Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Because there was a crying need for SoA-themed nail polish. Some random indie-polish business made some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I'm not watching this season to catch up. With half the primary cast dead, what's even the conflict at this point?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

sleepingbuddha posted:

Best possible ending for the show is if it turns out Unser faked his cancer to get in closer with the club, so he can take them all down.

Oh yes please.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I got more enjoyment out of this post than I have from any episode after season 2. (That didn't have Chibs with a liquor juicebox, or Venus Van Damme being Venus Van Damme.)

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Has anyone mentioned this season is terrible and makes no sense?

...said every fan who lasted past season 2.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I guess that's what happens when you're too technologically incompetent to get your jollies from WoW raids or CoD matches.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

comes along bort posted:

According to Charlie Hunnam the biker he hung out with and based the character on wore white sneakers.

It's a younger generation of biker thing. I think it initially served to draw the line between Clay's generation and Jax's. Apparently in Australia they call the bikers who dress like that "nike bikies." More street war inspired than World War 2 inspired, I suspect.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

Why does Jax have the top button of his shirt buttoned? Wear a god drat tie.

Not even drunk girls need two friends to hold their arms while they kick off their heels to dance barefoot, Jax.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Looking at the corsets, it occurs to me that "Redwood Originals" basically means a bunch of dudes who are a) dead, and b) would be chasing 70 years old if not dead. Lots of girls prefer older guys, but eugh.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

smg77 posted:

So go ahead and buy your special lady friend a Redwood Originals corset and be free of images of her wearing it for Clay or Piney.

Eh, Ron Pearlman's still kinda hot. I think it's the voice.

I think getting SoA trivia wrong is just as much of a boast as getting it right. Which is to say oh god why do we still watch this? Remember when it was a legitimately good show mid season 2? I wrote that season's OP and I actually cared. I had a tag and everything. :sigh:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Crow flies straight, bro.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

High Lord Elbow posted:

I made a thing. Well, I started to make a thing. I figure we could all use a program as the game winds down to its nonsensical conclusion.

Someone help me fill in the missing arrows. I spent way more time on this than it deserves.

Is there a slow clap smiley? There should be a slow clap smilely.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Aw, he was brilliant as Van Gohg in Doctor Who. That was a heartbreaking episode.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I'm someone who will accept any t-shirt as long as its free, and wear any t-shirt if it happens to be clean at the moment so I like to think these people ended up with a SoA shirt from secret Santa or something.

I remember when the predominant conversation in the season thread was the quality and fit of the official SoA shirts so that people could order the right size. I participated in it. :sigh:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Long-haired beanie bro sitting in the background, eating popcorn.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

If anyone is looking for an awesome Christmas gift, HMV in Canada has SoA fleece blankets. I picked it up and literally said, "What?" in public. The girl behind the counter said, "I know!" and we both started giggling. It's nice when I'm not crazy alone.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

mewse posted:

Is it a reaper? My wallet

Apparently Spencer's (wherever that is) version is the SoA reaper, but I think HMV's was this ugly poo poo. It was folded, so I dunno.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes I wonder if the kid who played Half-Sack knew what was coming and bailed before it got ugly.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I completely forgot about that. I still like the idea that he was sitting next to a drunk Sutter at some point, listening to how the show was going to play out and said NOPE. I do remember reading that Sutter had plans for his plot with Cherry, which ended up getting shoved aside for more baby ridiculousness. Season 3 really was the tipping point.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

My godson's family flat out loves SoA. Unironically. Is sixteen too young to explain to a child that I'm only friends with his mom because the condom broke when she was banging my dude-friends in high-school?

His dad hosed up off Calgary and rides a real motorcycle, so at least he has that positive role model. I'm not sure if I should give him guides to choosing a university for Christmas or a grow-op starter set.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

This is in Kelowna right? I bet this is in Kelowna.

e: Buy him the grow op starter set.

...Kamloops. So pretty much the same thing.

I see SoA hoodies there all the time. Seen one in Victoria, ever.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I'm just gonna put this here: SoA Actor Eats Girlfriend's Pet Rabbit.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I suspect Sutter is drawn to people who are kinda messed up.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Sons Of Anarchy only had 2 seasons, I really don't know what everyone's talking about.

This is what I keep telling people. "Go watch this great show but stop at the end of Season 2 because THERE ARE NO MORE EPISODES AT ALL."

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I can't be arsed to watch the episodes, but if Vic was a truck driver in the last episode who gave Gemma a ride, given his profession is trucker, shouldn't he have been like two states over by the next day?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

CloFan posted:

Patching out, one by one. When did gang tags happen, season 2? I think I caught up to this show during the third season.

Was definitely before Season 3. I lost mine for slagging Penny Arcade Expo and getting a red title. Did me a favour, really.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Went to a new breakfast joint in town. Biker-looking dude (no bikes in parking lot) sat down at the table next to us wearing an SOA t-shirt. When I got up to leave I glanced down--his jacket was an SOA hoodie. Double SOA is too much SOA.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You can find some "spoilers" for the unfinished Carnivale story lines that the creator released once it was obvious the show wasn't coming back. Of course, he also promised one way or another it'd get finished (obvious path--comic book) but I think it's safe to say that's buried.

Still, those first two seasons, despite the blue balling ending, are fantastic and spooky.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Orphan Black is amazing, and one of the only things to make me respect the craft of acting as a real skill. The lead plays character after character and they all have different ways of speaking, moving, and communicating. If the first 4 eps don't do it for you, though, don't force it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

smg77 posted:

We just going to keep using this thread?

Seems a little cruel to make a new one, drawing in innocent and uncorrupted minds.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

She was the mom in Pitch Perfect 2 as a former acapella diva. She's only in about five minutes total, at least.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Stop it. You jerks are starting to make me wanna watch it to see how bad it is.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey Kurt, don't bother, this spinoff will be 'snubbed' at the Emmys as well.

But he can blame it on racism.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

mewse posted:

The baddie-of-the-week thing is only for the first season, there's more focus on season arcs after that

Only thing that bugged me about Justified was the ex-wife. She's written in to fill in whatever momentum they need, but is otherwise a waste of a decent actress.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I didn't watch much after S3. Who survived, anyway? I know Gemma killed Tara, Jax killed Gemma, Vince killed Jax, but I'm not sure if any of the cast actually made it to the end.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

Who's Vince?

Of characters that you'd be familiar with at the point you stopped (off the top of my head): Chibbs, Happy, Chuckie, Wendy, Jax's kids...and that's about it as far as quote/unquote principal characters.

Didn't that trucker play someone named Vince in The Wire? I need a rewatch with fewer distractions. Of the Wire, not SoA. I'm not sticking my head back up Sutter's rear end. Really enjoyed that gif of Jax ruining that trucker's life, though.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

That's right: Tig lives as well (amazingly enough).

What would they even do after all that? Just keep on running guns, or be like, "hey guys... I think I'm just gonna get like... a real job at a garage in Wisconsin. Just... yeah. Bye."

Tig would probably die working three times as hard for crime money as he could get from a job till he eats it, though.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

mewse posted:

Season 5 was good but it was mostly a retread of stuff the series had explored already and felt formulaic. Oh here's the Florida family that are going to be the antagonists for this season, etc etc. Ava's stint in prison was also pretty lame but I don't remember whether it was S5.

I agree with you that it was good for them to close things down when they did. I particularly like how the ended the last episode by wrapping up all the plot lines in the first 15 minutes and then treating the rest of the episode as an epilogue, I think a lot of shows could learn from that.

I think I've only seen two seasons of Justified, but Ava at least had a personality that didn't seem to be "plot puppet." Winona drove me nuts as the weak link in stuff. The thing where she stole cash from evidence and made Raylan save her was so, so stupid.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Ahahah.

"What do you eat?"

"Mostly nothing."

"Well it looks great on you!"

Probably messed up the lines but I like that people are starting to notice that press interviews are really, really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I guess Sutter hasn't gotten to the bottom of things yet. He's bringing poo poo to the table.

Mayans MC in script development.

e: Really? Nothing? Did I miss the suicide pact? I missed the suicide pact, didn't I.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 12, 2016

• Locked thread