Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I'm pretty sure this has already been covered but it bears repeating: this season has the stupidest, nonsensical plot I've seen in recent memory on any T.V. show.

After forking over her only son's wife, it's not surprising that Gemma wouldn't want to take all the credit. But blaming it on a powerful, rival GANG? How the gently caress did she think that was a good idea? Did she think that going to war with these guys would be a walk in the park and there would be no dire consequences?

As if that wasn't retarded enough, everyone thinks the Chinese did it because they wanted to send a message, yet for some loving reason whenever Jax and Henry Lin hang out the latter has never bothered to mention it once?

NONE OF THIS poo poo MAKES ANY SENSE!

We can make fun of grenades not being able to penetrate the Sons' skintanium armor (and we should), but this is infinitely more offensive because that's the main loving plot of the entire season!

loving Sutter, I swear. :argh:

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Javid posted:

Watching some older episodes, something really started bugging me. Jax is the VP from the beginning; how does a 20something dude leapfrog a bunch of older/wiser dudes to take that job, even as the son of a founding member? I mean I can buy it happening, but nobody ever even has a problem with it in seven seasons.

Actually, I believe Jax was supposed to be 37 when the show started.

Holyshoot posted:

Ya but you hear more often from people that Michael bay is a lovely director. Not too many people say sons sucks.

My experience with real life people about this show has been a little odd. I would hear everyone talk about how amazingly awesome Breaking Bad, but I barely know anyone who I've had a conversation about Sons. It's a really popular (ratings wise) show, and way more so than Breaking Bad ever was, and yet for some reason it hasn't really seeped into the national psyche like BB, The Sopranos, The Wire, etc. did. I don't see memes or gifs or anything about Sons at all, aside from the ones limited to this thread. It's just really strange.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What the hell happened to this thread? It's like it everyone stopped watching halfway through this episode.

Also, holy poo poo no montage? Somebody check to see if Sutter's okay.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Random, not really relevant thing I wanted to talk about. Y'all notice how Jax doesn't dress the same way as the other Sons? He's the only one that wears white tennis shoes and trendy jeans. Now, while I personally think he's rocking that look, it's not the usual biker chic. Anyone else thought about this?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 17, 2014

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Aw someone already made a joke about the IPAD. :(

Can someone explain to me what the point of Gemma being asked to go to the cabin was?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Sorry, one question: um...glasses? What possible loving reason did he need to be wearing those?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

All right then. So...

- Surprised to see Juice get raped. Of course, I don't know why, since this is a show by Kurt Sutter and it wouldn't be a show by Kurt Sutter if we didn't have at least one prison rape scene per season. I have to say, for all his faults, there's one thing you can say about Juice: he's loyal as all hell. Deciding to go through with the plan to kill Lin for Jax, even though he's getting his rear end plowed by a nazi gang leader. Dunno about you guys, but anal rape is where I would draw the line and tell Jax to go gently caress himself. And really, what the hell Jax? He really, REALLY hates Juice, doesn't he?

Also, why is Marilyn Manson banging a Puerto Rican anyway? Doesn't he have a rep to maintain?

- Speaking of Juice, did they ever explain why, despite the Irish's history with black people, the Sons were good allies with the 9ers and the Grim Bastards for several decades? Was the rule that it was okay to be friendly with the colored folk but not have them become members? If so then why did the Irish flip their poo poo when Jax suggested they work with August Marx?

- Okay, it looks like Jax will FINALLY find out about Gemman. Should be interesting/gravely disappointing to see what he'll do. But can I just say gently caress Sutter for revealing Gemma's secret in one of the worst possible ways? See, a good show can allow a plot point to advance in such a way that you think it's totally natural. The problem with Sons however, is that pretty much every goddamned thing is a contrivance. That scene with Gemma confessing to the baby? All it was there for was to give Abel an excuse to find out. The show never does anything with any subtlety. It beats you over the head with every little plot twist.

Also, I just really hate any plot points that involve kids.

edit:

Oh one last thing. Who the hell was the broad Jax was banging in the beginning?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 12, 2014

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So who's more subtle with symbolism: Sutter or George Lucas?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

On a whim, I decided to watch the first episode of Sons again, and I noticed that Jax actually isn't that muscular. Sure, he's lean, but he's not really that ripped. I always figured he had more muscle for some reason.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, I was wondering why there was no thread for the Bastard Executioner. We're actually just continuing this one?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tom Brady posted:

Strange how we did that thing that was discussed and agreed upon

I'm literally at least 500 pages behind. Forgive me if I somehow missed the agreement.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I was re-watching all 3 seasons of Spartacus and am wanting more testosterone-y, violent goodness. Is TBE any good on that front?

And if people have any other suggestions, that would be nice too.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

That something else was the infinitely better and more respectable Vikings.

Dude left SoA to work on Vikings?

I mean, in terms of moving to a better quality show, it's a great decision. But I'd figure he'd take a hit in the salary department. I'd assume FX would be willing to pay a lot more than the History Channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

JaddaCaddra posted:

Anyways, I'm reading issue two of "Sons of Anarchy: Redwood Original." It looks like whoever is writing it forgot about Otto being in the club. I guess he could be in prison by this point, but still, there have only been like, five members shown so far. The implication that this club's mother charter always had less than ten guys in it and somehow stayed one of the biggest gangs in a California city amuses me.

Yeah, that's the thing that always puzzled me. During the seasons where they were in prison, the first with the Aryans and then again when they had to deal with Pope, I was surprised to see how they had literally zero back up from any other bikers. Especially since you saw literally hundreds during that one episode in season 1 (or 2?) where they had that big shindig for...uh, something.

• Locked thread