Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
HOw loving depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Did anyone watch "Ghosts of Ole Miss?" Goddamn, that was shocking. I knew it was bad in Mississippi during the Civil Rights Era, but a campus-wide riot?

:stare:

Yeah I finally caught it on my DVR today. I was really surprised how honest a lot of the people they interviewed were (Although they didn't find anyone who was still against segregation and I'm sure those people are out there).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm really enjoying this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I liked Spirit of St. Louis.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just watched "No Mas" and I thought it was really good. Duran is in absolute denial though. It's kind of :smith: more than anything.

In a way I thought his closest moment of honesty was "Leonard will never be satisfied." Leonard taunted him, he was better than him, so he took all the sweetness out of the victory the only way he could. And man Leonard, you could tell that ate away at him. I remember the tail end of Leonard's career; he was just such an egomaniac, which makes sense with the alcoholism and the burning dissatisfaction of his greatest moment being tainted, and I just didn't get the love for the dude. But it seems like now he's over that hill, and this was just one more demon to put away, and he has that satisfaction now. Which is cool.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I thought they tried to shove too much into one thing. The Spirits and their ownership, Barnes, the collapse of several ABA franchise, the four that got in (and the two that didn't) and the NBA's media rise/in perpetuity. I did love that they had Terry Pluto talking as Loose Balls is such a great book. I'd love a miniseries on the ABA, where they could explore the nuttiness in all its flavors.

Plus, unless I missed it, they left out the most legendary Barnes story:

I did think it was too much for the format, but I feel that way about almost all 30 for 30s if they're any good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

GD_American posted:

Don't come crying to us when goalies only wear beach towels in front of a soccer-sized net and you have to watch games tape-delayed on RFD-TV, I guess.

Now this is hockey I'd watch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There's a lot of bullshit surrounding the Von Erich story and ESPN hasn't had a good track record of sifting through that when it comes to cover wrestling. Still, I want to see it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Mahoning posted:

It is pretty strange how over and over New York teams are made out to be these heroic underdogs.

At least in the case of the Knicks, they've been so historically mismanaged that they are in fact often underdogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm watching the 30 for 30 for Calipari and I get why people complained it was a Cal commercial but it's interesting. Also now I get why Sam Cassell was yelling like a maniac during his head coaching in summer league, he's totally influenced by Cal.

• Locked thread