Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There is a woman from a local radio station whose name is Anita Bath. At least that one is tame compared to the other prank call names she could've ended up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There is someone on Toddlers and Tiaras who named her kid Camari because she craved calamari while she was pregnant.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

madlilnerd posted:

Here, have a Horrible Histories sketch.
http://youtu.be/QMp_xGeQ2v0
I loving love Horrible Histories.

Anyway, the guy who voices Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants is named Roger Bumpass.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

This didn't happen.

Next person who posts Le-a or A-a or some other "the dash ain't silent" name gets a week probation. It's not true, and has been proven many times over the course of this thread to be false.
Thanks, that was getting really annoying.

Jason Lee named his son Pilot Inspektor. That's like something you plan to name your kid when you're six.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
One of the doctors on Curious And Unusual Deaths is named John Butt. He's a middle aged, beer gutted, bald guy which makes it even funnier.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Todd.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jun 9, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I was wondering, can racehorse names count? A lot of them are pretty goofy sounding and I love it when smartasses give their horses names like Hoof Hearted.

Apparently, there are five people in the United Kingdom named Anita Hoare. I think a Toronto health board meeting got pranked with that name earlier this year.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Jan 14, 2013

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Actually, I was thinking of Bart's prank calls to Moe, with names along the lines of Hugh Jass (who was an actual person in the bar at the time Bart called) and Mike Rotch.
Those were based off of real prank calls. (Look them up on iTunes, they really need to be heard to be believed.)

I looked up a bunch of prank call names and apparently, there really is someone named Sharon Cox.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/31/2456787/sgt-sharon-cox-resigns-from-gig.html

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
The news mentioned a guy who just escaped from an institution in my province. His name was James John Jackson.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Penn Jillette named his daughter, Moxie Crimefighter and his son, Zolten. What a douchebag.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Rino posted:

Celebrity baby names are generally lovely and/or weird. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian apparently named their baby North. North West.

:thumbsup:
Apparently, they've also nicknamed it Nori. Like the seaweed that gets wrapped around sushi.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There was a blues singer who died today named Bobby Bland.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Laocius posted:

There was a guy in my town named Ben Dover. His wife was named Eileen.
Oh sure, and my teacher's name is Anita Mandablo and there's also a couple down the street called Aster and Emma Rhoids.

There's actually an English radio host named Sara Cox who named her son, Issac. Poor kid.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

Ottawa has a realtor named Anita Hoare. And that would appear to be her married name :psyduck:
poo poo, if it were in Toronto, then one of the names in this health board meeting prank could have been a real person.

I just found an obituary in an Ottawa newspaper for someone called William Loney. He went by Bill for some reason.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's this kid at my Sylvan called Ryann. I don't get it, what's the point of adding the extra n. It just looks dumb.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Nov 8, 2013

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's this kid in my school called Luke Longstaff.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I reading a fashion magazine magazine out of boredom and they showed a comment on an ugly skirt by someone named Padawan.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Butch Dick, a carver from the Songhees Nation. Take out the T and his name would almost mean "bend over" in German.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jan 31, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I googled that kid's name and found a celebration page for babies being born. Her sister's name is actually worse than that.

quote:

A brother is Casey Jr., 19, and a sister is Khayleigh-Huntyr Madisyn, 9.
What is it with these parents loving up the spelling of normal names? Won't that just make everyone end up misspelling their kid's name.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

McSpergin posted:

Just out of curiosity I think it was in the last AUG thread but does anyone remember that ridiculous name full of Y's? Like Mykynzie or something retarded? TIA
Is this it?

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Jul 30, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Konstantin Konstantinovs, Russian powerlifter.

Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov, Russian boxer.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Akon's real name is Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Bongo Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

His parents named him hoping he'd grow up to be a mutant
He does kind of look like a mini Benedict Cumberbatch so they weren't entirely off.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Saw a lawyer on an episode of Forensic Files called Gayland G. Gieger.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Ken Phfister. It was the "name" of someone who sent a nature pic to a news station so he might have made it up as a joke.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Some poor guy with the initials "BJ Lord" came into my work today. Said he didn't know what his parents were thinking.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

This made me look up Vincent Schiavelli, who I now just learned is dead :(
Someone made a pretty interesting little documentary about that guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oSfVSROjdk

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Did a google search for Richard Lund. There's quite a few people by that name. (Lund means dick in Hindi.)

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Heard a mom call her toddler "Sapphire" on the bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Tiny Lund