Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

ZealousQuakeFan posted:

Spike: Flash shooter I've been working on.
Please someone play this and give this guy some gameplay feedback, I've been trying to get this jerk to post his stuff online for goddamn ages :v:

floofyscorp posted:

[edit] I'm not hugely familiar with second-level education here in the UK but I believe there are other options besides A-levels like BTECs and the like(someone who knows wtf, feel free to elaborate here) which might feature more practical/interesting coursework to get you motivated?

Warwick College around here do a btec-level Games Art course, but you remember how out of date Teesside was for following what is current gen? Yeah, that, but for 16 year olds :/ Nothing that can't be learned off your own back.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Bear in mind being at university is a shitload different than college*. Even just moving away from family and bunking down in halls of residence with dudes from all over the country is a totally different experience and if embraced, a social explosion (Some tend to lock themselves in their room, their loss). I saw people who used to commute from home to Uni and they always themselves felt like social outsiders.

Uni is another life, College in the UK is basically High school for another two groaning years only with skaters and poo poo. I was such a painfully awkward person when I first started at Uni at 21 and five years of study after, I was a whole new man. Then I spent a further two years bollocking down on my portfolio because I needed to and now I've been working as a 2D Artist for a year.

*(disclaimer that College in the UK serves 16-18 pre-uni level, also known as Sixth Form and University courses are taken after that)

What's the age now to be considered a mature student? I've often seen mature students get on to games related courses, even technical coding courses with a portfolio of work rather than needing a bullshit UCAS score.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 16, 2012