Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
A friend and I are having fun making a 3D stealth game in Godot. I have some ideas on how the system will work, but is there any good write ups on how the stealth system in Thief The Dark Project works under the hood? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Dumb question. Since I'm making a 3d stealth game like Thief in Godot, I've been trying to implement leaning into my 3d character controller -- you know, so you can peek around corners. I created an animation for each direction (left, right), where the key frames rotate the player model some degrees on the the z axis. But the problem is this doesn't change based on what direction the player is facing, so you end up only being able to lean in two static directions. I feel dumb, but can somebody point me in a direction on how to make it so they player leans based on where they're facing? Thanks.