Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Giant Isopod posted:

Playing around searching the social security death index a few years back, I found one gentleman named Electric Buttram

My dad knew a guy with that last name, who said it as "boo-TRAM."

Sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Cymbal Monkey posted:

• Kadrea and her mother Qadriyya.

I knew a woman named Kadrije, likely pronounced the same, but she's from Albania originally.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

I feel exactly the same way. For a long time now.

I knew a guy whose first name was Reynolds a couple years back.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Zerz posted:

I also knew a boy named Lazzarious, and several little girls named "Precious" and "Treasure."

Along those lines, I've heard "Cherish" before.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

I used to work with a lady who named her son Diesel. Because his dad drove rigs around.

I vaguely remember some basketball player, pro, who named all of his six kids after himself, even the daughter, just added an A. Anyone remember who that was?

Are you thinking of George Foreman, the boxer? He has sons named George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI and a daughter named Georgetta.

Edit: ^ Yeah, that :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Then there's the truly wild world of athlete names. My favorite is God Shammgod, while this year's Olympian Destiny Hooker is right there.

I like the name Captain Munnerlyn (NFL player). Sounds like a 60s sitcom/kids' show name or something.