Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Shalinor posted:

Presented without comment: My Little Pony GameJam

Well...that's different. I guess at this stage it has become something of a heavily internalized Touhou kind of thing?

Who knows, perhaps they'll resurrect Anquestria all things considered, heh!

http://anquestria.blogspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

SlightlyMadman posted:

I wish SA would make its mind up about whether pixel art is awesome or the devil. I'm just going back to making ANSI art with TheDraw.

Those rabbit holes go deeper now! http://rexpaint.blogspot.com/

The main thing with KS is managing/grounding public perceptions---a well wrought demo will do that for some projects, others can wing it with an appealing written/spoken pitch coupled with a reasonable-sounding delivery date and some bits of art and music, and some still just get a psychic hold on folks via powerful nostalgia or some manner of inscrutable derangement. Ideally, somebody wants to touch on all fronts to shore up their odds, but success can probably be had with just one fully realized---timing of the campaign versus everything is always going to be there as an X factor.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
That horse is amazing---please accomplish the dream of dreams and implement an entirely plagiarized and over-the-top Bravestar transformation. The lore would seem to support it!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Amusingly, virtually everybody that's seen fit to mention Qud hopefully getting musical somewhere down the line has had it at the top of their list to 80's Synth It Up---I voted for FM, of course, as the world needs more than roughly exactly one Roguelike sporting that peerless glory.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

FM you say? Well, heh, ahem, heheheh :wink:

You'd probably be able to reckon something cool from what I've heard of your stuff!

Though, in this land of reckless power fantasy, I'd like to see something beyond the venerable PC-xx in either higher fidelity---like some X68OOO action or an MSX-Turbo frankenstein'd to hell and back with an ever-stronger Trilotracker + the finest in Moonsound sorcery....or a grand hybrid approach where the many chips are weaved together, even amusingly "inappropriate for Roguelike" ones like the upcoming Arcade boards, with Delek's DefileMask...or just outright awe inspiring such that doesn't even exist yet in this flawed world to fit the uniquely epic scope of Qud like somehow getting Aly James drunk and productive like a fey-mooded thing out of Dwarf Fortress to at last create a Saturn++ equivalent to his Genesis work on FM DRIVE for the Ultimate in ascetic and esoteric FM Aural Technology since that was as far as SEGA and YAMAHA got before losing their fool minds.

I can only imagine what inscrutable guise the bad Steam reviews would ascend into~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Unormal posted:

We're actual considering an eclectic multi-contributer album, we've been fiddling a little, but again we're glacially slow. If you're interested, throw down a rough draft of what you're thinking to unormal@gmail.com.

We're looking for standard 20,000 AD asian/african/middle eastern fusion electro-meditation bowl animal sound ambient.

This is an awesome consideration that I have to reckon will bear greater fruit for you lot than even the likes of NecroDancer's multi-contributor approach---plus the amusement factor of potentially adding more and more talented folks on this very forum as the grand adventure continues to unfold.

When it comes time to really cast all the lines in the water on the music front, I will definitely get the word out to every nifty chip/synth/FM/etc person I can think of/have been keeping tabs on for years now---have to imagine at least a portion might take a crack at it given how far afield Qud is from the norm.

ExiledTinkerer fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 26, 2015