Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Marcade posted:

I know of two Michael Hunts personally. I also just spoke with a lady named Brooklyn Hooker.

Is that better or worse than former NFL receiver Fair Hooker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Just discovered an actor named Ameko Eks Mass Carroll.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

This name isn't said like the English words "wake-say", it's pronounced wah-KEE-say. Afaik it's Oneida. I don't think it's terrible.

Lady Disdain posted:

Just discovered an actor named Ameko Eks Mass Carroll.

I kind of like this because I can't figure it out, and I can always appreciate a name that does that. Which is a first, middle, or last name? Could go a lot of ways.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

All the other ones aside, this one doesn't phase me. I know someone that named her kids Ocean and Atom.

Ocean's middle name is Blue.

Phlegmish posted:

Because...you were a tomboy? That's easy to brush off as an adult, but it must have sucked back in school.

Nah, I wasn't a tomboy. I was just deemed the more 'masculine' of the two of us. I felt it was rude and lovely and never answered to it.

LadyPictureShow has a new favorite as of 14:33 on May 14, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Océane is a pretty common name in French-speaking countries. Interestingly, it's a fairly recent phenomenon, according to Wikipedia it only started becoming popular in the late seventies. I wonder if the French mocked it at first. I don't hate it, although when you think about it, it is rather strange to call someone an ocean.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

LadyPictureShow posted:

i only occasionally skim this thread to see if any names match up to the truly bizarre ones i've seen over the course of my data-sensitive career (and to see if anyone else shares my own bizarre name), but i just wanted to say that this is one of the cutest things i've ever seen and i hope ocean blue has a good life

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

Telemaze posted:

This name isn't said like the English words "wake-say", it's pronounced wah-KEE-say. Afaik it's Oneida. I don't think it's terrible.

ah this makes more sense. i try to avoid the obvious "non-english" names, but this person had a super generic last name.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Telemaze posted:

I kind of like this because I can't figure it out, and I can always appreciate a name that does that. Which is a first, middle, or last name? Could go a lot of ways.
I assumed Eks Mass Carroll = Xmas (Christmas) Carol and Ameko is maybe just a name?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

wheatpuppy posted:

I assumed Eks Mass Carroll = Xmas (Christmas) Carol and Ameko is maybe just a name?

Holy poo poo you just blew my mind, I totally didn't notice that! That's amazing.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Yep, that's the point.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

LadyPictureShow posted:

There was a Sunny Blue [lastname] in my Girl Scout troop.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I don't know where it's a common name, but whenever I hear the name 'Moreno', I'm always reminded of the word "moron". It's a deeply stupid name.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
It means brown in Spanish, so I'm guessing it's common in places where Spanish is spoken.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes, Moreno is just Spanish for 'brown'. Spanish speakers use it exclusively as a surname, but apparently it made its way into Italy as a given name, and maybe other countries as well. I'm reading that some noted idiots are named Moreno, maybe that's why the name has such negative connotations for Pope Hilarius.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Pope Hilarius reminds me that I have a friend called Larry who I knew for nine months IRL before bothering to add him on Facebook, where I realized his real name was Hilario

I know it's an actual name but it was never an option that had crossed my mind I guess

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

TheKennedys posted:

Pope Hilarius reminds me that I have a friend called Larry who I knew for nine months IRL before bothering to add him on Facebook, where I realized his real name was Hilario

I know it's an actual name but it was never an option that had crossed my mind I guess

Of course. My user name isn't just Pope Hilarius II for funsies, there actually was a Pope Hilarius in the 5th century. I hope he was as funny as his name suggests.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He was a pre-Reformation pope so I just assume as a matter of course that he was a serial adulterer with 17 children, and also a murderer who had his sister poisoned or something. Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't have been funny

e: huh, don't see any debauchery at all on Wikipedia. Must have been before that really become the fashion.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 17:06 on May 18, 2020

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

maybe he just enjoyed silly dad jokes, so they called his successor Pope Eyerollius

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Got a couple of free vinyls recently. One was produced by Dick Hazard, who apparently had a successful enough career that he has his own Wikipedia page. According to Wiki, he went by Richard, so either someone was loving with him when they credited him, or there were two guys with the same awesome name in the music business in the 1960s.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

hyperhazard posted:

someone was loving with him when they credited him

Weird, since "Dick Hazard" seems like a pretty clear "do not gently caress with" warning.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

wheatpuppy posted:

Weird, since "Dick Hazard" seems like a pretty clear "do not gently caress with" warning.

Important question: would this be a hazard for dick (in which case if you don't have one you don't gotta worry) or a hazard made of dick?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
If it were the latter, I feel as though it would be Hazard Dick.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Maybe this was posted early on in the thread, but there's a medical doctor out there with the name "Th36z-z19 Javier".

dirby has a new favorite as of 13:31 on May 24, 2020

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
More of an awesome name than a terrible name but: "Dr Pooky Knightsmith Hesmondhalgh"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
That last name looks so British I'm going to assume it's pronounced "head"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm the older sister who's working up a good barf right onto the cake

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
McKennedeigh

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Younger sister's eyes are in different zipcodes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Eh, it's just a kid. Wait until she grows up and names her kid Heighden or something, then we can make fun of her.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I went from "what the gently caress" to "oh, now I see why" as soon as I noticed the location on the post.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mckelteigh is the noise someone choking while ordering at Mcdonald's would make.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I was never a big fan of Drawsonne's Creeeighaieck.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Drawsonne is absolutely an indie board game where you illustrate your own cards

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I was never a big fan of Drawsonne's Creeeighaieck.

With these kind of mangled names that have tons of extra letters, it wouldn’t surprise me if some family in deepest Utah did name their baby something with three or more of the same letter in a row. Mckneightlighleiiigh

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

While helping out in a school records office some years ago, I did see a triple letter middle name. It was something like Elisssa.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That reminds me of "Essence" spelled Exxenxe, but at least that mother spread the x's around.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Holy gently caress is their last name Frogmouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Drawsonne Frogmouth is a strong contender for this year's name bracket