Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

2 Zomb 2 Urious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Isn't Ubisoft French?

ZombiDeux

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
That would be pronounced pretty close to Zombie Duh. I guess Zombies: Duh would be a pretty self explanatory title.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
ZombiWUUUUUUUUUUUUU Featuring Ric Flair

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

ZombiWUUUUUUUUUUUUU Featuring Ric Flair

You fight a zombified Hulk Hogan for thirty minutes straight but of course he no-sells the entire fight and you lose. Then an alive Kevin Nash pokes Hogan in the chest with his finger and Hogan's torso explodes.

:wcw:

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Gutcruncher posted:

That would be pronounced pretty close to Zombie Duh. I guess Zombies: Duh would be a pretty self explanatory title.

Ah, shows how much I know about French.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Captain Tolerable posted:

Something that looks incredibly uncomfortable to use for an extended period of time.

The true question is "remember this?"

Well, actually that isn't too far away from this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SenseLess fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 7, 2012

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

SenseLess posted:

Well, actually that isn't too far away from this:

That screen looks like it screams "kill me".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just got an email that Zombi U is worth $40 trade in at Gamestop until December 16. Thought that's unusually high. I'm halfway tempted but I think I like the game too much, I don't want to just rush through and beat it then trade it in.

But if you're one of those who didn't like it, I've never really seen them have a trade in that high. Is that customary right after release?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

greatn posted:

I just got an email that Zombi U is worth $40 trade in at Gamestop until December 16. Thought that's unusually high. I'm halfway tempted but I think I like the game too much, I don't want to just rush through and beat it then trade it in.

But if you're one of those who didn't like it, I've never really seen them have a trade in that high. Is that customary right after release?

I traded it in the first week I had it because I couldn't handle the amount of anxiety that the game caused, and that was playing in chicken mode (or easy whatever). I got 32 bucks then and I thought that was high, and don't really regret trading it then, now would be a great deal if you were on the fence.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mercury Crusader posted:

I wanna know how complicated it would be to rocket jump with either setup.

Then I wanna master it. :getin:

With a Wiimote, not bad! In theory PC TF2 is Wiimote-capable using GlovePIE, but without MetroidPrime-style aiming modulation it isn't exactly fun. But I can defs rocketjump that way.

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

So apparently Nintendo is blocking all users from viewing 18+ rated Wii U eShop titles from 3AM - 11PM every day in order to protect the children.

what in the gently caress are they doing

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

So apparently Nintendo is blocking all users from viewing 18+ rated Wii U eShop titles from 3AM - 11PM every day in order to protect the children.

I thought this was some sort of weird exaggeration but Nope. You can't buy ZombiU or Assassin's Creed 3 digitally before 11pm. That's really insane and weird as hell. I work a full time job so I usually turn off the games by 11. To be forced to shop online after 11pm is a huge turn off for me.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

That'll probably protect adults more than minors. "gently caress NINTENDO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK I DIDN'T MEAN TO BUY FUNKY FARM DRUNK AND HIGH AT 3AM!"

Polo-Rican posted:

I thought this was some sort of weird exaggeration but Nope. You can't buy ZombiU or Assassin's Creed 3 digitally before 11pm. That's really insane and weird as hell. I work a full time job so I usually turn off the games by 11. To be forced to shop online after 11pm is a huge turn off for me.

Couldn't you just change your timezone information?

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Nintendo could probably do with firing absolutely every single individual associated with the design of their online shop, friend functionality and account mechanics.

They are so very terrible at it, that it's hilarious. I keep considering the purchase of a Nintendo console, and they keep convincing me otherwise with these random acts of self-sabotage.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

What the hell Nintendo. I have sub 3 year old kids, if I want a full night sleep I need to go to bed way before 11.

Has anyone tried changing their internal clock? Or timezone or whatever?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You already have GOD drat parental controls! It already takes a GOD drat credit card to buy games! Every Nintendo Profile already requires your GOD drat age and is password protected. What the gently caress are they thinking?

It's a complete embarrassment.

Edit: I didn't realize this is just Europe. That's weird as hell. It also appears maybe if you set parental controls it's fine?

greatn fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 7, 2012

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Couldn't you just change your timezone information?

This is not a solution, and also highlights why it's such a stupid form of 'protection'

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

WORLDS BEST BABY posted:

This is not a solution, and also highlights why it's such a stupid form of 'protection'

I agree, but I can :argh: Nintendo at the same time I try to get my functionality back. I just want somebody with a WiiU handy to test it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

greatn posted:

You already have GOD drat parental controls! It already takes a GOD drat credit card to buy games! Every Nintendo Profile already requires your GOD drat age and is password protected. What the gently caress are they thinking?

It's a complete embarrassment.

Your anger is comical.

I really don't see it as that big of a deal. It isn't the ideal way to handle security/child locks but if you really want the game, goto bed and buy it later.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Your anger is comical.

I really don't see it as that big of a deal. It isn't the ideal way to handle security/child locks but if you really want the game, goto bed and buy it later.

I could see it as being problematic if Nintendo does midnight releases online like Sony has on PSN.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

flyboi posted:

I could see it as being problematic if Nintendo does midnight releases online like Sony has on PSN.

It's definitely not the best system.

The best system would be creating an Adult Nintendo account which you pay for (what you pay you'll then get to use as a discount on your next eShop purchase) which gives you full permission to be an adult with other adults. If you break common decency rules you get kicked back to the Everyone Nintendo account which nobody has to pay for but has parental controls set to high (like the 11PM eShop lock).

I just don't think it's such a catastrophe that greatn or anyone has to :spergin: about it. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person here who complains to Nintendo about Wii-U stuff.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Your anger is comical.

What.

The idea that Nintendo would do this in any country (unless they have to in order to obey laws, which we would have heard about from English posters regarding other digital distribution) is completely and utterly loving insane and lovely and :psyduck:.

Buy it later? The correct answer is "buy it never." What a joke. The article cites "regulations" of all Euro countries, but I've never heard of Steam or PSN or XBLA doing this poo poo in a blanket manner.

I feel like this has to be fake, it's so nuts.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Time to cash in:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/07/nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-digital-promotion-website-live/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It's definitely not the best system.

The best system would be creating an Adult Nintendo account which you pay for (what you pay you'll then get to use as a discount on your next eShop purchase) which gives you full permission to be an adult with other adults. If you break common decency rules you get kicked back to the Everyone Nintendo account which nobody has to pay for but has parental controls set to high (like the 11PM eShop lock).

I just don't think it's such a catastrophe that greatn or anyone has to :spergin: about it. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person here who complains to Nintendo about Wii-U stuff.

Its not a 'catastrophe' or a deal breaker. What it is, is annoying. Nintendo took a big step forward with their online, and now they are taking a step back. Making it more inconvenient to purchase items is ridiculous.

I like your plan, its not even that hard, companies do a 1 dollar test charge then immediately refund it on cards all the time to confirm it’s a real card. That’s all it would take for Nintendo to verify you’re an adult. It has you set up parental controls when you turn the WiiU on the first time. How about when you go in the Eshop theres a button to click that says Views 18+ content, and you put in your parental code there. All better then a hard timeslot.

Yeah little Timmy could steal you card and go buy a game, but he could go on Amazon with your card and address and order the game there just the same.

Its messed up that we are being inconvenienced because of something they already have parental locks in place for. And I’m sorry, ‘It’s not TOO inconvenient’ is an unacceptable response.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
It's purely a PR move, to get the attention of and back into good graces with the overprotective parents that make up a good portion of Nintendo's expanded audience which they tapped into with the Wii.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah that's a pretty dumb move on NoE's part. Hoping that doesn't come to America or any other region and I'm hoping enough people complain that NoE stops doing it

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This is really cool. Seeing my Mii on something that isn't my 3DS or my Wii U is bizarre and exciting.

Zuph
Jul 24, 2003
Zupht0r 6000 Turbo Type-R

That's an insanely roundabout way to credit accounts. Buy a game, get points, trade in points to get codes which must be manually entered in the eShop, points are credited as dollars to your account.

Is the Deluxe Digital promotion offered outside the US? If so, I guess I can *kind* of understand it.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Got $10 back :toot: I suppose the weird thing is that it's always gonna be just $5 voucher codes but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Zuph posted:

Is the Deluxe Digital promotion offered outside the US? If so, I guess I can *kind* of understand it.
It should be available for all Deluxe editions so it should? Plus the main page has options for all sorts of languages.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jet Set Jettison posted:

This is really cool. Seeing my Mii on something that isn't my 3DS or my Wii U is bizarre and exciting.

Yeah. I can't wait for the smartphone apps and such to come out, it's really neat.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Joramun posted:

It's purely a PR move, to get the attention of and back into good graces with the overprotective parents that make up a good portion of Nintendo's expanded audience which they tapped into with the Wii.

When did they fall out of good graces with parents? Their wording makes it seem as though that restriction is required in some European markets, and so they're just doing it in all of them. I assume this is because NoE is lazy.

The fact that people aren't up in arms about this really illustrates just how far Nintendo superfans will bend backwards for the company.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 7, 2012

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Zuph posted:

That's an insanely roundabout way to credit accounts. Buy a game, get points, trade in points to get codes which must be manually entered in the eShop, points are credited as dollars to your account.

I'm pretty sure most rewards programs work like this? Bestbuy and Gamestop come to mind.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Huh, apparently you can't even sign into that site until the day after you've made your first eShop purchase?

Deluxe Digital Promotion posted:

Sign in failed.
You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop.
That's pretty counterintuitive. If this was my first time hearing about it I'd think it was some kind of trap.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

That doesn't seem counter-intuitive to me at all. I really wouldn't expect to have access to a rewards program for a thing I'm not using. :shrug:

E: Are you referring to the 'day after a purchase' thing as not making sense?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Yyep, just tested in the UK and I can't even view the details on 18 rated games. What the gently caress, Nintendo. Just when it seems your online stuff is starting to improve you go and do something completely retarded again

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Yyep, just tested in the UK and I can't even view the details on 18 rated games. What the gently caress, Nintendo. Just when it seems your online stuff is starting to improve you go and do something completely retarded again

Did you try changing you clock and or timezone?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did you try setting parental controls? I heard if you have them set it removes the limitation.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Nintendo should at least change the stylesheet on the eShop so after 11 or whatever it becomes "Nintendo eShop After Dark". Velvet black light paintings, Mario's giving under the table action on horse races, Luigi is a wino in the corner, Daisy is turning tricks for mushrooms. Do it right, Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

Nintendo should at least change the stylesheet on the eShop so after 11 or whatever it becomes "Nintendo eShop After Dark". Velvet black light paintings, Mario's giving under the table action on horse races, Luigi is a wino in the corner, Daisy is turning tricks for mushrooms. Do it right, Nintendo.

This would be acceptable.

• Locked thread