Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sportsgenius86 posted:

BallerAlert is a real thing

way to go America

This.

That site is the worst thing about the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Frot Lesnar posted:

Magic was among the best at putting things in holes.

If anything, too good at putting things in holes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Big Shot is hilarious.

Right after they interview Stan Fischler about looking like the Fishsticks logo, there's old video of a protest parade against the logo - complete with a little kid holding a sign with the logo reading "IT'S STAN FISCHLER."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Gary Bettman sucks, come on now.

The latest 30 For 30 short is really awesome - the couple that created the MLB schedule by hand for decades.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9930115/our-latest-30-30-documentary-short-tells-story-how-husband-wife-ended-creating-schedule-mlb

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Niwrad posted:

Not sure how you can put out something like Hillsborough which digs deep into a topic and doesn't hold back and follow it up with a puff piece that avoided mentioning things the league found troubling.

Here's how: the television rights to the English Premier League are owned by NBCSN, and the team in question is located an ocean away from Bristol, CT. Meanwhile, the NBA and ESPN have a massive rights deal, and a longstanding working relationship. That's how.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BigBoss posted:

I was bummed about the lack of drama. I've always had the feeling that even though some of the guys went on to other teams that they will always be Pistons no matter what. I would have loved to see some of the guys let loose and talk about how they actually felt. I saw John Salley not that long ago making less than complimentary remarks regarding the Bulls (and Jordan) and he was on the 1996 Bulls. The personalities from this time were so intense, and they put Isiah out there smiling and waving, trying to smooth everything over. I wanted more blood and bile.

If this weren't produced by NBA Entertainment, it might've had that stuff.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
ESPN is taking them down quicker than usual, due to the whole restriction on Hillsborough being shown in the UK.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Ric Flair talking about heeling it up makes this a great doc no matter what

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Laettner doing his interviews for the doc in a CHRISTIAN LAETTNER t-shirt is fantastic.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

Upcoming 30 for 30 subjects announced today:

The Bills' Super Bowl losses

Holyfield/Tyson

Pete Carroll

This one has already been done though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsRm8M-qOjQ

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is a great video, for so many things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_gmrudvXTg

"Today, Cleveland made national news again, because a man was on top of Terminal Tower throwing things at people down below."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wonder how much time they'll spend on him completely breaking Kwame Brown

9.75 hours

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Sacramento Kings photos in the 30 for 30 intro are awkward.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
HOLY poo poo, A BERMAN DOCUMENTARY

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I was looking forward to the XFL film, the Berman one is an amazing surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Bob Seger talking about Chris Berman is great television, this is fantastic. And Bill Belichick!

• Locked thread