Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They red sox curse one HBO did was pretty good, but then they re-cut it with a new ending after 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They should of rebranded it something else. 30 for 30 only makes sense in the context of 30 films for 30 years of being on the air.

Keep the same musical themes from the promos and visual style and narration (what if I told you...?) and call it ESPN Docs or something.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

What if I told you about a superfan loser with a dumb idea?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I got to the part where he got injured and couldn't watch anymore. Too depressing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

rscott posted:

More like Requiem for Syracuse and Georgetown, god drat. I think they spent like a minute total on UConn when they won more national titles than the rest of the schools they spent all that time on combined.

Seriously. They couldn't get PJ to sit for an interview in between being fired from the Nets? The conference was a lot more then Georgetown Syracuse.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I still can't come to grips with the idea that 25 years ago or whatever the idea of stadiums having *seats* for everyone was a crazy idea. Just having people stand on terraces the whole time.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 16, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My DirectTV DVR recorded it fine.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

This Pistons thing was boring as poo poo. It's like some 2nd rate straight to DVD NBA produced puff piece for nostalgic fans. As somebody who doesn't give two shits about basketball or the Pistons there was nothing interesting here. Unlike the Reggie Miller one which actually told an interesting story.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Another Bay Area World Series earthquake special, just what the world needed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My DVR recorded the tail end of some college football game instead of Rand University.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Twice I've tried to DVR Rand University and twice I've wound up with 1/2 a college football game. It would be cool if ESPN could air it at least once not immediately preceding a live sporting event that's run an hour long.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Just watched the hockey one. Was pretty good. Nice to get an honest look into the Soviet system. In some ways Rocky IV wasn't that off the mark.

Niwrad posted:

Just looking back through old results, does anyone know why Canada didn't compete in 1972 and 1976?

Canada withdrew from international competition for most of the 70s because of disputes about being allowed to use professional player, I think.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 10, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I don't give a poo poo about any of these people and this isn't doing anything to make me care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I really liked the Joe Namath one.

• Locked thread