Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pron on VHS posted:

Which ones are outstanding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I hope Otto comes in that bitch's mouth

What the gently caress, dude?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Jesus gently caress. I wonder if I could sue Sutter for giving me brain damage. I could feel my IQ drop at least ten points while watching that poo poo.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Fat Ogre posted:

That said why does every loving episode this season have a stupid as gently caress chase scene in it?

To pad the time out. You just have to write "ten minute chase scene, ends with Jax laying down his bike" and let the director do the rest.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Next week: Clay bends Tara over the table and rapes her in front of the whole club, then shoots Bobby in the face. Jax vows he'll get to the bottom of it.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Jesus gently caress. What the hell Sutter?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

At this point I just want all this poo poo over with. Prefferebly it would end with everyone dead in a massive bloodbath, except Happy and Chibs who ditch their cuts and just ride off into the sunset.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

davebo posted:

Sorry, from this point forward any guest stars from other FX shows may only appear in drag with prosthetic boobs.

I would probably go gay for boobied Olyphant.

I'd be fine with Raylan in drag as long as he shot out Jax's knees so he could never bro-walk again.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

mookface posted:

So if this is the way things went down, why the gently caress is Jax so chummy with Pope while insisting that everyone else has to loving die right the gently caress right now? The goons were just an extension of Pope's whims afterall and if it wasn't those particular guys it would have just been someone else! What the gently caress. I know the club needs the arrangement with Pope at the moment and blah blah blah, but it doesn't make any sense as to why he's out to get the other guys so badly and is casually joking around with Pope and talking about board games.

I think Sutter is trying to set up an "awesome" reveal for the end of the season where we get to see how amazingly machiavellian Jax is. He's being all chummy with Pope so that he'll drop his guard. You might have noticed that the last couple of meetings he's had with Jax he's not had any muscle with him or frisked Jax for weapons. Jax helped the Mayor push Charming heights through, something the Sons have been opposed to from the start, in order to get the brothel set up. The whole point of getting Pope to invest in Charming Heights is so that, right at the very last minute, Jax can kill Pope and the deal falls through.

A decent writer might be able to pull something like that off, but the way Sutter is doing it, it just comes across as contrived bullshit.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

mcbexx posted:

One of the new prospects doesn't look exactly caucasian either.
Looks like the bylaws have already been loosened.

It's just "no blacks", rather than "whites only".

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

maffew buildings posted:

I think it is pretty cool that you can articulate yourself so well despite being legally mentally handicapped

His mom does the typing for him.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

To be fair, he told Jax two weeks.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

suboptimal posted:

"They made you... suck???"

I got so sick of that showing up in every "Previously On:" for two bloody seasons.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

BrandonGK posted:

The first episode Sutter wrote for The Shield ended with Dutch watching helplessly as Danny, his unrequited crush, made out with Vic Mackey.

He also wrote the episode where Danny and her partner catch some bloke perving through a window, only to find out that he lives there and is watching his wife gently caress some random guy.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Donny Brook posted:

for those who are interested, apparantly Dutchboy is in a new series, Last Resort.

I've only seen a commercial for it, so I can't say if it's any good, but Shawn Ryan is behind it so it might be worth a watch.

The pilot is good, the rest of it is varying degrees of loving awful.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

cargo cult posted:

I'm just on Season 2 of this show but seriously why is there an irish guy in a nor cal biker gang? It just reads like "man you know whatd be even sweeter than an outlaw biker? An Irish outlaw biker, except not irish american or anything, real irish :cool: Also the second in command tough guy dude is an awful actor and is so urban and middle aged that he's totally unbelievable as a Biker. still cant stop watching though

nvm i just remembered im still watching because they have Henry Rollins playing a nazi

Chibbs is Scottish.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

BrandonGK posted:

Katey Sagal is a good actress and hardly to blame for how the character has been written.

I wouldn't go that far. She does have a fair amount of pull with the showrunner, after all.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Refresh my memory, does Sutter hate Justified?

It's a much better show than his, so of course he does.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Last Buffalo posted:

How did Toric just know it was a SOA-sourced gun before the cops have even broken down the crime scene. He confidently knows the plot behind Clay's whole murder framing, and he doesn't know any character in the loving show. Did he read this all off Wikipedia?

lovely writing.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Quick reminder that the guy that murdered his landlord and dismembered a cat before jumping to his death quit the show due to creative differences.

I'm pretty sure the difference was that Sutter thought his actors shouldn't take a shitload of drugs before showing up on set and the guy who played Half-Sack thought the opposite.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

deafmute posted:

Toric wasn't able to overpower or evade an incredibly weakened Otto that was practically bedridden.

To be fair, he had just been shanked in the kidney.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

BlindSite posted:

Does anyone else think this show has been a little more intentionally humorous the last two or three eps. Happy with the bell, Jax poo poo talking with Nino about him taggin' his mum and stuff?

I thought it was a nice change.

I actually really enjoyed the last episode. No gang politics or stupid CIA poo poo, just a bunch of blokes on bikes riding around and doing stupid violent poo poo. Seemed like a season 1 episode.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

smg77 posted:

Was the entire point of her wearing the wig for several episodes just to have that one scene where she takes it off?

Nah, I'm pretty sure that scene was put in because everyone was taking the piss out of the wig so Sutter came up with a reason for her to take it off.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Midnight City posted:

Also Tara's story looks like it's predictably being questioned. Wait you mean the edge of a desk doesn't make the same mark as someone kicking you?! :monocle:

All she has to say is that Gemma slammed her into the desk.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kane posted:

Does it continue being this way?

No.

It gets worse. A lot worse.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

STAC Goat posted:

This always struck me. The One Niners never seemed to need quite that many guns on The Shield.

Given how much business the SoA do I'm pretty sure there are more AK-47s in California than there are on the entire continent of Africa. Their version of LA must give Mogadishu a run for its money.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Will this Irish poo poo ever end?

The Irish does end, but the poo poo just gets worse.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Dear loving god, that Bohemian Rhapsody cover made my ears bleed.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

All that's left is stupid violence and titties with tape over them, and both of those things can be found in abundance, done better, elsewhere.

Banshee.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Schiavona posted:

I mean, he kinda murdered his wife, didn't he?

No "kinda" about it. I guess that's what years of repression does for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pixelante posted:

Sutter's meltdown would use a different thesaurus

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rogers-Profanisaurus-Rex-Ultimate-Dictionary/dp/0752228129

• Locked thread