they'd introduce her in something similar to her existing outfit before going from there.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

X-Factor v1 #10

Captain Britain (Marvel UK) v1 #11

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Lobok posted:

Was the artist told to draw a monkey or the world's smallest black man caricature? Or are those two things one and the same for him?

Why are the kids so happy to see all three of those horrible people? :psyduck:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

A weird thing about the Silver Age was Superman's relationship toward the Kents.

Yeah, it really sticks out the Kents are always explicitly referred to as Clark's foster parents in old Adventure/Superboy issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

From a great tumblr full of comic/game mashups: http://insertquarterbin.tumblr.com/

• Locked thread