Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

CeeJee posted:

Please tell me Stephen King will be back at some point so there is something to look forward to.

Badassery personified.

SpannerX posted:

No, a paper bag, and they have to act their way out!
They would never get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

LoG posted:

RIP Piney

You think Piney is actually dead? Come on, he will turn out to be a CIA agent in deep cover an alien and will get Sutter out of whatever hole he has written himself into.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

NewtGoongrich posted:

How was the Juice race issue resolved anyway?

Since his birth certificate says Hispanic, Chibs told him it didn't matter who his father is. Plus, the sheriff guy let him destroy the only copy of that information to apologize for what he put him through.

It was all a very stupid and contrived way to make him less of a dick. It didn't really work.
:smugissar:

Baronash fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 12, 2012

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Simstim posted:

Poor Lem died from a mine, did anyone even bother to get his body from the middle of the minefield? He is probably still rotting out there.

I'm pretty sure his arm ended up near Juice, so I doubt there was much left of him.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Alright all you masochists, it's time for some browalking!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress you show. Filthy Phil is still not patched in.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

davebo posted:

Hey can I be the first in the thread to complain about the lack of trigger discipline?

Bro, we are so far beyond complaining about poo poo like that... bro.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I forget, do they not know he killed Piney?

Opie can read your mind.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Jeez, Clay looks like hell.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Woohoo. Danny Trejo.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I like this new guy.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

and for those of you who don't know who deathrow is there was an awesome FX show named Lights Out

drat right.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

drat, he's coming clean?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Right, because everyone stuffs their gun in the front of their pants.

Oh.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

This new suited black gentleman is the best part of this show now

Hopefully the Chris Rock lookalike will be as interesting.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

They should just slowly replace the cast of this show with the cast of Lights Out and Terriers

I would watch this show until the end of time if they brought in Donal Logue as a Nomad.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Hold on, what the gently caress happened after Tig stopped by Clay's house? I thought the episode was winding down and had to go to something else.
:negative:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

- Tig and Clay blah blah blahed. Clay asked him if they were cool, Tig didn't know.

- He went to get his daughter from the cop but the cop shackled him and Pope showed up. Pope burned his daughter alive in retaliation. The cop was then to bring him in for the murder of Pope's daughter but Tig got free and killed him and cried over his daughter's body.

- Gemma and Tara argued. Blah blah blah. "He's my son, he's my husband." "They're my grandchildren, they're my sons." "I'm smarter than you, don't mess with me." Same old poo poo.

- Pope had someone accuse Jax and Chibs of killing the Niners. They deduced that it was a ploy to get them in prison so they could be killed and Pope's hands would be clean. They decided to run and Gemma took them to Jimmy Smit's whorehouse.

- The sheriff also kind of reasoned out that the Sons' warrants were orchestrated by Pope.

- We got some quick shot of Opie putting a For Sale sign on his bike.

- Unser was beaten, the victim of another home invasion. We saw that one of the attackers had a prosthetic leg and sneakers matching Greg the Peg, one of the Nomads the Sons voted in earlier in the episode.

I think that's pretty much it.

Holy poo poo. Thanks for the recap.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Aardark posted:

I haven't watched this show since they went to Ireland, but I'm curious, what's with that gif?

Jax is browalking unusually hard in it, that's all.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

11b1p posted:

I thought there would be more talk about the Goon getting patched in. I saw him with a bottom rocker.

Tig's daughter burning to death kinda took the wind out of those sails.

But yes, I am incredibly loving happy that he is finally patched in. It was one of Kurt Sutter's better decisions.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Armyman25 posted:

And Jax thinks he has some kind of leverage over the CIA now?

Of all of the absurdities of this show, I felt that this one was surprisingly grounded. Remember the whole Fast and Furious debacle, or the Iran-Contra affair? Imagine a violent biker gang comes out and says that they brokered gun deals and smuggled coke into the States for one of the most powerful cartels in North America, who just happened to be supported by the CIA. There is no telling what kind of poo poo storm that would unleash.

Doobie Keebler posted:

In a shocking twist Clay breaks his arm and can't ride. Opie, now a prospect again, has to drive Clay around in a sidecar.

Opie would honestly just drive off a cliff.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

hatelull posted:

Also, can anyone refresh my memory as to the WTF from last season? I remember that the kooky fed and the sherrif pushed tagging this for the benefit of people still catching up to the end of Season 3 hard on Otto and when they had him convinced that Bobby Elvis either got Luann killed, banged Luann, or didn't kill the dude that banged Luann he implicated Bobby and everyone else. Or something. Then poo poo HAPPENS and bobby is in jail, Otto says some words, and it all looks dire for our motorcycle bros. The MORE poo poo HAPPENS and it all gets reset.

I remember the cartel dudes actually being Feds, and they explained as much in the season premier. Although, I can never remember if Machete and his buddy were Cartel dudes that got handed badges by the Feds or if they were just really deep undercover guys. However, all that other stuff and the end of last season is just a hazy alcoholic blur for me.

They are legitimate cartel guys being backed by the CIA. You didn't miss much. Absolutely everything bad that the Sons had coming to them was put to an end by the CIA bullshit.

Also, Tara accepts her role as chief old lady during a final scene with some really heavy handed symbolism. That's about it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

suboptimal posted:

They flashed National Clandestine Service badges, which suggests that they are in fact CIA officers, not just cartel guys with great connections.

Oh, nice catch.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

SublimeDelusions posted:

Also, didn't Sutter say that he has a "7 season plan" in mind for the show? Meaning we'd still have two seasons after this anyway? But, on the bright side, we might see Goon Prospect take on a bigger role in "SoA:TNG" since he's probably the only one to not get himself killed somehow. We'd get to see him fill the Piney role with a trike stocked with Mountain Dew and Cheetos... Until Opie kills him.

Given Sutter's track record with (former) prospects, I wouldn't be surprised if Goon Prospect was killed off as part of some utterly retarded subplot.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Well storywise it should be clay but since this is sutter it will be Opie

Honestly, since Sutter would never kill Clay, I would actually be fine with it being Opie. I honestly don't care about him anymore. He has just always seemed like a sort of reserve character who comes in and out of plot lines and spends the rest of the time just not giving a poo poo about anything. Even when he was getting married or killing Stahl, he just seemed really "meh" about the whole thing. I just can't stand it anymore.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Fragmented posted:

The thing that really rubs me wrong is they have the gall to have a gunfight with loving uzi's and nine's where no one is even hit once

Of all the things on the show, a bunch of gangbangers and bikers with no training being unable to hit each other at medium range in the dark is pretty believable.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing Bobby Elvis because it would be a convenient thing for Sutter to do to get Otto to go back on his statement.

What statement? The only plot I remember him being involved in was the RICO thing, and that was crushed.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

THIS GUY IS COUNTING MONEY BECAUSE POPE PAID HIM OFF YOU SEE

Yep, because bribery definitely works like that.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

Aw it's totally going to be Chibs. :(

Did I miss something?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

He has to kill a Son that in there with him. Obviously Tig has to stay alive because he wants to punish him. Opie still has story left to tell. Jax isn't going to die. Chibs makes the most sense since his wife and kid are safe now and he got his revenge. Guess it could be Juice too.

edit: why did I think Juice was in with them. Welp guess it's defo Chibs.

drat logic.

Oh, here's the mother. Gemma seriously can't take a hint.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The SARS Volta posted:

E: Am I off base for thinking Gemma's play is a bit unrealistic? "Oh no, the kids are in DAY CARE and their dad is in jail, better burn some bridges"

Gemma has always been a little nuts when it comes to family. It's not too absurd to imagine that she might flip a poo poo over that if she thought Tara was trying to push her out.

Honestly though, Tara looks seriously unhinged. Someone else really needs to be watching those kids for a little while.

Edit: Juice. :allears:

Edit2: Gemma. :ohdear:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress no. OPIE!

quote:

Honestly, since Sutter would never kill Clay, I would actually be fine with it being Opie. I honestly don't care about him anymore. He has just always seemed like a sort of reserve character who comes in and out of plot lines and spends the rest of the time just not giving a poo poo about anything. Even when he was getting married or killing Stahl, he just seemed really "meh" about the whole thing. I just can't stand it anymore.
Opie, I lied. I really don't want you to die. Come on.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 26, 2012

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The SARS Volta posted:

Wait, who was down on the ground bleeding from the gut?

Nobody important.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Krabkolash posted:

(My one consolation is that at least that is the end the character Opie probably would have wanted and he was content with it)

The ending Opie would have wanted would be him dying of old age after a long career in a Harley commune with season 1 Jax.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

I can't believe people on twitter are saying this was good. gently caress you America.

Twitter serves no other purpose than to bolster oval office Sutter's ego. I'm not surprised.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So, I'm gonna come out and say it:

Only about 17-18 weeks until Justified returns.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Sir Hamish posted:

Everyone was whining Sutter doesn't kill his characters but when he does everyone whines and 'quits' the show. Grow up.

Everyone whines when Kurt Sutter writes himself into a hole and doesn't kill a character who really should be dead. Everyone gets angry when he kills off interesting characters for retarded reasons. This is the latter.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

BrandonGK posted:

I also liked that evil guard straight out of a B prison flick was actually cowed by Jax's threat instead of just laughing it off or reporting it.

Who would he be reporting this to exactly.

"Hello sir, so this guy is a little pissed that I forced him to watch his best friend's head get bashed in, and he threatened to kill me. Oh, did I mention he is the president of an international motorcycle gang that specializes in weapons trafficking?"

I'm more surprised that the evil guard was stupid enough to accept Pope's offer in the first place.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The Robins Taley posted:

I agree 100%. This show is complete garbage and after last week's episode I'm Officially Done with this piece of poo poo show. The ONLY good thing to come out of wasting my time watching it is this thread's recommendation of Justified.

I also saw on twitter where Kurt Sutter called the critics of last week's episode "fat whores". So now we all get to be fat whore cunts!! Congrats everybody!! Stay classy, Kurt, you retarded man-child.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Sons of Anarchy: Season 5 FAT WHORE-CUNTS ASSEMBLE

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Seams posted:

I don't want to overstate it, because god knows where this will end up, but I did like that thing Jax said about throwing Tig to the wolves whenever he ceases to become useful. I just hope it wasn't just a thing he said to placate Pope. It's a pretty big change from "the sons are my family and family got to stick together bro".

He was definitely incredibly pissed at Tig during the "you owe me" speech, so I don't have trouble believing that he was serious.

• Locked thread